Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
Martin Van Bruen Cafeteria  Bar_left27%Martin Van Bruen Cafeteria  Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
Martin Van Bruen Cafeteria  Bar_left0%Martin Van Bruen Cafeteria  Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Martin Van Bruen Cafeteria  Bar_left9%Martin Van Bruen Cafeteria  Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Martin Van Bruen Cafeteria  Bar_left0%Martin Van Bruen Cafeteria  Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Martin Van Bruen Cafeteria  Bar_left9%Martin Van Bruen Cafeteria  Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Martin Van Bruen Cafeteria  Bar_left45%Martin Van Bruen Cafeteria  Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

2 posters

Martin Van Bruen Cafeteria

Guadalupe Moreno
    Guadalupe Moreno

Martin Van Bruen Cafeteria  Empty Martin Van Bruen Cafeteria

Post  Guadalupe Moreno Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:35 am

"This shit looks disgusting." Lupe grumbled, throwing her tray of food out. Today's lunch special was "Mystery Meat". Blech! For all she knew, they could have been serving meat from some animal she'd never even heard of. Maybe she could cut school for a bit to get something from Abuelito's shop. Lupe's thoughts came to a close when her cheap, beat up cellphone vibrated in the pocket of her shorts. She smiled once Becky's text reached her and replied: The food sucks! Still wanna come? Slipping her phone back into her pocket, she sighed. She needed to tell someone about her day today. Why not tell Becky? They were in need of some catching up, anyway.
    Rebecca Clemens
    Rebecca Clemens
    Admin

Martin Van Bruen Cafeteria  Empty Re: Martin Van Bruen Cafeteria

Post  Rebecca Clemens Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:19 am

"I'm already here, " Rebecca told her friend, appearing soon enough behind her. "Boo." She grabbed onto Lupe's shoulders to peer over at a dark substance on her friend's tray. "You're right, total crap. But I'll deal." Rebecca slid into a lightly-graffitied plastic seat beside her friend and stretched back casually. "What's new with you?"
    She leaned forward again, stealing a cheap fork from beside Lupe's tray to poke at the alien substance. "Ooh, do you suppose it might come alive and eat us all?" she mused quietly, ever the horror-fanatic.
    Guadalupe Moreno
    Guadalupe Moreno

Post  Guadalupe Moreno Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:12 pm

Lupe glared at the tray in front of her, as if the food would jump right off her tray and make a run for it. "It betta not come alive. And quit pokin it! I don like the way it moves." She frowned, her accent evident in her speech. Leaning back in her chair, Lupe let out a long sigh. "Nothin new at school. It's the same crap everyday." Not much went on in Martin Van Bruen, unless you consider fighting and prank playing to be something interesting. Turning her head to look at Becky, she added, "But we did get stuff sent from the states. Abuelita didn't like it though. Said it was a slap to the face or insulting, iunno. Never looked at what was in the box." Lupe's family was close; her family outside the island, not so much. There was always something her family was arguing about. Shrugging it off, she asked Becky, "So, what's new with chu?"
    Rebecca Clemens
    Rebecca Clemens
    Admin

Post  Rebecca Clemens Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:23 pm

"Nothing much, only that I have my job for maybe one more week before Arty's closing out and Carson just started public school," Rebecca said, one piece of news more positive in nature than the other. "Any chance your Abuelito needs another pair of hands in his shop?" She highly doubted it, but it was worth it to ask, she figured.
    She fiddled with the fork in front of her face, crossing her eyes absentmindedly at it. The noise level was a lot higher at this lunchroom than Valevay, but Rebecca really didn't mind. The sounds were mostly a dull hum in the background anyway, kind of like at the mall every weekend.
    Guadalupe Moreno
    Guadalupe Moreno

Post  Guadalupe Moreno Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:07 pm

"Aww, little Carson's goin to school? I'm so proud a him!" Lupe grinned. She understood the family's concerns about Carson's health, but she wondered if he'd be okay in public school. Then again, he did have Becky, so he should be fine. After hearing Becky ask about Abuelito's shop, she sighed and shook her head. "Sorry, Becky. To be honest, business has been slow there. Uncle Emi's gotta work an extra shift jus so we're good on food." The tanned skinned girl took another look around the cafeteria, rolling her eyes at everything she thought was stupid. She was glad Becky decided to come here. That made school just a bit more bearable. "So, what's up with Arty's? Why's it closing?"
    Rebecca Clemens
    Rebecca Clemens
    Admin

Post  Rebecca Clemens Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:26 am

Rebecca grimaced as she swiped the mystery meat into her mouth. Mulling it over in her mouth, her lips turned down in consideration and she nodded. "Not fo bad...." Finishing her bite, Rebecca gulped it down. "I really need to get you some Valevay lunch some time. Just come over when you want."
    Readjusting her semi-frizzy ponytail, Rebecca looked down. She didn't feel pity for too many people, but she did feel pretty horrible for asking a job from a family that didn't have much. Her eyes turned upwards bright and normal again, as if nothing serious had passed through her head. "Y'know, like Netflix and stuff took over, and no one goes to rent movies anymore... I'm gonna see I guess if the mall has anymore openings then."
    Guadalupe Moreno
    Guadalupe Moreno

Post  Guadalupe Moreno Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:34 am

"Oh? Dun mind if I do! " Lupe grinned. "Valevay food sounds pretty good at the moment. I shoulda just ditched and met chu there for lunch; if they'd actually let me in." She leaned back in her chair, eyes on Becky who looked as if she was in deep thought. It must have not been that serious, since she started casually talking about her job again. "Oh! If you get a new job, get one someplace cool! Ju know, like uhh... Um.. Shit, whas it called again...?" Lupe trailed off, trying to think of the correct word. "Juego...? No... Becky! That place where you play all them games an you get tickets an win prizes, whas that called? Well, whatever it is, you should work there!" Lupe grinned as she slammed her hand on the table, quite pleased with how she handled her translation situation.
    Rebecca Clemens
    Rebecca Clemens
    Admin

Post  Rebecca Clemens Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:26 pm

"I'm not at all against sneaking you in if I need to, Loopy," Rebecca said, honestly conspiratorial. When the conversation turned back to possible jobs, Rebecca laughed and nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that place definitely has it goin on but....Gah, can you imagine me around so many people and whiny kids? I think it'd be awesome for a bit, then I'd snap." Rebecca was pretty sure she was only good around well-behaved kids, like Carson when he was younger. Spoiled rotten annoying brats she had no patience for, and people kept having them. "I'll probably end up applying, anyway. That or someplace I can pass time doing something when only a few people are there, like the movie store did."
    When Rebecca had worked at Arty's movie rental store, she had been in charge of the television that constantly played in the store. Aside from a few restrictions, she had almost free reign over what the customers watched and therefore herself as well. Something like that, where she wasn't too busy, or too bored-- that suited her the best.

Last edited by Rebecca Clemens on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Guadalupe Moreno
    Guadalupe Moreno

Post  Guadalupe Moreno Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:52 pm

Lupe thought about that game place for a while. Becky did have a point about the bratty kids. It's not like you could have treated them how they needed to be treated, since their bratty parents would get on your case. The brunette did face Becky once more when she spoke about working where not many people go. "Oh, then work at the book store then. It's usually quiet." Lupe shrugged. She was only giving out suggestions, but she wasn't sure if Becky would want to try them all.
    Rebecca Clemens
    Rebecca Clemens
    Admin

Post  Rebecca Clemens Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:16 pm

"Eh, I'll figure it out," Rebecca shrugged, smiling back at Lupe. "I've got a bit of time." She was pretty glad she'd found someone like this she felt she could connect with, and just talk about whatever.

"Are you trying for any sports teams this year?" she asked her comrade. If she was Rebecca thought she might also, especially since Carson was more out and about now. The older Clemens sibling knew she had to get out of caretaker mode and into her own life a bit more, but at the same time she was so used to it that she realized it would be the hardest thing for her to change. Athletics were probably the most significant part of her routine curbed by that niggling feeling of Carson's being home alone--but they were something that she could maybe get back into, more than just casually.
    After all she was a junior in senior-level classes, so it was probably the last year she'd ever have that chance.
    Guadalupe Moreno
    Guadalupe Moreno

Post  Guadalupe Moreno Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:51 pm

"Of course I am! I signed up for futbol." cried out, suddenly more energetic. The actual games against Valevay didn't start till way later, since training was needed, but she was looking forward to it. "I wanted to play baseball too, but I jus dun have time to do em both." Helping out at Abuelito's shop and doing chores at home were very time consuming, even if the house was small. Oh, how she wished school hadn't started yet. Lupe wasn't excited to come back at all. "So, wha sports are ju gonna do?" A determined smile made it's way to her face. "Pick futbol, so I can kick your ass this year!" Lupe laughed. It was nice when playing on the same team as Becky, but it always made things more challenging when Becky was on the opposite team too. She knew it wouldn't just be an easy win, and that made it all the more fun.
    Rebecca Clemens
    Rebecca Clemens
    Admin

Post  Rebecca Clemens Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Rebecca's face drew into a wide grin and the girl pointed a tanned index finger at her rival of a friend. "You're on!" she cried. " Kick my ass? It'll be like you were just learning soccer for the first time!" Rebecca was satisfied--with this, she would be more actively involved in something she loved, especially with and against a friend. It would be really cool-- the first time since freshman year she'd be taking part in an organized sport, and the thought excited her.
    If one looked, they would probably be able to tell that Rebecca's fierce eyes shone at the prospects, jumping ahead of herself a bit. What position would she try for? Which would she get? Midfielder, that's where it was at-- the range of motion she'd have offensively and defensively... She could already feel the ground tearing beneath her cleats, maybe Carson cheering on the sidelines for both his sister and Lupe, the restless crowd in the stands full of parents other than hers.... Maybe...maybe I shouldn't skip so far ahead, Rebecca thought, her visions taking somewhat of a negative turn. Brought back suddenly to the present, Rebecca hadn't lost her sharp grin however.
    Guadalupe Moreno
    Guadalupe Moreno

Post  Guadalupe Moreno Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:22 am

"Hahaha! Awright then! It's settled!" Grinning, Lupe draped her arm over Becky's shoulder. She couldn't wait for soccer season to kick off, but she did have some practicing to do if she wanted to be named victor. "Ju wanna practice soccer sometime? I dunno when but try outs don't start til, like, two weeks from now. At least in this school anyway." Lupe was confident she could snag a spot on the team; but it didn't hurt to practice.
    Rebecca Clemens
    Rebecca Clemens
    Admin

Post  Rebecca Clemens Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:51 am

Despite her friend's prior protests, Rebecca absently poked at the remaining stuff on the tray as she replied. "Totally, but sometime next week--this weekend is kinda full-up what with volleyball and fishing and stuff." Turning to face Lupe, she added: "Are you coming to volleyball this time? I mean, would you wanna?"
    By then though, Rebecca's mind was drifting to distractedness and the spirit in her voice had died down a little bit. She had no clue why, but at this point Rebecca was either getting a little tired or a little bored or both. Nothing besides her friend was keeping her at the not-so-nice school that in all rights probably should have been hers as well. Aside from that, Lupe probably also hadn't done much more than stare at the cafeteria food by the time Rebecca had arrived, and she didn't really blame her. Rebecca hadn't really eaten more than a bite or two of anything either.
    She stood from her chair and looked down at Lupe. "Wanna go somewhere else? Like for lunch?"
    Guadalupe Moreno
    Guadalupe Moreno

Post  Guadalupe Moreno Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:10 pm

"Volleyball... Ehhhhh...." Lupe wasn't very good at volleyball. The only reason she ever played was because it was a great way to spend time with Becky, even if she wasn't the best at it. "Yea, why not? Besides, if I don't go, yer jus gonna drag me to the beach anyway." She mumbled, rolling her eyes playfully. After fixing her ponytail, she looked up at Becky, giving her a slight smile. "I would, but doesn't class start soon? Unless ju wanna ditch. I got no problem with dat." Lupe smirked at the brunette before her.
    Rebecca Clemens
    Rebecca Clemens
    Admin

Post  Rebecca Clemens Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:36 pm

"Yup, I'da dragged you anyway--you know me much too well for your own good." Rebecca winked knowingly at her best friend, grinning all the while. "Y'know I love having you there--it's tooooons more fun then." Her eyes widened when Lupe reminded her of the time. "Dammit! I probably shoudn't miss two days of class in the first week. mainly cuz Mom works there...."
    She frowned deeply, but smied as another thought struck her. "Next week--next week we'll skip and do somethin'. Text me?" Rebecca stood for a bit to give Lupe a chance to say something before she decided to make a mad dash back to campus.
    Guadalupe Moreno
    Guadalupe Moreno

Post  Guadalupe Moreno Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:13 pm

Standing up to stretch, Lupe let out a weird sound before flashing a grin towards her brunette friend. "So we're ditchin next week? Cool with me. Dun worry, I'll text ya." Watching the herd of students leave for their next class, the raven-haired girl decided she should follow pursuit. "Imma catch chu later, girl!" She cried, waving goodbye as she headed out of the cafeteria. Lupe wasn't too fond of getting to class straight away, so she thought she'd linger around for a bit. Hey, it was better than sitting in a chair for forty-five minutes doing absolutely nothing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:33 am