Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
one of the Pet stores Bar_left27%one of the Pet stores Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
one of the Pet stores Bar_left0%one of the Pet stores Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
one of the Pet stores Bar_left9%one of the Pet stores Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
one of the Pet stores Bar_left0%one of the Pet stores Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
one of the Pet stores Bar_left45%one of the Pet stores Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

2 posters

one of the Pet stores

Kelsie Halwe
    Kelsie Halwe

one of the Pet stores Empty one of the Pet stores

Post  Kelsie Halwe Sun May 15, 2016 5:09 pm

She was walking by the shops in the mall, with her parents. Looking at them you never would have guessed they were related. Appearances could be deceiving though as her parents both had blonde hair blue eyes, and she had long, straight red hair with deep brown eyes. She was ten years old and close to her parents. They had arrived on the island the week before for a couple week long vacation. Currently they were in the mall searching for the pet store that they had seen their third day on the island. Her parents had, after she had seen a puppy she'd fallen in love with, said that if the store still had it today they would buy it to take home with them.

She was thinking of her friends back home and the plans they had for the day after her family returned from their trip, when her mother broke through the young girl's thoughts. "Anna?" Her mother placed her hand on her shoulder. "Anna, honey? Isn't that the dog you saw?" her mom nodded toward a liver and white spotted dalmatian puppy that was curled up in the window of the shop. Her dad broke in, saying "I'm almost certain that was the one. Anna had such a fit over not taking it home last week I don't think i would forget it even if I tried." He smiled.

She moved closer to the glass and leaned closer. "Yes. That's the one." She put one hand on the window, tapping lightly and watching the small dog's ears twitch at the sound. Catching the girl's movement on the other side of the window the puppy woke up quickly and smooshed it's nose against the glass, licking the smooth surface, trying to lick the human girl. several other puppies were attracted by the commotion and soon there was a large group all trying for her attention. "Mom, dad?" she looked at them. "Can we get her now?"

Her mom nodded. "I don't see why not. A pet is good for a kid, and we did promise you years ago that we would get one when we thought you were old enough." Anna didn't wait for any further aknowledgement before opening the door and making her way straight toward the puppies. She scooped the little dalmatian up and by the time her parents made it over it was licking her face wildly.

"now you need to pick a collar and leash," her dad commented, but she was way ahead of him and was already looking through the collars. Her mother had already picked up two sturdy bowls for the puppy, so Anna was concentrating on the collar and leash. She looked through many colors. red, pink, green..in all sorts of patterns. She completely passed over anything pink. Finally she found one she loved. it was a dark blue leather and she quickly located the matching leash and headed toward the counter. "come on, I'm ready mom!"
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

one of the Pet stores Empty Re: one of the Pet stores

Post  Gadiel Halwe Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:59 pm

Gadiel was in the store searching for a collar for his Pug, Bug. His doberman had just decimated the smaller dog's collar that morning and he was very much in need of a new one. He chose a dark blue nylon collar, and on the way to the counter he grabbed a couple packages of treats. As he approached the front of the store, he came to an abrupt stop. The little girl's bright red hair was exactly the shade of his own. He'd never forget that particular shade..would recognize it anywhere. as he moved up to the counter he racked his brain, to remember the identifying marks he remembered his baby sister had.. a tiny reddish brown hear shaped birthmark on her right hand came to mind almost immediately. Now if he could only get close enough for him to see her hands.

The girl set the puppy on the counter, and as she moved her hand, Gadiel could feel his nerves jumping. what would he do or say if she had his sister's birthmark? How many kids would have the exact same one in the exact same place? He had hardly a time to plan what he'd say when the evidence was there, in plain sight. The tiny birthmark, same shape as when she was a baby, exactly as he remembered it. He stared at her. The world completely stopped and he felt like he was about to pass out. Ten years he worried about his baby sister. Ten years he had blamed himself and beat himself up. Ten years his own mother blamed him. and here she was, looking happy and cared for.

He looked at the couple that was with her..both blonde haired. Were these kidnappers? They looked so normal. How could they be normal everyday people and not look like monsters?
    He stared again. "Kelsie?"
    Kelsie Halwe
    Kelsie Halwe

Post  Kelsie Halwe Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:13 pm

Anna and her parents all turned to look at the red haired stranger. Anna looked into his face her dark brown eyes meeting his. "n..no..I'm anna" she said. She was shocked to see someone that looked so much like she herself did. In her entire life she had never seen someone look so similar to her. the red hair, exactly her color, and the deep brown eyes too threw her off and her voice trailed off. What had he called her? Kelsie? But her name was Anna, not Kelsie. She was intrigued by this new mystery.

Her mother spoke. "Anna, put the collar and leash on your puppy so we can go. She is paid for now so she is all yours." The ten year old did as she was asked, as she continued talking to the red haired stranger. "Do you have a dog?" she asked. She was getting slightly uncomfortable as she was beginning to feel as if she should know this guy.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:31 pm

Gadiel was having a hard time answering her. what would he say, yes I have 2 dogs and you're my sister? all he knew is he couldn't let them leave. "yes, I have dogs." he said, then added, "I'm your brother." He looked up at the shopkeeper fighting back an explosive reaction. "Please call the police. This is my sister and she was kidnapped on the island when she was a baby." The store clerk looked at them in surprise.."You do know I can't let any of you leave until this is cleared up, I hope." reaching for the phone the clerk dialed the number.

Gadiel looked back at her. "Forgive me sister, but I am not losing you again." He pointed at her hand. "You have her birthmark, and you look exactly like her." he focused his gaze on the puppy. "I would know you anywhere, no matter how old you were. You're ten years old aren't you?" he questioned her, although he already knew the answer.
    Kelsie Halwe
    Kelsie Halwe

Post  Kelsie Halwe Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:47 pm

Blinking in surprise, Anna felt scared. This stranger said he was her brother, but she had no siblings. There was still the fact that they looked like siblings, almost the exact same although they were different ages. She looked up at her parents. Could it really be true? Her whole life couldn't have been a lie could it? Her parents couldn't really be capable of kidnapping someone else's child could they? This island wasn't her true intended home was it? Whispering she answered him.."yes..I am ten years old."

She held the small dalmatian puppy tight in her arms. The day she had been waiting for, for so long had turned into a nightmare she didn't know if she would wake from as she listened to the store clerk on the phone with the law enforcement, and seeing the fear on her parents faces. Her parents' faces, the expression they both had, made her wonder if it was true. If they weren't her family who was she really? where did she live? Where was her school? Did she have family that looked like her?

She shook her head. Surely this was all a misunderstanding and she and her parents would be on the way home in a matter of hours. The sound of the telephone being hung up brought the little girl back to reality. "The police are on their way." She didn't know who said it, her mom or dad or one of the others, but she was scared.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:04 pm