Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
Shiel's Home - Page 3 Bar_left27%Shiel's Home - Page 3 Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
Shiel's Home - Page 3 Bar_left0%Shiel's Home - Page 3 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Shiel's Home - Page 3 Bar_left9%Shiel's Home - Page 3 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Shiel's Home - Page 3 Bar_left0%Shiel's Home - Page 3 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Shiel's Home - Page 3 Bar_left45%Shiel's Home - Page 3 Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

3 posters

Shiel's Home

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Shiel's Home - Page 3 Empty Re: Shiel's Home

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:09 am

When Celi had leaned back and bumped into him, he grinned down at her. The look of surprise and slight alarm on her face was priceless. "What? I was curious." John admitted with a shrug, "That looks like a lot of work. I'd offer to help, but I wouldn't know what the hell I was doing and would probably make things worse. But I patched the hole in your wall up. If you get some paint, I can paint it for you too."

His foot was tapping in time with the song that was currently playing over the radio and his fingers twitched a little. What he wouldn't give to have his guitar with him so he could play along with the song. He doubted Celi would mind having him play either, though he highly doubted she realized he played at all. "What? Didn't think I'd stand this close?"
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:34 am

"Actually.....I totally forgot you were here" She said, still leaning back and tilting her head up to look at him. It wasn't uncommon for Celi to forget things while she was working, in fact it happened all the time, even when that thing happened to be company.

Celi nodded her head in agreement when he said he wouldn't be much help to her making clothes, unless he knew how to properly cut or sew, she wouldn't let him anywhere near her clothes unless it was to wear them. She was surprised when he said he had finished fixing her wall, he was done already? But a quick glance at her wall clock told her it had actually been quite some time since he had started, and from how comfortable he looked leaning against her chair, he had finished quite a while ago. "Wow, time sure flies when you're cutting cloth"

With a curious look over at her now repaired wall, Celi's eyes widened in surprise. "Whoa, it looks exactly the same! I can't even tell there was a hole aside from the mismatched color" She could safely say, that John Wilder was full of surprises. He knew some interesting home remedies, he was surprisingly polite, knew how to do first aid, and now she learns he could fix a wall like new? Just what else was this guy capable of? "Geez, you really are a man of many talents aren't you?"

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:03 am

"You forgot I was here?" The fighter asked incredulously. That had certainly never happened before. In fact, he was used to most people staring at him everywhere he went and being on edge until he left the premises. Years of growing up with people sticking their noses into his business all the time is what had irritated him enough to become a hell raiser in the first place. From his practical jokes in elementary school to beating the living crap out of the toughest bullies on the first day of high school, it was easy to see how he'd gotten so much attention.

And now, he had only been keeping Celi company - because she had wanted him to - and the girl had totally forgotten that he was even there! He laughed at the irony of the entire situation and shook his head. She was so damn weird. As her indigo eyes trailed to his handiwork and widened in surprise, he smiled. "Glad I have your approval." John grinned, "If I had my guitar here with me, I'd be playing along with the radio. Maybe liven this place up a little."
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:17 am

"Uh...yea?" Celi said, smiling rather sheepishly, she was the one who asked him to stay after all. It wasn't as if she meant to forget he was here, it was just that she tended to go into a zone when working and everything else around her kind of turned to static. Add in that neither of them were even talking to each other and it was like she was working alone as usual.

"You play guitar?" She asked, quirking her head to the side in curiosity when he mentioned he played. Seriously? Was there anything this guy couldn't do? Well aside from make clothes, but he was starting to look like real a Jack-of-all-trades to her. The very thought tickled something in her mind, making her start to giggle. "You, you're like a Jack-of-all-trades! A John-of-all-trades!"

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:27 am

John chuckled along with the designer. "That's a pretty good one, but you're wrong." He admitted, "I can't do everything. In fact, I suck at academics, art, designing anything and I can't write for shit. The only thing I can cook decently is meat, but I can make some simple stuff." Shrugging, he let the subject drop, but his hands began to fidget a little bit. A nagging feeling in the back of his mind reminded him that it had been a while since his last cigarette, but he repressed the urge. "And I've been playing guitar for a long time now."
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:39 am

Celi just laughed as he listed off a few of his faults, so even he had things he couldn't do, would wonders never cease. "I'll have to get you to cook for me sometime then, I'd love to try it" Honestly the only time the Shiel's ever got a chance to eat any meat ~aside from eggs or bacon~ was when they ordered it, Celi may have been able to cook a few things but things like steak or burgers were like Greek to her. "Oh! And you can bring your guitar over too if you want, I've only ever seen someone play on TV or on stage, so it'd be cool to watch someone play up close"
    John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:53 am

"Well, I'll cook the meat if you make the sides." John agreed easily. He usually just threw whatever together for side dishes when he didn't get a chance to eat with the family so having some well-prepared sides would be good. And as for Celi never having seen a musician play in front of her...well, that was definitely going to change in the near future. John was one of the best lead players on the island, having started at a young age - like the rest of his siblings. "Sure, I'll bring one of my guitars and an amp. Then I'll play for you so that you can see what it's like."
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:12 am

"It's a deal!" Celi eagerly agreed, happy to know they might actually get some real meat around here for a change, something that didn't come in a take-out box. "I hope you like fruit and steamed veggies, it's pretty much all I can make" Well that a few other easy-to-make meals, but she kind of doubted pancakes would make a good side dish for anything other then bacon or sausage.

"Great, I look forward to it then" She said, happily clapping her hands together, only to instantly stop when a sharp stinging ran through her hand. Damn it, she forgot about her hand! Looking at it, she sighed in relief when it looked like it was still ok, re-opening her wounds was not something she wanted to deal with so soon after injuring it.
    John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:31 am

"You might wanna take it easy, unless you want me to actually sew the wounds shut should they bust open." John warned her, concerned about her decision to clap, "But I'd be glad to play for you. Maybe I could bring my brothers along as well. They play too. Not just country, classic rock too and some oldies, mostly. But Fred and Keith are pretty good with the classical stuff too. Depends on what you wanna hear."
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:52 am

"Yea, don't want that. I'll try and take it easy from now on" She said, wincing as a bit of pain shot through her hand, luckily it was short lived and all pain quickly passed. Celi may admire John for his rather long list of talents, but she wasn't sure she wanted him sewing up her hand. Not for lack of trust or skill ~a guy like him probably had to break out the needle and thread every once and awhile after all~, but she'd prefer not doing something like that without a very generous dose of numbing medicine and pain killers.

On a more pleasing note, she was glad to hear John was willing to play for her. "You're brother's play too? You all must make quite the family band" Really, Celi thought, she shouldn't be surprised anymore with this guy or his family. Seemed like rumors of trouble-makers aside, the Wilders were really a multi-talented bunch. "I'll have to make sure Mimi's here to hear as well, I'm sure she'd enjoy it too. And anything is fine with me, good music is good music after all"

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:33 am

Pleased with the fact that she was looking forward to hearing his brothers play music with him, he smiled. "Well, we'll be happy to play for both of you. In fact, not long from now there's going to be one hell of a party. A lot of us are going to be performing music, dancing and raising all sorts of hell. If you want, you both can come. The more people, the better the party." John said, deciding to sit down in an empty chair, "Oh yeah. There may or may not be rough housing going on depending on some people, but as long as you stick close to my family, you'll be fine."
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:48 am

"Rough housing?" Celi wasn't so sure she liked that idea, she knew could handle herself just fine if she had too, but Mimi was about as tough and threatening as a cotton ball. Plus her overprotective side was weary of anyone who might try to take advantage of her, if there was one sure fact about her sister ~other then her seemingly endless sugar high~, it was that she wasn't very observant or suspicious of anyone. A grade-A target for creeps if there ever was one, unfortunately.

"It sounds like fun, but I'm worried about my sister. If the safest place for her was with your family, I'd probably duck-tape her to them" Of course she wasn't serious, mostly anyway. Not that she didn't trust John's family, but she didn't know them at all. Plus she wouldn't be quite sure just which one to tape Mimi too.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:10 am

"Ah, don't worry. Usually it's just the guys that like to rough house and mess around. There's no real fighting there, just some horseplay. Little kids are gonna be there too, like my youngest brother and my little sister. You don't think any of us would bring our sister to a place where she could get hurt, do you?" John asked, wondering exactly what Celi had been imagining, "You both'll be perfectly safe. It's kinda like a jamboree. Food, music, dancing and some stuff for everybody."
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:47 pm

"No, I doubt you'd do something like that, but it's a relief for me to know that'll it'll be safe there anyway" Honestly Celi had thought it'd be one of those wild house parties, but knowing that John's younger siblings would be there put her worries to sleep. She was sure there was no way he would willingly let anything happen to his family on his watch, no matter how fun a party might be.

And actually, knowing that it'd be more like a big party had Celi a bit excited. She and Mimi had been to a few over the years, mostly hosted by the older sibling's friends or classmates. But recently, they hadn't been to go to any, busy work and school schedules made it hard to relax and unwind sometimes. From what John had said though, it'd be a big event that shouldn't be missed. "Well anyway, we'll be there. When and where will it be?"

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:30 am

"Good to know that you and your sister will be there. It's a great party, you know. Some of our family's musician friends are the ones that put it on and we help with it every year. It's a great time and it usually lasts all day and night. They have it scheduled for the night of Valevay High School's homecoming dance, but it's cool. It's held in a great big building out in the woods. Don't worry, I'll swing by and pick you and your sister up so there won't be any chance of you two getting lost." John offered, writing the date on the top note of a stack of post-its.

It sure as hell wasn't going to be anything dull. Then again, it never had been. Of course there was going to be a multitude of different foods, all lovingly prepared at home. There was also going to be multiple bands playing at the party for the sheer enjoyment of the get-together. Country, rock, oldies, blues and more would be moving the party goers day and night. And lets not forget all the games available to keep kids entertained. Not only were there traditional games, there were arcade games and more set up. With everything to do, one would be hard pressed to get bored.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:02 am

"Wow, guess I'll have to make sure we get plenty of sleep before then, otherwise we'll crash before the night ends" The pinkette said, laughing in amusement, seems like John and his friends really knew how to party. Taking the offered post-it, she mentally checked the date to make sure she didn't have anything else already planned, luckily she didn't. Good thing too, since if this lasted as long as he said it did, she and Mimi would be sleeping all day long the next day.

"And good to know you'll be taking us, unless I can get there with GPS, I'd be lost in no time" While Celi wasn't completely directionally challenged, the number of times she has had to ask for directions was conveniently forgotten at this moment, when it came to places she's never been before she preferred to have a very well written map or a GPS on hand to show her the way.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:59 am

"Well, don't worry about how to get there for now. There isn't exactly a paved road that goes out there, just a dirt road that's hardly ever used." John said, hooking his thumbs in his jeans' pockets. There was kind of a good reason no smooth roads went out there. The building in question was on privately owned property and the owner of the building didn't want just anyone showing up there. Any local musician or artist that knew the owner personally was welcomed at any time, whether or not the owner was present. Any friends of relatives of that musician of artist was also welcome, provided they met the owner as well.

All in all, it was a good deal. There was always a home away from home for those who needed it, without any worries of thieves. The whole deal followed an honor system as well. Anyone the owner knew could come and go as they pleased, use the facilities, bathe, eat, drink, sleep there and so on and so forth. In return, all that was asked in return was help in upkeep and restocking. To keep in clean and, if possible, leave a donation to help pay the bills. "How about I take you to meet the owner sometime before the party?"
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:03 am

Nothing but a dirt road? That place really was way out in the woods, she was immediately glad John offered to give them a lift to the party, her Jeep Wrangler may be built for rough terrain but it'd do her no good if she couldn't make heads or tails of where she was going. Not to mention getting home in the dark would be a total blast, she could just see herself driving straight into a tree or even off a cliff.

Celi was a little confused when John suggested she meet the owner of the building first though, it inadvertently showed as she unconsciously tilted her head to the side in question. She wasn't exactly sure why he would want her to meet the man, maybe because she wasn't from John's usual circle of friends? Who knows. But she saw no reason to disagree with the offer. "Sure I guess, when's a good time for you?"

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:45 am

"I think he'll probably be available sometime next week. Don't worry, I've known him a long time. He and I are like this." He crossed his fingers to indicate how close they were, "We've been friends for a few years now, but I still only know him as 'Bowie'. No one knows if that's even his real first or last name, but it's even on his driver's license. The guy is nuttier than a jar of peanut butter, but he's pretty cool. Thinks he's a glam rock star from the 1980s and dresses like one everyday. He's a great musician and performer, but unless you call him by his name, he won't even realize you're talking to him."

It was the truth. The day Bowie came to Rai Island was the day everything had changed for the weirder. The guy was eternally stuck in the 80s and preferred it that way. At first, people had questioned him about his real name - to which, he only answered 'Bowie' - and why he dressed that way. With his outrageous sense of style in hair and clothing, it often looked like a rainbow or a neon sign had thrown up all over him. Most people had a hard time deciding if he was male or female as well. Celi was probably going to have a fit when she saw him, but meeting him was the way to go. After all, the guy had some amazing connections.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:24 pm

Celi practically shivered in terror, she was pretty sure that was a terrified scream she almost let out. Glam rock was one of the top nightmares of the design world, if not number 1 on the list. The horror of tight print pants, mesh shirts, hair that looked like you stuck a finger in a socket, and the most frightening color combinations ever invented since man first learned to dye clothes. The magenta haired woman couldn't help but wonder if this "Bowie" man was just plain mental or blind, or maybe both.

"Yea, do me a favor? When we meet him, if I look like I'm about to jump the guy in a fashion crazed frenzy, hold me back. Better yet, you might want to have a fucking vice grip on me before we even meet him. The chances of me charging at his glam rock ass are pretty damn high" This was all spoken from previous experience of course, Celi was very passionate about her work, and loved nothing more then to make everyday nobodies shine like celebrities with her clothes. But she was known to get a bit.....out of hand, when it came to some cases.

Of course, it wasn't like she immediately had anything against the man she's never met before. In fact, from what John had said, he sounded like he was actually a pretty ok guy. If not completely fashion challenged, unconscious of the current time, and sounding just a little crazier then that perky-happy-scary barbie lady across the street. Celi would just have a hard time concentrating on anything else, when dealing with his zebra-stripe print behind is all. "Maybe I should get John to chain me to his truck instead...."

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:01 am

The image of Celi jumping Bowie in a fashion crazed frenzy -though amusing- made John cringe visibly. "You might not want to do that." John warned her, "He may look like a sparkle freak sometimes, but he's usually dressed down in leather and denim. And he kinda...you know...runs the only music store on the island. Try to behave yourself." He chuckled a little to lighten the mood, though it was a matter more serious than he was making it out to be.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:16 am

"No promises" She immediately replied, completely deadpanned, Celi knew her personality all too well and there was a 90% chance she'd be charging at the guy like a damn linebacker the moment she saw him. "....But I will try" She said with a sigh, scratching the back of her dark pink head with her uninjured hand. It was the most she could manage, knowing herself. But John had already done so much for her already, so the young designer thought that she could at least try and keep from tackling his friend and apparent musical provider.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:52 pm

"And if you don't behave?" John asked, his voice somewhat amused, "Should I put you over my knee and spank you for acting like a bad little girl?" The thought itself curled his lips into an amused grin as he pictured a very frustrated Celi kicking and screaming and he paddled her behind. Despite himself, he couldn't help but snicker aloud. No doubt he'd catch holy hell if he actually tried to do such a thing to her. It sounded like fun. Perhaps he'd do it sometime just to see how mad she might get at him. Maybe rile the pinkette up on purpose just to find out what would happen. All in good fun, of course. It wasn't as if she could hurt him that much, after all. Unlike his manager, John's reflexes were hair-triggered and well-honed over the course of many years. He could just toss her into water or onto something soft to stop her from causing any real damage.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:57 pm

Celi would've socked him in the face ~if she thought she could get away with it~ for a comment like that. But knowing he that was only teasing ~"Oh God, he better be!"~, helped quell the urge greatly. Though the young designer was sure she still had a nasty retort or two showing in her violet eyes. Fists were easy to hold back, but glares? Not so much. "Well, I guess we'll never know will we? After all ,you're going to do such a good job of holding me back from de-glamming your friend, right?"

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:26 am

"Maybe." He quipped, clearly baiting her, "Maybe not. I might let you jump him so I'd have a good reason to paddle your ass...it's round enough." His grin stretched as he looked down at her in a playful challenge. Celi's temper was easy enough to spark and John was still pumped from his fight at the arena, so naturally he was in the mood to play. The young designer could take a joke...probably...and hopefully wouldn't leave him bored. Hopefully, she'd catch on and throw his bullshit right back at him instead of backing down. "In fact, I think I can hear it calling me. It's saying 'come on, you know you wanna smack me'." He goaded her, leaning over her almost as if he were a bully.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:34 am