Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
Shiel's Home - Page 6 Bar_left27%Shiel's Home - Page 6 Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
Shiel's Home - Page 6 Bar_left0%Shiel's Home - Page 6 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Shiel's Home - Page 6 Bar_left9%Shiel's Home - Page 6 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Shiel's Home - Page 6 Bar_left0%Shiel's Home - Page 6 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Shiel's Home - Page 6 Bar_left45%Shiel's Home - Page 6 Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

3 posters

Shiel's Home

Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Shiel's Home - Page 6 Empty Re: Shiel's Home

Post  Celi Shiel Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:45 am

"Yea, well, it's not that different from cooking eggs or pancakes" Celi said, fighting back a pout as John ruffled her hair. What was with this guy and messing up her hair?! She had just gotten it to look a little more presentable after the last time he messed with it, and now look what he does! Still, she held her frustration in check, knowing it would do her no good against the teasing man. It somewhat amazed, yet annoyed, her how he could so easily play things off after what had ~nearly~ happened between them. Maybe it was a guy thing? "Who knows..." But it still somewhat irked her how he didn't seem to be phased at all, maybe she was the only one who was bothered? She didn't know, and honestly, Celi didn't want to think about it anymore.

The young designer watched as John skillfully deposited the sandwiches onto a separate plate after shutting off the heat, silently wondering just how skilled he was in the kitchen, before copying him and taking one for herself. Though unlike a certain impatient Wilder, she opted to wait until it was cool enough to eat before biting into the still piping hot melt. Celi had no desire to burn her sensitive tongue, thank you very much.

"Dammit John, don't go burning your mouth off! Just wait for it to cool off!" How this man still had working taste buds was a complete mystery to her. You'd think by now they'd all be singed off, if the way he dug into that hot sandwich was anything to go by.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:45 pm

John was about halfway through his sandwich when Celi scolded him for not letting it cool first. Rolling his eyes, he sarcastically responded, "Yes, Mom. Whatever you say, Mom. Sheesh, don't you ever have any fun?" Without waiting for an answer, he dug into his hot sandwich again and downed a good portion if it. It burned like hell but the taste of fresh cut, hot melted cheese on lightly toasted bread was worth it. Brick cheese was the only way to go in his opinion. That sliced cheese that came individually wrapped tasted too processed and fake to him.

It wasn't a full meal or anything - to him anyway - but it would do. Slicing the final sandwich in half so that she could have some of that too, he started in on that as well. "By the way, what does it matter to you if I burn my mouth or not? Wouldn't it actually benefit you if I couldn't talk for a little while?" The arena fighter asked in genuine curiosity, "Do you just like yelling at me or something... or is there some other reason?" He leaned over her and studied her for a few moments, watching the designer closely. He was only a few inches away from her, but his presence seemed to wrap around her entirely. "Are you gonna tell me you care about my well-being because I'm your 'model' or some shit like that?"
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:53 pm

Celi resisted the urge to lean back as John once again invaded her personal space, she was starting to understand that invading a person's personal bubble was the norm for him, but it still unnerved her to no end. She usually lived by the rule of "You stay out of my face and I'll stay out of yours", which worked well for the most part, but of course, leave it to a Wilder to break the rules along with her nice safe personal bubble.

Instead, the flustered young woman simply opted to turn her head away in frustration, a pout gracing her lips and a bright blush blooming across her cheeks and nose. "No! It's not because of that! I just.....worry, ok? I'm used to having to take care of my sister, so it's weird not looking after someone when they're doing something stupid" She quickly took an angry bite of her own cheesy melt so she wouldn't have to say much more on the matter ~for a while at least~, thankful not a second later that the sandwich was no longer piping hot and didn't burn her.

It's not that she thought John really needed someone to look after him, despite being reckless and more than a little dangerous, he was a grown man after all. But she couldn't help it! Habits were hard to break, and hers was worry about other people! Especially when it was those that she considered close to her and were in her "inner circle", something that admittedly, John was already starting to worm his way into. So there was little surprise that she'd worry about him, even if, to him it was no big deal.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:50 pm

He hadn't really pegged her for being a worrywart. So Celi was actually worried over him? Honestly and genuinely concerned for him... he didn't know how to react to that. Usually, the only people who had ever bothered to care about him at all was his own family. His mother and father were already starting to get silver in their hair, despite being thirty eight and forty respectively. If anyone happened to give him any trouble, he knew his brothers had his back. In retrospect, so did his parents. The only non-fighters in the family were Bobby and Joanna, and they were still learning.

John wasn't looking forward to the day when Joanna would have to defend herself physically, but it was a necessity in their family. And in their neighborhood. Southside Samo District was the poorest district on Rai Island and had the highest crime rate because of it. Thankfully, no one was stupid enough to break into their house with how many of them could destroy any would-be robbers. Still, life was rough. For now, he'd enjoy the Crayola horse drawings Joanna did to cheer him up.

But Celi wasn't related to him him any way, wasn't one of his musical providers. She didn't have to worry about him, aside from him showing up to do his job. So it threw him off a little to find out that she actually cared. Maybe he should lighten up on her and stop teasing her. Nah, not a chance. Besides, he liked to tease her. It was the only thing he could do to keep himself from tackling the girl. "So you're really worried about me." John trailed off as if deep in thought, before grinning, "I think you dig me."
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:33 pm

"Dream on Wilder" The young designer glared at him from over top her sandwich, her violet eyes shimmering with defiance at his teasing accusation. She did not like him! Not like that anyway! As an employee, yes. As a strange friend, yes. Anything more, NO! At least that's what she continuously told herself. That nagging little voice in her head though, the one she was seriously starting to hate, kept taunting her about her earlier reactions to him and about how it made her heart race despite herself.

Celi absolutely hated how he could so easily turn everything she did or said into a way to tease her about her "emotions" for him. She was only worried about him! Didn't friends worry about friends?! Why did he have to play it as something more?! "Maybe cause it is more?" Oh yea, she really hated that voice in her head now. It was what it was, simple and honest worry over a friend, nothing else dammit! "That's what you keep telling yourself, but you know you're crushing on him. Admit it, you think he's one hot hunk of danger" She swore, if she could she'd strangle herself, she would. And not only because that annoying voice in her head was delusional, but because she was actually arguing with it too! "Oh yea, he is so going to drive me mental someday"

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:57 pm

After her remark to dream on, which gave him a good chuckle, Celi seemed to be deep in thought. A few minutes passed where she was simply glaring at him over her sandwich. "Well, you seem awful pissed." John noted in amusement and watched her. The pinkette looked as if she were thinking about something really important, something that demanded all her attention. Actually, she looked pretty cute like that... not that he'd admit that out loud... tonight. That would just be opening up the same can of worms he had earlier and he didn't know if he could deal with it again in the same night. "Celi? Hey, Celi!" John called to her, waving a hand in front of her. No response. Shrugging, he decided that though he'd probably catch hell for it, he went ahead and poked her in the boob.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:25 am

Celi didn't hear John when he called out to her, or notice when he waved a hand in front of her face to try and get her attention. She did, however, notice it when he poked a very private ~not to mention sensitive ~ part of her anatomy. Her response was near instantaneous. She gasped ~the touch sending electric waves up her spine~, her arms quickly flew to cover her chest as she jerked back from the unexpected touch, the sudden action causing her to tip over her tall chair and fall to the floor with a loud "Oof!"

Quickly scrambling off her back, she peeked her ruffled magenta head over the edge of the kitchen island, and stared at John with wide surprised eyes, her blush reaching the roots of her hair and most likely clashing horribly with the color. "The hell you doing!?" She all but screamed at him, but could you really blame her?! The man touched her breast! Or rather, he poked her, but that was besides the point! Was he nuts?! Did the cheese melt make him high or what?! Celi didn't know or care, she just wanted to know what the hell he thought he was doing!

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:28 am

His eyes widened in shock as she flipped her chair backwards and toppled over, onto the floor. Had he even been remotely expecting that, he'd have caught her - or at least tried. "You okay?" John asked, still fairly disturbed at how easily she'd reeled back and hit the floor. But it seemed as though she was not only okay, coherent thought had once again returned to the pinkette. She'd peeped at him wide eyed and red as a ripe tomato from behind the kitchen island with a shout of, "The hell you doing?!"

Well, he couldn't really blame Celi for being upset. He did poke her in a private, personal place, and a tit poke was usually enough to send most women into a frenzy of 'Oh my God, I can't believe you did that!' or some other such freak out. At least the action had snapped her out of whatever had captured her attention like that and brought her back to the land of the living. "You looked like a zombie and I couldn't think of anything else to do." John offered in explanation but didn't elaborate.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:09 am

"What?! You couldn't just shake my shoulder or even slap me to get my attention?!" Celi yelled at him in near hysterics, practically hiding from John behind the island with her arms tightly wrapped around her chest, obviously keeping her distance from him in the outrageous fear of getting poked again. How the hell did they go from peacefully(?) eating melted cheese sandwiches together, to him getting all touchy with her body?! Not like this would be the first time~ but she was completely aware of herself this time! So what the hell was he thinking? No wait, scratch that, John clearly wasn't thinking at all! What sane person pokes a woman in the breast to get their attention?! It's wrong on so many levels and just shouldn't be done!

All these thoughts were flying through poor Celi's head a mile and minute, making her almost dizzy where she stood from that and her frazzled nervous system. That damn voice in her head wasn't helping either, actually it was cheering for the intimate contact and even was rooting for more.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:59 am

Slap her?! Was she serious?! "You don't want me to hit you, Celi. I hit hard. One slap from me and you'd have a nosebleed." John explained flatly, "I don't hit women unless they hit me first, but I doubt I'd ever want to hurt you." He'd seen far too many women on the wrong end of domestic abusive, whether it was in the Samo District or otherwise. Then again, he'd also seen first hand how abusive and violent some women could be towards men, so he could see victims on both sides. His terms were simple: if someone was foolish enough to attack him like a man, then they could get throttled by him like a man.

But the thought of striking Celi... somehow that thought turned his stomach and he simply couldn't imagine himself doing it. Speaking of his new boss, she was still currently in the middle of what appeared to be a fit of hysteria. He watched her flip out for a few moments before he finally decided to do something about it and took. Stepping forward, his strong arms coming forward to wrap around her and pull her into a tight, inescapable hug. He held her there and wouldn't budge. "Celi, calm your ass down."
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:14 am

Celi would have blushed at John's sweet comment about never hitting her, something that would have undoubtedly left her flustered and embarrassed, but she was far too gone in her own thoughts to have heard him. It wasn't until he stood up from his seat and took a step toward her, that her attention fully snapped to him, causing her to freeze like a deer caught in a headlight as he unexpected came forward and hugged her.

She wanted to scream, she wanted to claw at him, to fight back when he suddenly had his arms around her in a tight, inescapable hug. Why she wanted to do all this, she wasn't quite sure, all Celi knew was that she wanted to get away from him, and her crazy feelings and thoughts. Maybe it was because she actually maybe sorta was starting to kind of like him? Or maybe it was because aside from John, she'd never really had any sort of male contact like this before, and probably wouldn't have since she was so indifferent to the opposite sex most of the time.

But none of that mattered right now, because no matter how much she wanted to yell at him and kick up a storm at him for touching her, she couldn't. His strong and unyielding arms had her frozen in place, her voice all but lost to her as he commanded her to calm down.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:17 pm

Though having a woman freeze in terror in his presence was somewhat normal, John always found it a little unsettling. In this case, it worked out to his advantage in a way. He was able to snag Celi up into a hug without her even trying to run from him. Or slap, bite scratch or anything else frightened girls tended to do. Unfortunately, the fighter in him saw it as a huge glaring weakness. What would happen if some thug was coming at her instead? Would she freeze up again? There was a security system in the house of course, but the cops could only get here so fast...

Internally shoving those thoughts rudely off their own little mental cliff, he focused on the designer trapped in his arms. She seemed to be somewhat all right now. Though he wasn't quite sure exactly what had set her off, he figured all the stress of tonight's events had finally taken their toll on the young lady. Once he'd calm her down and make sure she was okay, John decided he should probably head home. Preferably before he ended up driving her crazy. "Celi?" He tried carefully, his voice as soothing as he could manage, "Are you all right?"
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:44 pm

As John held her firmly but gently, in his arms, Celi did her best to settle her racing heart and thoughts. There was no reason for her to be so freaked out, it was only John, it was no big deal, there was no reason for her to be so nervous around him just because he had poked her in a rather inappropriate spot. It was probably just her tired nerves getting the better of her anyway. What with school, work, the ever wonderful insomnia, and of course going to get Mr. Wilder here and get him to model for her. When adding together all that, it was no wonder her system was going haywire on her.

With one deep shuddering breathe, Celi felt all her muscles relax, practically melting into the John's grasp. Her head fell against his shoulder, her arms ~which had been tightly wrapped around her chest~ loosened and eventually fell to her lap. She let herself simply feel, not think, and let go of earlier anxieties.

John very presence ~which had only second ago had her wanting to run for the hills~ was now doing an amazing job of relaxing her back into a state of calmness. His strong arm wrapped around her back, the calloused hand atop her head mindlessly playing with her hair, his warmth and steady heartbeat. Even the unique aroma that was purely him ~tobacco, sweat, and some addictive smelling spice~ set her mind at ease and helped her to relax into his grasp. "Yea....I think I'm ok now" She mumbled into his shirt, greedily soaking in his warmth and comfort.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:48 am

When had he started playing with her hair? He didn't know, but it seemed to help her calm down. As Celi's body slowly relaxed against him, he loosened his grip on her slightly, satisfied that she wouldn't freak out or run off. However, John had to admit she did feel nice in his arms like this. But he couldn't keep thinking along that train of thought unless he felt like reopening tonight's can of worms again. No, the best thing he could do for both of them right now would be to make sure she was all right and then go home. He didn't want to, but they both needed a break and some rest.

"Well, good." John said bluntly, then added, "You oughta get your ass to bed and get some rest. It's well past midnight and I gotta head home myself. Will you be okay headin' back to your room alone or do you want me to stay a bit longer?"
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:29 am

"Would you tease me if I said I wanted you to stay a bit longer?" Celi asked with a bit of light humor, trying to lighten the mood after her freak out. She knew John could always find a reason to mess with her, this being a prime target if he felt like it, but right now, she couldn't bring herself to care. It was mostly the truth anyway, as much as she knew that John should get home to rest after having been in a fight tonight, she just didn't want him to leave yet. Despite his rough manner, crude jokes, and irritating teasing, Celi truly enjoyed having the rough Wilder around. Sure he through her for a loop sometimes, and seemed to have a talent for messing with her head and heart, but he was also was one of the few people who was willing to be totally blunt with her, put up with her temper, and keep her on her toes both mentally and physically. So why wouldn't she want him to stick around a little longer?

Especially since she was rather enjoying having him help her relax, the young woman felt so safe in his presence, and despite her usual aversion to the smell of cigarettes, the scent emitting from John was actually rather nice. Almost like a campfire of burning spices but better, since it had that hint of something that was uniquely John.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:00 am

"Nah, I think I've tormented you enough for one night." John chuckled at gave her a slightly crooked grin. What was the harm in staying just a little bit longer anyway? It wasn't as if they were going to have crazy, mind numbing sex or anything. Not yet, anyway, despite their previous questionable actions. He really wouldn't mind if they did or anything, but they had already had one hell of a night already and there was no reason to blow any sense of normalcy out of the water. No, he'd have to behave himself.

What was it about her that made him lose his cool so much? Was it the fact the she'd sought him out despite his reputation all over the arena? Her looks? Her attitude? There was no easy way to tell. Celi was a fire cracker that caught his attention and wouldn't let him go. So he teased her, whether it bugged her or not. She was so much fun to play with that staying with her as long as could. He almost felt like a bully a couple of times tonight, and it had stirred his blood.

But no matter. He needed to make absolutely sure that she was going to be all right. What better way to do that then to personally escort her to her bedroom. "C'mon." John lifted her up easily in his arms and made his way back upstairs, "You're gonna need your rest. I'll tuck you in."

Last edited by John "Rodeo" Wilder on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:10 am

"My, what a merciful and helpful nanny you are" Celi playfully jested, unable to resist getting in one more teasing comment before they had to part for the night. Although in all honesty, she silently wished he could stay longer, especially if he wasn't going to tease her anymore tonight. But she knew that he couldn't ~and would no doubt want to tease her again if he stayed any longer~, so the magenta haired woman decided to simply enjoy it while it lasted. After all, this was the side of John that she really liked. This surprisingly sweet side of him that so gently cared for her even when she knew she was probably being a pain. It was only too bad he didn't act like this more often, Celi would probably would have fallen in love with him first at sight if he did.

The tired designer offered no protest as the combatant easily picked her up off the floor, having gotten somewhat used to his strange habit of carrying her around. This was what? The 2nd, 3rd time he's done it? By now she knew to just roll with this little quirk of his, it's not like it was so bad anyway. She got a free ride in the strong arms of the John "Rodeo" Wilder, not many people can say that without getting their asses handed to them.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:01 am

"This 'merciful nanny' is going to yank your pants down and paddle your ass if you call him that again." John shot back with a slightly forced smile. It may have been an idle threat (tonight anyway), but that didn't mean the intention was lacking. The intimidating man was trying to keep himself under control right now, so the chances of him fulfilling that threat were currently slim. Besides, if he were to yank those pants down, there was little chance he'd be home before four in the morning. He'd want to stay the night with her and neither of them would get any sleep.

But now wasn't the time for that. He'd pushed her far enough tonight and he should at least make up for being a total, unruly bastard. So he effortlessly carried her to her room - which he had found by accident earlier when looking for the bathroom's first aid kit - and went inside. It was a huge room with more space than she probably actually needed. There was a, armoire, a huge closet, a desk, some other girly stuff he didn't particularly care about, and a ridiculously large canopy bed. Celi probably had to jump to get in the damn thing. John shifted her so that he was supporting her with one arm and used his free hand to pull the covers back for her before he gently laid her on the bed. He stared down at her for a few moments as one of his calloused hands hovered near her as if wanting to touch her skin one last time. But he knew where that would lead, so he pulled his hand away and instead said, "Call me and let me know when you need me. You know, for modeling... or whatever."
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:57 am

Celi simply laughed at John's threat, she knew ~this time~ that there was no real bite to it, but she was too tired to playfully banter with him anymore, and he'd probably never get home if they started up again. So she just quietly relaxed into his arms, enjoying her own free ride to bed. It was actually quite soothing being held by him like this, hearing his strong and steady heartbeat next to her ear, his comforting natural warmth, she was sure she'd end up falling asleep here in his arms if they didn't make it to her bedroom soon.

Unfortunately they did make it to her room, something that mildly surprised her since she hadn't given him any direction at all. Maybe he had remembered how to get there from when he was searching the house for her first-aid kit when she had hurt her hand? But that was hours ago and she had never told him that this was her room, she was sure he hadn't even really looked at it either. "Maybe it's just a luckily guess?" That's the only thing she could think of, but Celi supposed that hardly mattered now.

The young woman smiled gratefully up at the Wilder as he gently set her down on her bed, she was a little sad that he had to leave now, but it was touching that he had been so sweet to her before he had to go. Celi would have to see about repaying him next time he came over, if anything, it might get him to be just a tad sweeter to her from now on and not so teasing. "I will, you be careful going home ok? It's dark out, so you shouldn't go pulling off any donuts in some parking lot. I'll be mad if I hear you ended up driving into a ditch"

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:20 pm

He raised a brow at the reclining pinkette and her well wishing. "Wouldn't be my first time in a ditch, but I'll be fine. I've driven home with black eyes, a bloody nose, and a mild concussion before," John told her, mentally adding, 'while drunk', "so driving at night is nothing really. So quit worryin'." It was a bit gruff, the way the fighter said it, but the sentiment wasn't hidden. He didn't want her to worry over him. John Wilder was definitely a man who could take care of himself, whether in a fight or not, and if Celi thought about all of his hell raising, she'd be worrying herself into an early grave. Couldn't have that, now. He gave her a confident grin and hooked his thumbs into his belt loops so his hands wouldn't be tempted to wander of their own accord.

Maybe having a modeling job as a way to earn a little extra cash wouldn't really be so bad after all - all things considered. For one, it would probably pay well and he'd be able to keep the clothes she made for him. The most important reason was currently lying in the bed before him, but he'd have to deal with her later. And maybe things might start looking up. Who knew? But one thing was for certain: he didn't particularly like the idea of two young girls living by themselves while their parents were off gallavanting around without a care for them. It left a sour feeling in his stomach. But he had no business sticking his nose where it didn't belong, so the best he could do was watch over them. Turning away from Celi, lest he be tempted to stay, John headed towards her door to see himself out. But when he reached the open doorway, he stopped and turned back to her. "Sweet dreams." He said with a wink, then tipped his hat to her and headed out her door.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:21 pm

"I swear, it's a wonder you made it home in one piece" Of course Celi was hardly berating him, since it probably was the norm for the reckless arena fighter. She did playfully shake her head at him in the typical "tsk tsk" fashion though, pretending to be frustrated with his seemingly idiotic actions. She didn't want to know how he had gotten those black eyes, bloody nose, and mild concussion ~most likely in some fight~, but it was apparent that he was trying to make light of the situation to ease any worries she had.

"Night Rodeo" The exhausted college student mumbled as John made his exit, she easily made herself comfortable in her over-sized bed. Settling back into the fluffy pillows, pulling up the cotton sheets. She wasn't going to bother changing now that she was all comfy, after all, the lounge pants and hoodie she had on were perfectly fine. So Celi relaxed into her bed, letting her fatigue take over as she waved good-bye to her favorite Wilder.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:27 am