Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
The First Photoshoot Bar_left27%The First Photoshoot Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
The First Photoshoot Bar_left0%The First Photoshoot Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
The First Photoshoot Bar_left9%The First Photoshoot Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
The First Photoshoot Bar_left0%The First Photoshoot Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
The First Photoshoot Bar_left45%The First Photoshoot Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

2 posters

The First Photoshoot

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

The First Photoshoot Empty The First Photoshoot

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:27 am

Nova Cari College, the community college of Rai Island had a large and comfortable campus. Though only a little more than half as massive as Valevay, it was still impressive. It shared it's library with the nearby high school and a few of it's buildings, like the gym, planetarium and so forth. Located close to Northside Samo District, it had the easiest access to the Wayward Convenience Store, the Ninatu Animal Hospital, the Amore Mall and a nearby gas station. Not that the college couldn't provide everything it's students required. All of it's resources were top notch and where it sat on the island was a prime location. The sky was a beautifully pristine blue and was dotted with white fluffy clouds that slowly rolled by overhead. Lush green grass grew thickly over the small, yet gentle slopes the buildings sat upon. Birds sang as they flew overhead, a few of them swooping down to hop around in the flowers.

The sound of screeching brakes broke the peaceful tranquility of nature as a beat up, light blue pickup truck peeled into the nearest parking lot, rounding a corner on two wheels. And in the driver seat, grinning like a psycho with a mostly gone cigarette clenched between his teeth, was none other than John Wilder. "Heh heh heh... Woo!" The nineteen year old whooped as he yanked the steering wheel to the right and did a couple donuts before whipping into a parking spot. His older brother Terry was standing not too far away, trying to look admonishing, but failing miserably. The drummer would have loved to be in the truck with him for that.

"You're an asshole." Terry greeted John, as he hopped out of the truck and slammed the door with a total lack of grace, "Anyway, I already let campus security know that you'd be coming here frequently because you're helping one of the clubs. Here's your parking pass... put it in your back window on the right and your truck won't get towed. And try to behave yourself, John." The older brother handed over the sticker decal and John huffed at him, but stuck it to the back window. Once it was affixed to the glass of the rusty old truck, John blew out a ring of smoke and surveyed the college.

It looked... like a college he guessed. College hadn't ever really appealed to him much. Well, he was going to have to get used to coming here, despite not being a student. This was where Celi's design team was sure to primp, fuss and 'pooh-pooh' over him, dressing him up and all that shit. Ugh. At least he was getting paid for all this junk. And he would get to spend some time with Celi while he was at it, so it couldn't be all that bad. As frustrating as she could be, she was pretty and fun to play with. And he'd need a good distraction from all this fashion mumbo jumbo. "Where's the design team located, Terry?"

"Hell if I know. I think it's in that building, but I'm not sure what floor." His brother responded, pointing out the building, "I've got a few classes coming up, so I won't be able to go with you. See you at dinner." And with that, the drummer sauntered off towards one of the other buildings, but still called back to him, "And put that shit out!" Grumbling, John ignored his brother and puffed on his cigarette all the way up until he reached the building in question, having passed a few 'No Smoking' signs on the way. There was another sign on the door and he grudgingly threw the butt to the ground and stomped it out, blowing out the last of the smoke from his lungs before heading inside.

After searching through the first floor and attempting subtlety at peeking inside, John found a staircase and proceeded to search the second floor. Again, he had no luck. Scouring the third floor had him slightly annoyed, because he'd gotten McDonald's on the way from his contractor job and the soda was getting to him. So it was back down to the first floor, where he had last seen the men's room. There had also been one of the third floor had he been paying attention, but now it was too late. By the time he reached it, his slight annoyance was starting to build. Because right after he had unzipped to use the urinal, one of the male students walked into the restroom... and decided to use the urinal right next to his.

Didn't the boy know that public bathroom etiquette clearly states that you should NEVER use the urinal to the immediate left or right of someone who's already at one?! Deciding to hold his temper, John tried to ignore the boy to his right. That is, until he realized that the guy was enviously staring straight at John's... package, obviously wishing he was built like that. The expression on the fighter's face darkened considerably as he turned his icy cold glare at the offender, his teeth clenched together. "H-hello. Are you a new student?" The boy asked, to which John replied, "Just let me pee."

But the student wasn't about to be put off. If he wasn't mistaken, and he was sure he hadn't been, this was the infamous "Rodeo" from the arena. A lot of people were scared of this man and he was said to be rather dangerous, so if he could put on a tough front and maybe get on his good side, he'd get attention from all the girls. "You fight at the arena, don't you? I hear you're pretty tough -" He began, but was interrupted when John snapped, "I'm trying to pee!"

Damn, this guy's annoying! The Wilder thought as he tried to relieve himself without being bothered. John even slightly turned away from the student in an attempt to prove that he didn't want - or need - conversation when nature called. If there was one thing he couldn't stand in public restrooms, it was people who felt the need to talk to him while staring at his junk. But when the offender made another attempt at conversation, John's patience finally snapped. He turned to the guy and pointed his trouser snake right at him with his thumb over the hole, effectively spraying the unsuspecting target with urine. When he finished, he simply tucked it back in, zipped his jeans, washed his hands and calmly left the restroom.

Whistling to himself, John made his way up the flights of stairs to the fourth floor as if nothing had even happened at all. Luckily, he found the room occupied by Celi's designer team within a few moments and he walked in without knocking. There was a guy with spiky white hair, a girl with a short black bob and glasses, an effeminate blond guy who John assumed to be Gala, a girl with long black pigtails who John wasn't totally sure was female, and of course Celi. "Hey." He said simply, stopping and towering over literally everyone in the room.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

The First Photoshoot Empty Re: The First Photoshoot

Post  Celi Shiel Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:32 pm

At John's sudden arrival, all work and chatter immediately stopped within the renovated and somewhat cluttered former classroom. Hands paused in their process of snipping and measuring, while the only sound to be heard was a sewing machine clacking away in the background. Nearly every pair of eyes honed in on the intimating guest, some with frustration, some with fear, others with keen calculation. But all gazes were locked on the foreigner, watching his every move to see what he would do while in their domain.

While her friends were obviously a little shaken by the Wilder's intrusion ~no doubt still wary of him and the possible danger he posed to their friend and team leader~ Celi paid the man no mind when he first walked in the door, too preoccupied with completing her last row of stitches to stop and greet him. It wasn't until she had carefully finished running the fabric through the machine that she stopped, turned it off, and turned around to see her friend/model.

The calm as can be attitude, the hidden look of satisfaction in his eyes, the "innocent" whistling she was sure she had heard just before he came in, that could only mean one thing. "Ok, what did you do?" Celi immediately questioned, crossing her arms and giving him a look that clearly said "I know you did something, so spill!". The young designer may not have known the Wilder for too long, but reading that particular look on his face was child's play for someone who had gotten so used to his strange ~and slightly twisted~ sense of humor. And if it was something that he ~and in turn her and her team~ could get in trouble for, then Celi wanted to do something ~probably thoroughly scream at John~ about it before campus security came busting in.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:51 pm

"Now what makes you automatically think that I've done something wrong?" John questioned the young designer, quirking a brown eyebrow at her, "You really think I'd start trouble before I even got up to this room?" He gave her what he hoped looked like an innocent look, but when he saw her cross her arms and give him a pointed look that said she was savvy to his hijinks, he shrugged. "Don't get your panties in a twist. It's not like a beat someone within an inch or their life or anything...yet."
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:17 am

"Because it's you, that's why" That was all the reason she ~or anyone else~ needed really, it wasn't like John to simply do something and it not end up being so wrong in some way or form. It was completely unheard of! No, he did something. Even in the very short amount of time that he had been here, she was sure he did something, and she wanted ~needed~ to know before someone called security on him and tossed him off campus. "Pfft, yea right. Like anyone could do that!"

"Alright, so if you didn't beat someone within an each of their life ~and seriously, don't do that~, then I'm going to pray that whatever it is, it isn't something that will possible get you or me into trouble" Of course, the chances of that were very slim, but there was always hope right? John, for all his crude behavior, could actually be quite the gentlemen when he put his mind to it. So maybe he was considerate enough to not try anything while he was here on campus for her sake? "Uh, yea, not likely"

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:57 am

Look at that cute face she's making, she's so mad. John thought in obvious amusement as he stared down at her in all his scary, intimidating glory. Leave it to Celi to get all upset with him as soon as she saw him, despite the fact that he'd only come here for her. The way she pursed her lips and huffed at him was just about the cutest thing, but he wasn't about to tell her that. Not in front of a bunch of other people that he didn't even know yet, anyway. Was she really that worried that he was going to do something that could get himself or both of them in trouble? Yeah, probably. The girl was a worrywart, after all. He supposed that he should probably just come clean and tell Celi what happened.

Lowering his voice a little so that it wouldn't carry very far, John leaned towards her with a grin reminiscent of the cat who ate the canary. "All right, I'll tell ya. I had to stop and take a piss and this idiot wouldn't stop talking to me and starin' at my junk in the men's room. So I pissed all over him." A somewhat sinister laugh escaped his lips as he told her of his trip to the toilet with no sense of guilt or remorse whatsoever. "It was great. He was so shocked, he couldn't even react."
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:02 am

"You pissed all over him?" She couldn't help but repeat in disbelief, it sounded so unreal, so unbelievable.....so completely John, that Celi could only stare wide eye at him in shock. Before doubling over in her chair in a fit of laughter. Leave it to John to do something so completely unexpected, that it literally had her in tears! Really, she didn't know if she be scolding him ~not that it would do her much good~ or not, but the absurdity of it just had her so tickled she could do nothing but laugh.

"I-I can not believe you did that! No....wait. It's you! Of course I can!" She gasped out between giggles, her face was red from laughing so hard, her eyes dotted with tears of mirth. Celi couldn't remember the last time she had laughed so hard! She even completely forgot about the fact that her whole team was right in the room with them, probably all staring at her like she'd gone bat shit crazy.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:24 pm

As Celi's musical laughter filled the room, he couldn't help but chuckle along with her. For a moment, he thought she was going to get upset with him, but apparently that wasn't the case. It was pretty funny to piss all over that guy, after all. And with the magenta haired designer laughing like that because of John, it made him smile unconsciously. There was a little tug on his heart strings when he realized that he liked to make her laugh.

But then John remembered what he was there for and looked around all the rest of the people who were gathered in the former classroom. Some were staring at Celi like she had gone insane, while others were staring at him with a mix of fear, mistrust and confusion. Great. It was just like being out in public. "So," The combatant began, scanning all the faces in the room, "where do we start?" Having just gotten out of work, John was still dressed as a contractor. His faded blue jeans, gray t-shirt, work boots and tool belt were all slightly spattered with some dried, beige-like white stuff that seemed like it used to be liquid. His cowboy hat, however, was void of any dirt.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:54 pm

"Ah, well first I guess you should meet my team" Celi said, coming down from her laughing fit. She had really needed that, all this work and school had been seriously getting to her lately, not to mention the occasional annoyance that seemed to enjoy popping up when she least needed it too. The designer was thankful that she had a guy like John around, he seemed to be really good at getting her to relax for a change and just let go.

But all that was for later, they had work to do now, and she needed to get her friends to be less tense around the imitating Wilder. A tough call she knew, but it needed to be done if they were all going to work together. Besides she knew they really had nothing to fear, John was a good man deep down ~way way deep down~ and he ~hopefully~ knew better then to scare her friends intentionally, and they in turn, would be able to actually relax around him while they worked.

"John, this is my design team Fleur. That's Gala, Max, Clair, and Lexi" She said pointing to each one respectively. "Everyone, this is John Wilder, our new model" Of course, she was only pointing out the obvious to her team, they knew who John was. Had tried desperately to stop her from recruiting him in fact, but a little polite introductions never hurt anyone right?
    John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:04 am

John looked at each member of the design team as Celi introduced them to him. So he'd guessed correctly when he'd figured the effeminate blond guy in the 'fabulous' outfit was Gala. The same Gala who had called Celi's cell phone when John had had her against the wall and had been about to tear her clothes off. And then he'd had the audacity to offer to beat the Wilder up. What was the guy going to do, bitch slap him? Give him a manicure? Had it not been for this guy, John would have surely nailed Celi that night and gave her one hell of a ride. He wasn't sure if he should thank him or strangle him.

Max was a guy with spiky white hair that stuck out all over the place. He looked like one of those guys that could be considered smooth, but looks could be deceiving. He wasn't going to do any guesswork on this guy until he actually interacted with him first. The girl with the short black bob haircut and glasses was Clair. She looked like one of those types who were all business, but the wasn't always bad. Wasn't always good, either. The last one, Lexi... well, John had no idea what to think about that one. Was Lexi just a genetically unlucky chick or a crossdressing guy? He wasn't sure. But he figured that most of these people might be more comfortable around John if he brought someone to bridge the gap and was interested in both music and fashion. Idly, he considered bringing Bowie with him next time, provided Celi didn't try to forcibly 'fix' his fashion sense. John gave the members of Celi's team a nod and said, "Yo."
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:06 am

Gala was the first in the group to snap out of their stunned daze, of course after seeing the deadly Rodeo waltz into their little club room you could hardly blame them! And to hear he actually peed all over some poor fellow!? The blonde was left complete speechless! And when Celi ~his best gal pal~, had actually started laughing at the dangerous mans outrageous act, Gala knew that there was something going on between those two. And he was so going to get to the bottom of it!

"Alright Rodeo, just what you think you doing with our girl Celi?" He said with about as much sass as one would expect from a guys pissed off girlfriend, moving his head and cocking his hip to the side in a very feminine action. It may have seemed rude of him not to return the greeting, but you can't expect him to simply say "Hi!" and not sniff out this juicy info between Celi-girl and Cowboy here!

"What, Gala means to say..." Clair butt in, giving her homosexual friend a pointed look out of the corner of her bespectacled eye. "Is that it's nice to meet John" She politely returned his greeting with a small nod of her own, only to have to push up her white framed glasses as they slipped down a bit. "I presume you and Celi are already quite.....familiar with each other?" She asked tentatively, while she knew it really wasn't any of their business to know, the ebony haired woman did have a right to worry about her friend. Especially when she was dealing with someone who was reputably known for being rather.......disruptive to society.

"Nah babe, I think Gala just wants to know if this guy wants to bang C or not" Max helpfully piped in, nonchalantly leaning back against one of the work tables and shoving his hands into his pockets. Leave it to photographer to spout out the most inappropriate thing, at the most inappropriate time. This one promptly earned him a well placed elbow to the ribs from his dear girlfriend.

Lexi, the only one out of the four who had been hiding at the sight of the terrifying Wilder, hesitantly peeked out from behind Clair and tried to give the scary man a welcoming smile. Although his greetings "welcoming effect" was greatly reduced by the fact that one, he was still half-hiding behind his spectacled friend, and two, he was shaking like a trembling chihuahua. But he didn't want their new model to feel unwelcomed! So he timidly spoke up, and tried his best to welcome him to their humble abode while the others well......we're themselves. "H-Hello Mr. Wilder, w-welcome to our work room"
    John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:02 pm

As each member of Celi's team greeted them in their own ways, his icy blue eyes leveled on them. Well, that definitely gave him a little insight on each one's personality. It looked like half her team had manners and that was better than none of them. But they did deserve some credit. At least they had spoken to him and they weren't running from him. But the majority of the team was all wondering the same thing: exactly how familiar was he with their leader and was their relationship an intimate one? Or as Max so delicately put it, did he want to bang her? Well, duh. Of course he did - not that it was any of their business.

"You know, I wasn't expecting to come back to my dressing room after a fight to find someone that wanted to offer me a modeling job of all things." John said bluntly, though there was some amusement in his voice, "She'd even busted my manager in the nuts for being a filthy pig. Gave me a good laugh. So, she took my measurements, started on the clothes and now I'm here for... whatever." The combatant made a gesture with his hand that was dismissing. In other words, Celi had called John and asked him to come to the college. He complied, but had absolutely no idea what he was supposed to be doing there.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:51 am

"BAHAHAHA! Leave it to C to nail a guy in the nuts for making a pass at her!" Max loudly proclaimed, his lean arms wrapped around his waist as he doubled over into a hysterical fit of laughter at his friends antics. Ah man, C always did the craziest things when faced with a dude who wanted some fun out of her, and it was always hilarious as hell for him when he heard/saw it! "Oh god, I think I'm gonna piss myself!"

"Whoo-hooooo~ You GO Celi-girl! Way to show those pigs who's boss!" Gala happily cheered, raising his arms above his head and swaying back and forth in merriment, looking vaguely similar to one of those plastic dashboard Hawaiian hula girls. His earlier nosy questions about Celi and Cowboy all but forgotten for the moment as he celebrated his gal-pals amazing victory in that horribly nasty arena!

"Really Max? Can you been any more crude?" Clair chastised, shushing her boyfriend immediately when he opened his mouth, already knowing right away that he was going to say "yes" to that rhetorical question. "And Gala, can you stop dancing like that. It's weird. Celi could have been in big trouble at that place you know, this is no laughing matter"

"Cool your head Clair, I was fine" The lead designer said with a sigh, trying to placate her friend. She knew Clair was only worried about her, but she could take care of herself just fine, thank you very much! "I got in safely by bribery and got out safely by taking the Rodeo express, so no problem" Celi plainly explained, jerking a thumb over in the Wilder's direction before turning her attention to him so they could get down to business. She had been more or less pleased by the little meet and greet between him and her friends, at least Gala didn't make due on his ridiculous "I'll beat him up" threat. And Lexi seemed to still be standing, although the poor guy seemed glued to Clair's back now, but he'd get over it soon.............she hoped.

"Anywho, John, you're here to try on some of those clothes I managed to finish" There weren't that many done yet unfortunately, too many problems getting all the material together for her team to work on, but there were maybe 2-3 full outfits so far, so she thought they might as well get started on some other stuff while they had the chance. She still needed to make sure each garment fit him perfectly, and right now was a prime time to do it, it'd mean less work for her later on if they found they didn't fit right. "Oh, and we'll also be having a short photo session. Just to get you used to it, y'know?"

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:00 am

He quirked a brow at Celi in surprise. It had been only been just a few days since she had scouted him out at the arena for help, took his measurements and they... got to know each other a little. And she was already done with two or three outfits? John had to admit, he was actually impressed. There was no way he could have done that, but then again, fashion wasn't really his thing. He could sew a small tear in clothing, but it wouldn't look too nice. He could also sew a wound shut with the same results, which was part of the reason all of his tattoos were black.

Thankfully, it was not up to him to sew. No, all he had to do was try on the outfits so that Celi could make sure they fit him correctly and follow her instructions. And do a photo shoot. The fighter winced a little, but nodded anyway. Hopefully, they wouldn't tell him to make stupid faces. He still couldn't believe he was going through with this, but going back on his word and letting the young designer down was something he couldn't bring himself to do. The magenta haired beauty seemed to have her heart set on having him model her clothing and he was going to keep his promise to her, even if he had to force himself. "All right then, let's get started."
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:32 am

"Perfect! Let's get started then!" The eager designer immediately stood from her chair and clapped her hands together in a pleased fashion, happy that they would be getting a little more work done now that their model was here and ready to go. Of course, she would show John what to do first. Just throwing the poor guy into this kind of work, when he has no clue what to do, without any instructions would just be cruel on her part ~not to mention a waste of valuable time~. So it'd be easier to just give him a small demonstration instead.

Her team, noticing that Celi was ready to get down to business, stopped their idle chatter and prepped themselves for what they knew what was going to come. A lot of orders, maybe some fast ones too. They've known the Shiel long enough to know that when she was ready to work, she was ready to work. And they could either be prepared for the incoming workload, or just be swept away by her demands.

And Celi did not disappoint them either, after going over a quick mental check list of everything they would need, she immediately started assigning everyone ~excluding John~ something to do while she went to change for the preview shoot. "Ok, Max, I need you to find the belts I brought in this morning. They should fit John, but just check to make sure. If they don't, mark how much long they need to be. After that, start setting up your camera and the area for the shoot. We're starting simple here, so no need for props or backgrounds. Just head shots and full body shots, ok? Lexi, I need you to find the boots I had Mimi tailor for us, they should be in my locker. Make sure they fit John comfortably, he does have to walk in them after all. Once that's done, you can get your kit together. We probably won't be using too much make-up for this ~just a little powder to cut glare will probably be all we need~ so you can help Max if he needs it. Gala, I brought in a box with me yesterday and left it in the cabinet, get that and bring it out, we'll be using it. After that, see if you can do something about John's hair, like getting all that dust and crap out of it. But don't bother styling it, he'll be wearing a hat most of the time. Clair, I'll need you come on back with me to help me change, and also see if you can get in contact with those places I mentioned earlier, we'll be needing those locations in the future and I want them booked sooner rather then later"

After listing off their murmurous tasks, and watching each of her friends quickly set to work, Celi turned to John. Knowing he wouldn't be doing much, but accommodating her team while they went about doing their thing, until he learned the ropes of modeling. "Alright John, you can just sit back and relax for now. My team will be measuring things for you, so hopefully that will go smoothly, and try not to give Gala a hard time when he cleans that crap out of your hair, ok?"

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:02 am

Well, he had to hand it to her - Celi really knew how to get right down to business and get things done. That was both a relief and a source of uncertainty. The college designer was doling out orders left and right, knowing what she wanted done and how she was going to have it accomplished. And her team members were right on the ball, hopping to it with a practiced ease.

John, however, had no practice when it came to this sort of thing. In fact, he only felt like he was more or less in the way as the team worked to get things rolling. He had absolutely no idea what Celi was going to want from him, but if she wanted him to attempt good behavior, he'd certainly try. Whether or not it turned out well was another story entirely. But with the idea of wearing makeup of any kind, he wasn't feeling particularly thrilled. And Gala had to clean the dust from the sheet rock work John had done from the Wilder's hair. What for? "Celi." He lowered his voice, but still asked. "What gives? Can't I just clean it out myself?"
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:01 am

Celi mentally sighed, her shoulders actually heaving a little exasperation, she just knew that that was going to be John's biggest annoyance ~for now at least~. But she really didn't feel like fighting with him too much on this, they had work to do and they needed to keep the ball rolling here! So either they agree on something or not.

"John, I know you probably don't like the idea, but it'll save us some time so just to let Gala do it ok?" She lightly pleaded with him, hoping that the combatant would just give into her demands since the designer really wanted to get things done sometime today. After all, for all his flamboyant ways and knack for talking someone's ear off, Gala was lightning fast when it came to doing someone's hair. He could get you washed, dried, combed, and styled in the most complicated hairdo in 30 minutes or less. And if all he had to do was simply wash the Wilder's hair, then he'd be done in no time. That is, if John didn't put up a fuss.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:20 am

No one had had to wash his hair for him since he was in early grade school. The Wilder boys learned how to manage on their own at early ages since there was usually younger siblings their parents had to tend to and John wasn't really used to having other people to things for him. Especially dudes. He didn't really like the idea of dudes fondling his hair or body. Nonetheless, he shrugged his shoulders at her and decided to say, "You really think that'll save time? Just thought it'd be faster if I did it, since I get a full shower in two minutes everyday. We do have eleven of us and only one bathroom, ya know."
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:50 am

The designer simply nodded her head in understanding, figuring that if that's what he wanted to do then so be it, so long as they got started. And she really could see where the Wilder was coming from with all this. Celi supposed if she could do a full shower in 2 minutes ~like that'll ever happen~ then simply washing hair would be a breeze, and no matter how fast Gala was, it would seem like forever to her.

"True, I suppose Gala could always just help Max and Lexi after getting the stuff that I needed" Not like that would be much of a heartbreak for the blonde, Celi could tell Gala was both relieved beyond belief he wouldn't have to mess with the Wilder, as well as miffed that his skills as a hair-dresser were seemingly snuffed at. But he'd get over it, he usually did.

"Too bad though, since you seemed so against Gala washing your hair, I was going to volunteer to do it myself. Y'know to make you feel more comfortable with all this? But.......oh well! There's a sink in the corner you can use, and there should be some shampoo and towels over there too. Don't forget to dry your hair real good!" And with that, the designer slipped into another room with Clair to change, leaving the guys ~plus Gala and Lexi~ to get ready.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:16 am

Celi was going to offer to wash his hair if he'd refused to have Gala do it? The idea sounded nice, but wasn't an option now. Had he known that, he'd have pointedly refused. Then again, there was no telling how well she'd do or if she'd be tough on him for giving her a hard time. And he was probably better off doing it himself anyway. The last thing the fighter wanted right now was any sexual tension in front of her teammates. If the infamous "Rodeo" looked like he enjoyed being pampered, there were sure to be rumors going around the Island before sundown. Hell, he was modeling, for crying out loud! Rumors were going to be unavoidable regardless. But any extra information that people didn't know wouldn't hurt them.

Walking over to the sink, John turned on the water. Without testing the temperature, he squeezed some shampoo into his hands, dunked his head under the faucet and scrubbed quickly. It went from cold to lukewarm, then scalding, but he didn't so much as grunt. John turned off the faucet and squeezed out his hair, grabbing a nearby towel and drying his wet hair. The whole thing took about a minute, then he pulled a small black comb from his back pocket and tugged it through his thick, damp hair roughly. When he was satisfied, he shoved it behind him and put his hat back on while his hair was still damp. "Done."
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:04 am

"Don't you think that was a little mean Celi?" Clair asked, pushing up her glasses as she stared at her amused friend. She had just witnessed the interesting exchange between Celi and John only seconds ago, and while it had been quite clear to her that the designer had only been joking with the poor man about that last comment of washing his hair, the business savvy woman didn't question for a second on whether or not her friend would have actually done it. Because Celi obviously would have, even if her proposal had been said in good humor. And while it was all too easy to see that the Wilder would have tremendously enjoyed having the magenta haired woman's undivided attention, he re-framed from saying anything to her about it.........interesting.

"Who me? Mean? Never!" The designer's Cheshire cat grin made it very hard for her friend to believe her, but Celi easily ignored it. "I was only teasing him a bit ~not like he hasn't done the same~, besides its best that he washed his own hair anyway. Gala would have annoyed the hell out of him and I'm twice as slow as Gala at washing hair so we'd be even farther behind in work. So see, all's well that ends well!"

Celi considered good as closed as she began digging around through the clothing rack, looking for the piece she had picked out earlier for the practice shoot. It was something that had she had come across totally by chance that morning and couldn't resist wearing. John was sure to like it anyway, or at the very least, it would mess with him a bit, which was always fun in Celi's book. "Ah ha! Found it! So what do you think?" She held up the garment and it's accessory for Clair to see, a wide and highly amused grin on her face.

Clair raised a brow at the offending article, wondering just how much of a tease her friend really was. That outfit would either have the Wilder jumping her on sight, or so frustrated he'd be uncomfortable for the rest of the day. But then again, that probably was Celi's plan to begin with, she did seem to enjoy pushing the fighter's buttons quite a bit. "I think Mr. Wilder is going to either enjoy this practice shoot immensely, or hunt you down later for teasing him so much" Her only reply was a wicked grin before she watched the Shiel strip and change. "Poor guy, Celi's going to have fun with this"

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:19 am

Having nothing to do, John simply leaned against the wall and crossed his arms, not really interacting with anyone at the moment. Celi's design team all knew what they were doing and he figured that if he stopped any of them, it'd only serve to slow them down. So he didn't bother. When they needed him, they'd let him know. Until then, he was just going to keep to himself and stare at the floor. It was unlikely his good behavior would last otherwise.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:39 am

"There ya are ya little buggers!" Max cried out in triumph as he pulled out a pair of belts from one of the many boxes they had lying around in the room, he'd been searching all over the place for these things! You'd think C could at least have labeled the damn box before sending him on some wild goose chase to find'em. "Ah well, might as well go see if these things fit Cowboy" The guy should be done washing his hair by now right? "Yo Cowboy, see if these fit ya. I need to set up my camera" He tossed the two leather belts over to the Wilder, before heading over to his camera case, taking care to get it out while waiting to hear if those belts fit or not.

Lexi was in a similar situation as Max had been, digging through box after box, looking for the boots that Celi's sister had customed for them yesterday. Unlike his white haired friend though, the small male was practically shaking as he searched, knowing that as soon as he found the boots he'd have to meet the intimidating Wilder face to face......well as "face to face" as he could anyway, the poor guys 5'1" did little to boost his already little confidence levels. "Oh....here they are......" Lexi wasn't sure if he should be happy or not to have found the boots, but he couldn't let Celi down! Besides, if she was friends(?) with Mr. Wilder then he couldn't be that bad right? "U-Uh.....Here Mr. Wilder....uh see if....see if these fit and feel comfortable.......if you please?" The brunette mumbled the last bit, holding up the black boots with silver trim decorated around them.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:01 am

Catching the belts that Max tossed to him, he slipped the end of one of the belts through the loops of his jeans, threading it through before buckling it. It fit him comfortably enough. The other belt...was he supposed to wear it at the same time? He guessed so. Deciding Celi would say something if she didn't want him to wear it like that, John slipped that one around his waist as well, buckling it as well. "They fit fine." He said to Max, then readjusted his hat. Was this really all there was to it? Hurry up and wait? A frown creased his features as he pondered that train of thought. It better not be, wasting time wasn't really his bag.

Unbeknownst to him, John was still frowning quite visibly when Lexi approached him with a pair of black cowboy boots with silver trim. The feminine boy was obviously very nervous around the hot-headed arena fighter to begin with, but the man's sour expression wasn't helping. Add to that, the fact that John was more than a foot taller and had at least eighty pounds more muscle than him and it was no wonder he looked like he wanted to run in terror. "All right." Taking the boots from Lexi, he toed off his own and slipped on the new ones. They fit rather comfortably. It surprised him, considering he had yet to meet Mimi. The girl was good, he had to give her that. "I like these, they fit well." John said, trying not to scare the shorter boy.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:24 am

The small brunette smiled up at the fighter in relief, thankful that he liked the boots even if he wasn't the one who outfitted them. Celi had been so right, Mr. Wilder wasn't that bad at all, maybe he was a little big and scary looking, but he wasn't so bad. And if Celi liked him so much, then Lexi saw no harm in getting to know the Wilder too. "Yep, he's not so bad after all. I bet before long, it'll seem like he's one of the ga-"

"Dammit Lex! Stop twiddling your thumbs and get over here! Gala can't move this light by himself y'know!"

Max's sudden and startling shout caused the tiny male to jump in fright, shouting out a terrified "C-Coming!" Before saying a quick "good-bye" to the Wilder, only to bolt over to his friends side in a mad dash. Try to help the blonde lift the heavy light as Max instructed them to move it this way and that.

As the boys carried out their work ~and the lamp~, Clair poked her head out the door, inspecting the scene that was quite usual for the messy workroom with a somewhat bored gaze. "Is everything set up yet? Celi's changed and ready to go now" After a couple more shouts from her boyfriend that the lamp needed to go here dammit! The bespectacled young woman finally got the "ok" for them to proceed with the shoot. "Ok, Celi, they're ready. C'mon out"
    John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:40 am

When Lexi had scampered off to go help Max, John quirked an eyebrow. The two of them were having a hell of a time with that one lamp. It couldn't be more than thirty to fifty pounds, but the umbrella shaped light seemed rather awkward to move around. As John was moving to go help the two, his cell phone rang. Who in the seven hells would possibly be calling him right now?! Looking down at the screen, the name "Bowie" appeared as the ringer sounded. The fighter hadn't heard from him in a while, but then again, the guy wasn't known to be on the phone a lot. John answered the phone with a, "Yeah."

"And a fine 'hello' and 'how do you do' to you too." The voice on the other end replied, "Classy as usual, I see." By the sound of his voice, he had just woken up. Such was the life of someone who had plenty of money, no strict schedule and made their living as a porn star. John doubted his friend had woken up alone, as it was a normal occurrence for him to have two or three partners (or more) at a time. "Need somethin'?" John asked, getting straight to the point, "I'm at one of my jobs right now."

"How many jobs do you have now? Four? Man, you need to relax and enjoy life. Maybe go take some pretty girl off somewhere and have a little private time with her for a weekend. At least six hours a day. That should fix you right up." Bowie said, sounding as though he was stretching out, "But I'm calling to make sure you and your family come to my party next month. Bring your instruments, a dish to pass and a girl to nail and you'll be all set. By the way... exactly what are you doing for your new job?"

It took a while for John to answer, but when he did, he muttered it quickly. Of course, Bowie made him repeat the muffled and somewhat garbled answer. Apparently 'modeling' hadn't been the answer that his friend expected to hear, judging from the laughter emanating from the phone. After assuring him that he was indeed modeling and not trying to pull some prank, Clair's announcement reached his ears. After a quick goodbye to his friend, he focused his attention on Celi as she came out. His icy blue eyes widened in surprise. Was she wearing what he thought she was wearing?!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:04 am