Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 4 Bar_left27%Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 4 Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 4 Bar_left0%Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 4 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 4 Bar_left9%Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 4 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 4 Bar_left0%Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 4 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 4 Bar_left9%Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 4 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 4 Bar_left45%Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 4 Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

+7
YuiSinclair
Gadiel Halwe
Minami Aura
Carson Clemens
Lorilynn Schwann
Rebecca Clemens
Kevin Kojike
11 posters

Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning

Seraphine Neharika
    Seraphine Neharika

Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 4 Empty Re: Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning

Post  Seraphine Neharika Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Sera looked at Kevin, amazed at his comment. "You're...willing to spend time with me? Even though I was being a jerk to you?" she asked him. Seraphine was honestly shocked. Here was a rather cute boy that didn't take offense to her put on snobbishness. He seemed caring and even nice, even though at first glance he had appeared to be rather mean looking. She sighed a little. "I'd like to spend time with you." She said. "I haven't had many friends...I tried to push everyone away." She narrowed her eyes at hum. "Why didn't you back off when I was rude to you?" She folded her hands in her lap.
    Kevin Kojike
    Kevin Kojike

Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 4 Empty Re: Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning

Post  Kevin Kojike Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Kevin looked at a spot over Sera's shoulder. "I'm used to that. I can be pretty abrasive myself." he said. It felt so odd for him to be here, sitting with a girl who was actually talking to him, even with his brother in the immediate area. Normally girls forgot all about Kevin when they saw Chepe, and of course realized they must be brothers as soon as they noted the similarities between the two boys. Once that happened they immediately started begging for an introduction, which generally made him respond with If you want to meet him so badly just go introduce yourself. Usually with an ugly scowl on his face. Kevin just didn't much trust anyone except himself. Not even the few friends he had had on the island. It was a far cry from Chepe, who trusted all his friends immensely.
    Seraphine Neharika
    Seraphine Neharika

Post  Seraphine Neharika Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Sera was a little shocked at him admitting this to her, but it really went far that he had been honest with her about it. She stood up. "I need to go back to my house." she said. "I am having a LOT of trouble with the crowd today...and it's best if I don't go to class either." Sera stood to go. "If you want to come, Kevin feel free to. I WOULD rather have you over after the high school dismisses for the day so that I have some time to myself. I have a lot of serious thinking to do." She smiled at him. "It was nice meeting you, and now I'll be off." She gave him directions to her house, and her phone number. "You can call if you want!" She said as she left the courtyard heading in the direction of her house.
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:34 pm

A flashback? Of course Lena was well aware of what the flashback consisted of, and she wouldn’t have Chepe torture himself by reliving the traumatic experience by telling her about it. Instead she was content with being there for him to help him through it if he needed her. Taking his hand into her own,giving it a soft comforting squeeze she returned his weak smile with one of her own. “I understand. Take all the time you need. I’m not going anywhere.” She assured him.

A slight breeze blew through the courtyard catching Lena’s curls as it passed by. The rays of the sun carried a welcomed warmth, spilling over her nearly bare shoulder that was exposed by the newly designed shirt Lena had been sporting that morning. Chepe’s later comment prompted a wide smile to appear. “Something for me?” She asked absent- mindedly tucking back a loose piece of hair that escaped her ponytail, “Really…What is it?” She tried to control the excitement in her voice. Lena didn’t receive gifts very often, so the thought that Chepe had put something together for her was rather exciting.
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:20 pm

Chepe smiled, thankful that Lena wasn't pressing him for details. He would tell her all about the accident someday if she wanted to hear it, but he wasn't sure if she was ready to hear about it right now. It was a difficult thing to keep hidden away from the world, were his feelings and memories. He didn't want to relive them...but his mom had always told him the best way to get over a bad memory was to talk about it and although the pain never really left, it supposedly would get easier to bear.

Chepe blushed slightly, a little embarrassed, his hair back in his eyes again. "It's not much, but, well my cousin Gadiel is a gardener and he gave me some bushes to set outside the dorm I'm in." Chepe slowly brought his hand out from behind his back revealing the three roses, snuggled in the soft, white baby's breath, the red rose slightly behind and above the peach and white ones. Their stems had been wrapped in the paper towel that had been tucked inside purple and blue cellophane. He hoped that she would like them. His mother had loved roses and the peach colored ones had been her favorites. He was surprised Lena hadn't noticed he had been keeping one hand behind him. But, if he remembered correctly Lena too had always liked roses. He hoped he wasn't remembering wrong. He gave Lena a smile, not taking his gaze away from her.
    Kevin Kojike
    Kevin Kojike

Post  Kevin Kojike Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:14 pm

Kevin stayed where he was sitting, trying to look inconspicuous as he watched the students. The courtyard was very rapidly filling up. Kevin thought momentarily of Sera and her troubles. Maybe there was a chance her test results had come back on a false positive. He would have to mention it to the girl and maybe she could have the tests redone. Kevin knew that positive test results weren't always correct.
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:18 am

The sight of the roses brought a colorful blush to Lena’s cheeks. Either Chepe was extremely lucky with his choice of flowers, or he had actually remembered –over the last ten years- such a small simple fact as her being partial to roses. Not just any rose though… Lena had loved white roses since she was a little girl. They were beautifully perfect and had an elegantly innocent look to them. Everything Lena wasn’t.

Taking the beautiful arranged flowers, Lena ran her finger delicately over the smooth petals belonging to the white rose. Holding them close to her face she took a deep breath enjoying their sweet floral fragrant. Her radiant blue gaze capturing Chepe’s as she carefully set the roses aside on the fountain’s edge. “Thank you! I love them.” She said taking a small step closer to him. “I have a gift for you as well.” Reaching out she sharply pulled Chepe towards her. Wrapping her arms around his neck she planted her “gift” on his lips. Oblivious to the other student’s passing by them. Although short the kiss was soft and meaningful, leaving the shiny remnants of her light pink lip gloss on his lips.

The morning’s warning bell rang out over the courtyard, notifying the student’s that classes would begin soon. Picking up her flowers and slinging her bag over her shoulder Lena turned towards Chepe a smile on her face. “Should we head to class now?”
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:04 am

"I'm glad you like them." Chepe said, a little half smile on his face. "I thought I remembered you liked roses...I remembered you out in mom's rose garden smelling every single rose that was in bloom. You were always going home with one in your hand, and it was nearly always a white one."

When Lena yanked Chepe toward her, he almost stumbled, quickly catching himself so he didn't topple into her. He hadn't been expecting that so he was off balance. When she put her arms around his neck and kissed him, he kissed her back, putting as much feeling into the returned kiss as she had, and when they separated, he smiled at Lena, saying softly, "That's a better gift that anything I could give you."

He was a little surprised that she had kissed him right out in front of everybody. It didn't bother him but vaguely he wondered how many people had actually seen it. He was totally oblivious to the fact that he was now wearing Lena's lip gloss. Angel sat in the same spot as she had been during the entire exchange.

At the sound of the bell, when Lena asked him about heading to class, Chepe smiled and held his hand out for her to take. "Yes, we probably should get there. It wouldn't do to be late." Chepe shook the hair back out of his eyes as he started to walk with her. "While we're waiting for the teacher you want to sit with me?" he grinned. "I bet the teacher's not ready for us." he laughed, his green eyes smiling.

Angel jumped up and followed them, her chubby puppy body rocking from side to side, her fat legs moving clumsily, all the way to the school since the class was outside.

https://raiisland.forumotion.com/t40-pe-class-miss-goshe

Last edited by Chepe Kojike on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:55 am; edited 4 times in total
    Kevin Kojike
    Kevin Kojike

Post  Kevin Kojike Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:15 am

Kevin stared at Chepe as that red haired girl kissed him. He knew she didn't look like the kind of girl who would care if people saw her kiss someone. WHY did it have to be his stupid brother she had to kiss?? He groaned. Yet another girl joining his brother's fan club. WHY did he have to be Chepe's brother??

He saw Chepe hold his hand out to the girl and saw her take it. They started walking to the school and Kevin sat back to wait for class to end, tapping his bat on the bench beside him glaring after his brother, unnoticed by anyone.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am