Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
Shiel's Home Bar_left27%Shiel's Home Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
Shiel's Home Bar_left0%Shiel's Home Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Shiel's Home Bar_left9%Shiel's Home Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Shiel's Home Bar_left0%Shiel's Home Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Shiel's Home Bar_left45%Shiel's Home Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

3 posters

Shiel's Home

Mimi Shiel
    Mimi Shiel

Shiel's Home Empty Shiel's Home

Post  Mimi Shiel Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:20 pm

Shiel's Home 43-kentucky-a-455-million-6-bedroom-6-bath-two-half-bathroom-house-in-louisville

Visitors are welcomed by a nicely trimmed, open front yard, with decorative small bushes and trees, and brightly colored flowers surrounding the front of the house. The fenced-in backyard yard is quite large, with trees perfect for reading under in one of the comfortable outdoor benches, or relaxing in the shaded hammock. The stone patio area is furnished with outdoor furniture and a stone bench surrounding a cozy fire pit. Secluded off on the opposite side of the patio is a large, gazebo enclosed hot tub, perfectly hidden away from prying eyes.

The interior of the house is equally as pleasing, with a grand landing staircase near the entry way leading to the second floor. The living area is quite spacious, with a fire place and a sectional modern sofa surrounding it. The kitchen is combined with the dining room, and has an island with seating for optimal eating space. The den is furnished with a full entertainment system, and a plush leather sofa, armchairs, and love-seat make for roomy seating. There are four bedrooms upstairs, including the master suite, each equipped with its own bathroom ,and downstairs is a large office connected to a small library. The garage is found on the side of the house, and is split into 2 sections. The main garage is capable of fitting 2 cars, with the smaller being able to fit 1.

~~~~~O~~~~~
    Shiel sister's remodeling:

~Office has been turned into Celi's work room
    ~Library is now Mimi's work room
    ~Smaller garage acts as Mimi's outdoor workshop

Last edited by Mimi Shiel on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:32 am; edited 3 times in total
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Shiel's Home Empty Re: Shiel's Home

Post  Celi Shiel Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:24 pm

"Thanks. A phone number would be great, and you can come in if you want, maybe we can hard boil a few eggs for those injuries of yours?" She said half joking and half serious, while she wouldn't admit it out right, Celi was a bit worried about his wounds. Sure, he probably got them on pretty much a daily basis but she was used to nurturing others/her sister, and seeing him hurt like that was making her feel uneasy now that they were away from his natural element.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:33 pm

"You're really going to boil some eggs for me?" John asked, following her inside the large house, "I didn't think you had such little faith in your healing rub. Not that I'd turn you down. I'd take the eggs any day. Best thing is, once you're done with them, you can eat them." He looked around at the spacious house with a frown. As it was night, it was mostly dark and very quiet. There was no radio on, no bickering of siblings... it felt rather......empty. "Is your house always this lively?" John asked, rather uncomfortable in such a large and fairly expensive house.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:56 pm

"Oh I have faith in my rub, that stuff has saved my hide more times then I can count, but a little extra healing help would do you some good, plus I am a bit hungry" She joked, absentmindedly dropping her clutch bag on the counter while she made a beeline for the kitchen and the fridge, luckily they did have eggs, omelets being one of the few things Celi could actually cook without much trouble. Gathering a hand full of them and kicking the fridge door close, she quickly pulled out a pot, filled it, and turned on the heat. In a few minutes the water would be boiling and ready to go.

"Huh?" She almost missed what he had said, so busy getting the eggs ready. "Oh yea, it's only like this when my little sister isn't home, it's just the two of us here since our parents are a bunch of no shows" Celi did her best not to add anything else to that little comment, she had quite a few things to say about her parental figures, and none of them were polite in any way.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:17 pm

Had he heard her correctly?

"You and your sister are usually alone here?" John asked incredulously, "At least tell me you've got a decent security system in this house. You two are practically sitting ducks." Celi looked as if she was trying not to give too much information about her parents not being home, so he decided not to push the issue too much. It was a little unnerving that the two girls were just left alone like that though and John didn't like the fact one bit. Granted, it was none of his business so he should probably butt out, but it still left a sour taste in his mouth. He saw a pen and a little notebook on the table, so he scribbled down his name and cell phone number quickly. "Anyway, here's my number. You need anything at all, call me up."
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:41 pm

Celi just shrugged, she and Mimi certainly didn't mind being on their own, way better this way then if their parents were home anyway. "Yea, we have a security system, but it doesn't get much use since this is Westside Vepigo" She said a bit sarcastically, her part of town was always made out to be some perfect and happy place to live, where everyone was always smiles and there was never any trouble. The whole thing made her sick, she knew damn well that most of the people living here were snobs, who only acted friendly to your face and happily spread rumors about you the moment your back was turned. "Some perfect and happy place this is..." The Shiel sister's never complained since this was their home, but if it wasn't for the convenient space, they'd happily move else where. Somewhere more homey that didn't scream FAKE!

So busy with her inner thoughts, she nearly jumped in surprise when John handed her a slip of paper with his number on it. It was...comforting to know that he'd be there if she ever needed him. Rather strange, since he was the one so many had told her not to trust, and yet he was one of the few she felt that she could trust. "Thanks...I'll be sure to do that" She graced him with a small but heartfelt smile, before quickly turning to the now boiling water, her cheeks dusted in red. Celi wasn't really used to having to thank someone for such a kind gesture, it was rather embarrassing really.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:54 pm

The silence stretched on between the two as the eggs boiled in the water. He felt a bit more at ease now than when he'd first came into the house. Perhaps it was her company or perhaps it was just him settling down a bit more. He was never required to immediately return home after bouts at the arena, so he felt no need to rush back home right away. Glimpsing up at the clock, he came up behind Celi and grabbed the handle of the pot, pulling it from the burner and carrying it towards the sink to pour the still hot water down the drain. "Eight minutes." The fighter said simply, before running cold water over the eggs, "If you boil them longer, the yolks start getting that green shit on 'em."

With that, he set to peeling the shells off the eggs, piling the shells on a napkin he'd found. He worked quickly, as the eggs were still hot enough to burn the skin, but made no complaints. His calloused fingers soaked in much of the heat and when he had a couple eggs shell-free, he began to rub the eggs on his bruises. Instantly the skin reddened, but he continued the ministrations diligently.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:04 am

Celi watched in silent awe as John skillfully handled things from there, apparently fighting wasn't the only thing he good at. She knew full well that if she tried to peel the eggs while they were still that hot, she would burn herself easy but John took it like it was no big deal, his rougher hands undoubtedly helping in the matter too. "Doesn't that still burn? Cold water might have helped but they're still hot right?" .

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:23 am

"The heat helps." He murmured, smiling at her, "In all honesty though...yeah, it burns like hell. If you try this, make sure the egg is cool enough not to burn you. Otherwise, you're not going to get very far. I'm used to having them hotter. Most people get scalded." He continued to rub the hot egg on his bruise, the purplish skin returning to an angry red underneath.

After a while, he tilted his head towards the remaining eggs in the pot. "Those should be cool enough for you now. If you don't mind, could you lend me a hand? If you could rub those on my faded bruises, that'd be great."
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:31 am

Celi glanced from him to the eggs, impressed that he could handle such heat with little trouble. "Sure, but you're going to have to lose the shirt, unless you can do this kinda thing with it on that is" She hopped down from her place on the counter top where she had chosen to sit while watching John apply his home remedy, gingerly handling an egg from the pot. It was still a bit hot, but nothing painful so she could manage. Shelling it the same way she had seen John do it, she quickly turned to him, egg in hand, and ready to help.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:46 am

Placing his eggs in his left hand, he expertly pulled off his shirt with one deft motion of his right hand. It was as if he'd done this hundreds of times. In fact, he had - most often at home where his family always took care of each other. Once the shirt was off and his tattoo-covered torso was again exposed to the night air, he went back to egging himself and waiting for her to follow his example.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:06 am

Wasting no time, Celi quickly applied the heated egg to his battered skin, trying to pay little mind to his expert skills at clothing removal. She silently hoped that he picked up that skill from the fighting ring and not in a more.....risque place. Though is wasn't really any of her business, she was only his employer after all, nothing more, she stubbornly thought.

With a determination to get such thoughts out of her head, Celi tried focusing on the task at hand, and carefully rubbed the egg along any bruises she could see. Her attention swayed though, when her eyes came upon his tattoo covered back, the intricate, vaguely tribal design catching her creative eye. "Wow, what a nice piece" She mumbled to herself, unconsciously tracing an ink line with one hand, while the other continued its work
    John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:13 am

His ears barely picked up her mumbled comment about the tattoo covering his entire back. He turned his head slightly towards her. Celi was absently tracing part of the tribal design on his back with interest. "You like that?" He asked, referring to the tattoo, "That took a lot of time, money and lots of trips to the tattoo parlor. Bled a lot too, but they usually do. Want one?"
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:23 am

Her head snapped up to look at him, a light blush coloring her cheeks as she realized what she was doing. Though John didn't seem to mind at all, even going so far as to explain how, quite literally, much blood and sweat and money went into it. Celi, who chose to continue to trace his tattoo with a finger, figuring that so long as he wasn't complaining, that it was alright to touch, seemed a little unsure about the question. "Not sure, certainly not something this big....but these things do last forever, I wouldn't know what to get" If she did get something, she'd want it to be something important, something she could live with for the rest of her life. "What about yours? Any special reason for getting them or just a whim?"

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:35 am

"You can get anything you want." The fighter said simply, shrugging his shoulders. The muscles moved fluidly beneath his skin with the motion and he continued. "I got what suits me - western tattoos. I like country music, guitar, home cooking and all that shit. I'm also not afraid to get down and dirty when I have to. These tattoos are to cover up the scars on my body from all sorts of trouble...so that my kid sister won't have to see 'em. She's only a little girl. She doesn't need to see the ...well, let's just say she doesn't need to see what I've seen." Celi's fingertips gliding lightly over his skin had a homey, comforting feeling to them.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:45 am

Pausing movement in both hands, Celi stared up at him in surprise, having to since she was almost a head shorter then he was. "You have a little sister?" In all the rumors she had heard about the infamous Wilder family, she had never heard a word about a sister, she assumed all were boys. What's more, is that Rai Island's resident 'most dangerous man' just confessed that his body art wasn't some sort of rebellion or to show the world how bad ass he was, but to make sure his little sister would never know how hard he's had it. Celi found it touching to know that he'd go so far for his younger sibling, being an older sibling herself, she knew what it was like to want to do anything in your power to keep them innocent and happy for as long as possible.

Last edited by Celi Shiel on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:03 am

He turned to face her, his expression serious as he towered over her. "Don't let that get out, okay? If people knew what I just told you, they might try to go after her to get to me. I can't let that happen." John scratched the back of his neck in contemplation and decided to extend his trust out to her. Celi really did seem like a girl he could trust and she obviously already had some trust for him, even though they'd only just met. Still, she gave him the impression of someone he could be comfortable around. Maybe modeling for her wouldn't be so bad after all.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:18 am

Celi smiled up at him, less intimidated by him ~if she ever was~ now that they had some common ground together. "Don't worry your secret is safe with me" It was sweet to know that he'd willing do so much for his little sister, Celi knew that she, herself would do anything in her power and beyond to insure Mimi's safety and happiness. And she was sure a guy like John Wilder would be like a shield and sword if need be, when it came to his family.

"Besides, I don't think anyone would believe me if I said the John 'Rodeo' Wilder was actually a closet softie" She added teasingly, giving him an impish grin before returning to her work. Fluff and warm feelings aside, Celi just couldn't resist messing with the guy, it was in her very nature! And it made it much more fun knowing that it was John she was teasing and, if his personality so far was anything to go by, he wouldn't be miffed from a few jabs either. "At least working together will be fun"

Last edited by Celi Shiel on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:30 am

He stared at her for a few long moments, then put the now slightly warm egg on her cheek and rubbed it against her skin a little. "Thanks." He said simply, taking a bite out of the egg and giving her a wink.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:37 am

Celi playfully scoffed, wiping her moist feeling cheek with the hand the had been tracing his tattoos. She removed the lukewarm egg from his skin, it wouldn't do him much good now, and took a bite herself. Opting to flip him the bird rather then return the wink, if he wanted to flirt ~or whatever it was~ fine, but she wasn't going to play along by anyone's rules but her own.

Last edited by Celi Shiel on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:04 am

A sharp peal of laughter filled the kitchen and he shook his head at her. "Are all the girls in Vepigo as charming as you?" John teased playfully, "I'd have thought you'd have better manners than that...guess I shouldn't assume, huh?" He finished the egg he was eating and set the other one down on the counter. It was late - but not terribly late - and the moonlight shined through the glass of the closest window. The cool night air outside was occasionally disturbed by a gentle breeze, but was otherwise pleasant. He turned back to look at the girl he'd met not even an hour earlier.

He must have been out of his mind to let her talk her into doing something as... well... frilly as modeling a fashion line. The fighter wasn't exactly cut out for this. Not once had he ever tried on new clothes and posed for anyone, even his own family members. Even Joanna didn't expect him to prance about. And that was really saying something. No, John was used to rough housing with his brothers, fighting in the streets and the arena, and intimidating people with as little as a sneer. But what he acted like in public was only one side of the coin.

On the other hand, John was raised with a deep love for family and music. Not many people realized that he and his entire family would go berry picking together, spend time picking apples from tree branches or help their mother can fruits and vegetables. There was nothing like gathering the family and going camping in the woods out past the Ninatu Animal Hospital. And none of that RV or pull-behind camper shit. REAL camping. With tents, sleeping bags and cooking over an open fire. And after dinner, they would bring out their instruments and fill the night with music.

But that was something about his family that the public didn't know or didn't care about. Maybe both. Either way, it didn't matter in the end. Pushing aside his feelings of nostalgia, John asked, "So... now what? Do we start tonight?"
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:02 am

"Unfortunately no, most of the other girls here are so incredibly polite, its boring" She said, placing her half eaten egg on a plate. Celi gave the amused man an impish grin. "I actually skipped all of my etiquette lessons growing up to sneak into fashion shows and photo shoots" She wasn't at all embarrassed or offended that John thought she lacked a few manners ~although she was sure he was joking~, in fact, she was pleased he found her behavior so amusing.

One important thing she learned through the years as a designer was that a happy model, was an amazing model. A persons attitude and inner light could make or break a show, and she wanted John to shine brighter then anyone else at her colleges annual winter show. It wasn't out of pity, that was for certain, she had no trouble at all with the Wilders background or lifestyle. It was more out of her own pride really, she wanted to show everyone, her own team included, that John Wilder was indeed a diamond in the rough. Yes he was intimidating, and more then a little scary to anyone who first met him, but he was a rather attractive man ~something she admitted only to herself and it was begrudgingly~ and with his natural dangerous looks combined with her new line, she was sure they'd blow the crowds away.

Plus, despite only really knowing him for an hour at best, Celi could tell she and John would get along pretty well with time. Given one doesn't try to strangle the other for some vague reason. They were both head strong, that was an obvious, not to mention extremely protective of those they cared about. Add in a whopping dash of teasing/dry/sarcastic humor and it was a wonder they haven't really gone at it yet.

"Well we can take care of measurements now, but other then that, I don't have anything for you to do until I get some more work done" That was one of the down sides to the world of fashion and design, it took time to get things from paper to fabric. And until she had work done, John didn't have any work to do. "Unless he also has the hidden talent of sewing, but I somehow doubt that one"

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:14 am

"Good to know that you skipped snob school and did something useful with your time instead. So, you just need my measurements then? What should I do once you get them? Stay here or go home?" John asked, having literally no idea what help he'd be if he hung around. On the other hand, he didn't know if she'd need him or not.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:43 am

Celi didn't bother holding back the small laugh the bubbled up inside her, he was so lost at what to do, he was clearly out of his element with a job like this. "Only the measurements for now, it'll take me some time to get the patterns out and ready for you" She said, coming down from her short and small laughing fit.

She did think about what else he could do for her while he was here, but nothing came to mind. Aside from holding still while she measured him, his work for the day would be done. "I can't think of anything else you need to do but you're welcome to stick around while I get started if you have don't have anything else planned for the evening, I could use the company" The house did tend to get rather lonely when it was just her, and it was far too quiet whenever Mimi was gone. As an added bonus she and John could get to know each other a little better, and ~hopefully~ not tear each other to shreds.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:59 am

"Yeah, I guess I could stick around then. I have nothing better to do right now and since you're offering, I might as well." John agreed, looking around the kitchen. It was a lot bigger than the one at home, but it was still just a kitchen. His mother would have a field day in a kitchen this size. Perhaps even teach some of her best recipes to him and his brothers...well, the chances of that weren't so great. Unfortunately for her sons, Mama Wilder had decided that she'd teach her most delicious recipes to the girls her sons decided to marry.

Nevertheless, he had work to do...if standing around getting measured could be considered work. Well, maybe she had something in her house that might need fixing. Maybe. "Well, lets get to work."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:55 am