Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
Wilders, Stalkers, & Frying Pans...Oh My! - Page 2 Bar_left27%Wilders, Stalkers, & Frying Pans...Oh My! - Page 2 Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
Wilders, Stalkers, & Frying Pans...Oh My! - Page 2 Bar_left0%Wilders, Stalkers, & Frying Pans...Oh My! - Page 2 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Wilders, Stalkers, & Frying Pans...Oh My! - Page 2 Bar_left9%Wilders, Stalkers, & Frying Pans...Oh My! - Page 2 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Wilders, Stalkers, & Frying Pans...Oh My! - Page 2 Bar_left0%Wilders, Stalkers, & Frying Pans...Oh My! - Page 2 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Wilders, Stalkers, & Frying Pans...Oh My! - Page 2 Bar_left9%Wilders, Stalkers, & Frying Pans...Oh My! - Page 2 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Wilders, Stalkers, & Frying Pans...Oh My! - Page 2 Bar_left45%Wilders, Stalkers, & Frying Pans...Oh My! - Page 2 Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

4 posters

Wilders, Stalkers, & Frying Pans...Oh My!

Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Wilders, Stalkers, & Frying Pans...Oh My! - Page 2 Empty Re: Wilders, Stalkers, & Frying Pans...Oh My!

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:32 am

Lorilynn watched as Cholena stepped out of the room and threatened her stalker. To be honest, she wasn't quite sure if anyone was even out there anymore. But it did leave a small smile on her face when Cholena went back out again. That was nice of her. Lorilynn didn't expect that from her, especially after their whole encounter just moments ago. Lorilynn eyes widened curiously at the sound of Cholena calling her a friend. She hadn't thought she would be making friends that quick. Maybe she was just saying that to drive the stalker away. But then again, Yui had pulled her into friendship today; was Cholena doing the same? She wondered.

Lorilynn watched her as she came back in. She accepted the pan and inspected it, then looked back at a grinning Cholena. Now where did she hear that phrase from? From a television show? A movie, perhaps? Maybe it wasn't best to dwell on it. Her train of thought was broken once she was questioned. "Emma? Oh, I don't think I've actually met Emma." It felt weird not actually getting to meet her roommate, but what could she do? Maybe she'd see her at school or something. "Oh, is Emma your friend?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Wilders, Stalkers, & Frying Pans...Oh My! - Page 2 Empty Re: Wilders, Stalkers, & Frying Pans...Oh My!

Post  Cholena Nelson Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:17 am

“Yeah Emma and I are very good friends. Actually, she is more like family to me.” Lena responded taking a seat on the arm of the small sofa. The couch was facing the wall due to being used to keep her stalker -or anyone else for that matter- from entering the dorm moments ago. Lena had to turn slightly so that she was leaning over the back of the couch in order to see Lorilynn properly. Emma’s roommate was extremely pretty. Her long white hair was rare sight on the island. Lena wondered if it was her normal hair color, or had she gone through a rebellious stage like that of Kyren’s dying it to that extraordinarily beautiful color.

Catching up to the fact that within 3 days of attending Valevay Lorilynn and Emma had yet to meet, sparked Lena’s curiosity. What have these two girl’s been doing that has prolonged them from meeting each other? Or more so where was Emma at this very moment…? Propping herself up on the back of the couch with her elbows Lena raised an eyebrow at Lorilynn’s comment. Her damp red curls danced playfully around her face with the slightest movement she made. “So what’s kept the two of you from meeting?”
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:08 am

Lorilynn slouched a bit, her back leaning on the couch. She folded her arms and turned her head to face Lena. Curls... Lorilynn always wanted curls like that. They reminded her of how curly that little girl's hair was in one of her favorite musicals. She remembered attempting to curl it once, but some hairstyles didn't look right with white hair. "Hmm, I guess this Emma person must be interesting." She said quietly. She must have been! Anyone with a friend like Cholena was probably a wild card. After her second question, Lorilynn frowned. She didn't like the fact that as soon as she got to the island, her mother had a panic attack. Thinking back to that day, she wondered if they did it on purpose. "I had some family issues to tend to, so I only got to put my luggage here before going back home." She sighed. She hadn't really thought of why her roommate wasn't here when she reached the dorms. But then again, Lorilynn was in a blind panic.
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:57 am

“Oh, I hope everything is alright on the home front.” Lena responded resting her head on the couch. She wanted to wait for Emma to return so she could figure out what was going on with her. This behavior was so out of character for her. Lena had expected to come over to find her with her nose in a text book studying for the past 4 hours. Instead she was met with a deadly weapon frying pan.

Tilting her head to the side Lena glanced up at Lorilynn. “Would it be alright if I waited for Emma to come back?” She may be impulsive but she did have manners and wouldn’t overstay her welcome. Showing up unannounced was one thing - staying without permission and making someone she just met feel awkward in her presence would be crossing a line. Although, she want to get to know Emma’s roommate hoping they could all become friends at some point. She seemed spunky. I mean it’s not every day Lena got threaten by a girl a cooking tool!
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:45 am

Lorilynn gave Cholena a reassuring smile before nodding her head. "Yes, everything is fine. They were just being just a tad bit dramatic." she sighed. She and Rose must have gotten the whole drama queen thing from her mother. Lorilynn didn't think she was that bad though; at least, she hoped not. She returned her attention to Cholena, who was currently asking her a question. Her eyes narrowed at her. "And just where would you be heading? I'm not going to kick you out at this time of night, Cholena." It was dangerous out there, surely! Lorilynn couldn't just let her walk out with out some sort of protection. Then again, Lorilynn could always let her borrow her frying pan. She smirked at the thought.
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:23 pm

“It’s not that late,” Lena assured the girl chuckling a little as Lorilynn narrowed her eyes obviously not okay with her heading out where there may have been a crazed stalker moments earlier. “But since you don’t mind I would much rather stay here then take a drive back to most likely…an empty house.” Grabbing one of couch pillows, Lena slipped it behind her to get comfortable. She had expected to chat with Emma tonight, but had stumbled upon someone a bit more interesting, and why pass up an opportunity to get to know a new possible friend? Glancing back at the white haired beauty she smiled. “So, you’re not from around here are you?”

Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Glancing at her fairly light skin tone, Lorilynn tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear before saying, "How'd you know I wasn't from here?" She made her way to the couch, trying to find the most comfortable position to sit in. "Are you lying about stalking me, Cholena?" She asked playfully. Lorilynn gave a small giggle before confirming that she was in fact not native to the island. She let Cholena know that she was born in Boston, Massachusetts and it was her first time on this island. Resting her hands on her lap, Lorilynn slowly rose from her spot on the couch. "So, my home decor skills aren't so great, as the furniture in front of the door are a total eyesore. Care to help me fix up the place?" She asked, taking hold of one of the chairs and putting it in it's proper place in the room. "I assume you're from this island?" Lorilynn inquired, keeping the conversation going.
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:21 am

As Lorilynn took a seat playfully questioning Cholena on her innocence in the stalker fiasco, Lena sat up throwing her arms in the air. “You caught me! I surrender; just don’t attack me with that deadly weapon of yours!” Laughing she scooped up the pillow using it as some sort of shield, not that it would have any effect against a frying pan.

She had been correct in her assumption that Lorilynn was a foreigner to the island. It hadn’t been hard to notice since most of the natives were a shade or two darker thanks to the blazing sun that was almost always overhead - Lena herself sporting a rather pleasant glowing tan. Upon hearing where Lorilynn was from tempted her to question more about it. She was intrigued by ANYwhere aside from the island, seeing as the red head had never ventured further than the shores. Before Lena could however Lorilynn had beaten her to the punch asking for some assistance with moving the barricade furniture back to its proper place.

“Sure,” Lena said getting up from her spot on the couch. Looking at the mess of chairs and the small coffee table, both hands planted firmly on her hands on her hip, Lena mulled over Lorilynn’s game of Jenga. Hmm...where do I even start!? Furniture definitely was not her thing…clothes were. She wasn’t much of an interior designer, but she was always willing to give a helping hand. Carefully detaching a chair Lena carried it over to the dining table while answering Lorilynn’s later question. “Yep! Born and raised here. Anything you need to know about the island, I’m the girl to ask. I know this place like the back of my hand!”
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Placing another piece of furniture in it's rightful place, Lorilynn smiled at Cholena's burst of energy. "Anything, huh? I guess I'll take you up on that offer." Lorilynn definitely did not want to be cooped up in her dorm her whole time on the island; especially not this weekend! Moving around a couple more furniture items, Lorilynn asked Cholena about the best places on the island, and where she should go first. After all, it was her first time in a new place, and she wasn't going to waste not a single day.
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:41 pm

Retrieving another chair from the pile Lena set it down at the opposite end of dining table, leaning on it slightly as she racked her brain over the exciting places on the island. “Well, there is the Amore Mall, and you can do just about anything there.” That wasn’t an exaggeration either. You need something, or just looking for a place to pass the time Amore Mall had it – Unless you were looking for groceries. You’d have to go Market for that. “Oh!” Straighten up Lena made her way back over toward Lorilynn grabbing the end of the coffee table preparing to help move it. “There is also the bath houses! Ever feel the need to relax, stop on by. I work there part time during the weekends!”
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:27 pm

"Bath houses?" Lorilynn perked up. She'd always heard about how nice and calming they always were. She couldn't help but smile at the thought of just going to one. "Oh my, that sounds wonderful! I've heard it's always best to go with friends; no fun if you're alone. Oh, I'd love to visit the bath houses soon." she sighed dreamily. She began explaining to Lena about the lack of bath houses in Massachusetts and wished they had something like that. "I've never really had a chance to explore much at home, but I do know a few nice places." Lorilynn smiled. After she and Cholena moved the coffee table, there wasn't any more furniture left to shift around. The fair-skinned girl plopped down on the same couch from earlier, satisfied with the work they had done.
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:52 am

Setting the coffee table down in its proper spot, Lena stood up both hands on her hips as she took a look around at their work. Okay, so it wasn’t perfect but it wasn’t half bad! Clapping her hands together she turned toward Lorilynn, who was settled in on the couch. “I think all our hard work has earned us a treat! May I?” She asked motioning toward the fridge. Being out all day celebrating Chepe’s birthday Lena hadn’t had a moment to sit down and eat anything, and from the sound of complaints coming from her stomach she was desperate need of some food.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:46 pm

Lorilynn followed Cholena into the kitchen, taking a seat at the table. "So, what're we having?" Lorilynn asked, folding her arms on the table. She was feeling a bit peckish after her mad dash to the dorms. A treat would be appreciated and well deserved. "Oh, I'd love to snack on some ice cream at this time of night. Do we have any, Cholena?" Lorilynn was absolutely fond of sweets and treats. She would have to stop at a bakery sometime to stock up on some much needed desserts.
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:43 pm

At the mention of ice-cream a small chuckle escaped Lena’s lips. She could definitely go for some of that cold treat again, seeing as earlier most of it had ended up on her rather than in her stomach. Leaning against the fridge she poked her head into the freezer searching for something...anything quick and simple that they could munch on.

....nothing???

Pouting Lena shut the freezer door glancing back at Lorilynn, “Someone forget to go grocery shopping?” She asked a little surprised to find their fridge nearly empty. Which given that neither of the girls seemed to have spent much time in the dorm lately it hadn’t surprised her. Luckily there had been some cereal in the cupboard, and Lena didn’t mind breakfast for dinner. Holding up the cereal box and giving it a little shake she asked, “I know it’s no chocolate ice-cream, but you want some?”
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:23 pm

"Ah, don't blame me, this is my first full day here!" Lorilynn cried, bringing her folded arms to her chest. The lack of food in the refrigerator was a bit embarrassing; especially since there was a visitor in the dorms. Though, she seems like she's the one who lives here... And I'm the guest. Her dark blue eyes followed Lena's hands as she picked up the box of Honey Nut Liveyos™. Shaking her head no, Lorilynn smiled. "No, I don't mind." Getting up from her seat, she acquired two bowls and spoons from the cabinet and draws. She placed them on the table before taking her seat at the table again. "I've never had breakfast for dinner."
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:09 am

Lorilynn’s defensive response due to her disapproval towards the empty fridge brought a small chuckle to Lena’s lips. This girl had some spunk! Placing a hand over her mouth gasping Lena feigned shock at Lorilynn’s cereal comment, “You’ve never had cereal for breakfast?! Oh you poor poor child…” Lena joked shaking her head in phony disappointment. She began to fill both bowls that Lorilynn had set out, a smirk hiding in the corner of her lips. “Well, you’ve been missing out! Now get ready to live on the edge, with some crunchy morning goodness for dinner!” After adding the milk Lena slid it across the table towards Lori. Grabbing her own bowl, she settled into a seat digging in. Between bites she kept up conversation asking a few questions about Lorilynn’s life in Massachusetts, as well as adding some details about her own when the moment presented itself – such as her interest in fashion design.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:05 pm

Arching a brow at Lena's "Poor child" comment, Lorilynn let out a soft laugh before taking a spoonful of her cereal. She gladly answered Cholena's questions about her own life, adding just a hint of cockiness when talking about her achievements. She rose her eyebrows, however, at Lena's talk about fashion design. "So, fashion, hmm?" Lorilynn repeated, tracing circles on the table with her fingers. "I'd love to see your designs. Any chance you'd make something elegant for me? I'd pay you." Although she was giggling, Lorilynn was quite serious about paying Lena for her work; If she found it to be fashionable, that is.
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 pm

“That depends…you have to inspire me!” The redhead teased swatting her hands through the air dramatically while holding her head high. Laughing she dropped her head back down, shaking it slightly as she fooled around. There was hardly ever a time that Lena took a situation seriously, she just wanted to have a good time, and if it made other’s smile while she did it was bonus. Taking another bite of her cereal, Lena’s eyes traveled over Lorilynn’s physique. Designing for her would be rather easy, her slender figure and height was similar to her own – however more colors would complement Lori’s silky long white hair instead of clashing as they did with her own fire engine red curls.

Smirking Lena nodded settling her spoon done in her bowl. “I’ll show you my sketch book sometime. It’s back at my house at the moment, but what kind of outfit did you have in mind?” Lena wasn’t going to pass up a chance to make money, especially if she was being paid to do something she loved. She’d just put it toward her fund to get into one of the Valevay dorms.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:11 pm

A haughty smirk tugged at her lips as Lorilynn arched her back, placing her right hand behind her head; her left on her hip. She held that pose for a while before asking, "Is this inspiration enough for you?" After laughing it off, she finished her bowl of cereal and tapped her fingers lightly on the desk in thought. If she could have any outfit in the world right now, what would it be? Lorilynn couldn't just ask Cholena to surprise her; She wouldn't know what her taste was like. Thinking it over in her head for a moment, she finally came up with an idea. "I'd love a blue party dress!" She smiled, clasping her hands together in excitement. She started to explain to Cholena her style of clothing, but wanted something a bit out of her comfort zone. "I want it so that when I attend parties or clubs, I'd be a showstopper!" Lorilynn added dramatically, her eyes practically sparkling with pizzazz.
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:57 pm

As Lorilynn struck a pose the redhead couldn’t help but laugh, “Were you trying to inspire me or seduce me?” Lena asked on the verge of falling off her chair in a fit of laughter. Holding her side Lena sat back in her chair taking in Lori’s description of the type of dress she wanted. It sounded as though they both had the same taste in clothes. Fashionable, classy, and demanded attention as soon as you stepped in the room . . . or as Lorilynn had described it, a showstopper . Lifting her bowl to her glossy lips Lena finished off the milk in her bowl setting it back down with a small cling before adding her two cents. “Blue would look very nice on you, buuut you’d be dazzling in Red!” Lena’s mind was already busy putting together a design that would shape Lorilynn’s body to make her the belle of the ball. It was rather exciting to have a new design to work on.

Pushing her chair back Lena took her bowl to the sink rinsing it –as she would in her own home- before heading over towards that couch plopping down into its soft cushy heaven. Damn…I really need to get into one of these dorms, or I might be crashing on Lori and Emma’s couch a lot! Waiting until Lori joined her in the small living room Lena continued talking with her about random stuff that interested the two of them until sleep claimed them both there on the couch.

Link to --> Courtyard Day 4

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:02 am