Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 2 Bar_left27%Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 2 Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 2 Bar_left0%Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 2 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 2 Bar_left9%Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 2 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 2 Bar_left0%Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 2 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 2 Bar_left9%Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 2 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 2 Bar_left45%Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 2 Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

+7
Aaron Lucus Stepstone
YuiSinclair
Kyren Stills
Chuck Wilder
Gadiel Halwe
Lissa Snow
Emma Stills
11 posters

Homeroom: Mr. Bradley

Emma Stills
    Emma Stills

Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 2 Empty Re: Homeroom: Mr. Bradley

Post  Emma Stills Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:40 am

Emma adjusted her glasses that were nearly knocked from her face during Lena’s overly excited reunion with Kyren and her; admittedly she was shocked to see that Lena was there however seeing her did bring a smile to her lips. Although Lena did tend to bring a lot of unwanted attention their way there was never a dull moment with her around. She loved Lena like family, and to the Still’s family was everything. Leaning forward into her desk Emma gave her full attention to Mr. Bradley.

“Hmm… I tell you plant you tushes, but looks like I didn’t specify where! Up! All you now on your desks! I have a little introduction game for you all.” Mr. Bradley began explaining as he took the ball from Olivia gesturing her toward the closet table top which happened to be his own desk. He was a bit eccentric for a teacher and he liked making a scene. Pacing the front of the class, the ball tucked under his arm he continued his explanation. “In order to get to know each other a little better please share with the class your name, and what plan you have for your futures. You can only speak when you have the ball, and we will pass it around until everyone has had a turn. To make things more interesting you can ask the person you toss the ball to one question. They must answer that after their introductions. Got it?” Done with his explanation Mr. Bradley looked around the room waiting for the students to get up on their desks as he had asked.
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:02 am

Chepe looked around at his classmates, and laughing he climbed up on his desk, putting his books in the seat where he had been sitting. He looked at the teacher keeping his attention on him.

Last edited by Chepe Kojike on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lissa Snow
    Lissa Snow

Post  Lissa Snow Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:09 am

Lissa groaned, getting out of her seat, and getting on her desk, smoothing her skirt down over her legs once she was seated in the new spot. Why did this teacher have to make them sit on their desks? She didn't understand or like it one bit.
    Ah-Gyul Shin
    Ah-Gyul Shin
    Admin

Post  Ah-Gyul Shin Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:11 am

Ah-Gyul grinned and silently complied with the teacher's oddball order. He hung his long legs off the side, left leg dangling loosely and right heel hooked on the back bar of his desk. The tall Korean hung one arm over his suspended knee casually and with his other hand briefly swept the hair from in front of his eyes.
    This game was similar to what he'd played in Washington, but more in-depth, possibly more entertaining... He even knew what he might ask, if he got the ball with the proper timing.He watched the teacher carefully, attempting to figure out where the skirt-wearing man would throw the beach ball first.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:15 am

Gadiel immediately got up on his desk, leaning back on his hands, his long hair puddling on the desk behind him. He watched the teacher wearing the skirt closely, waiting for him to toss the ball.
    Chuck Wilder
    Chuck Wilder
    Admin

Post  Chuck Wilder Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:16 am

Chuck grinned widely, sliding out of his seat and onto the desk. He was actually more comfortable with sitting on the desk rather than in the chair anyway - it wasn't as confining. Maybe this teacher was going to be a good one after all. Though Chuck wasn't a particularly creative guy, he was sure he could probably think of something.
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:44 am

Well this was a sudden turn of events. This hadn't been what Lena was expecting from the one of the prestigious Valevay classes; however this game sounded more exciting than anything she had anticipated. Hoping on top of her desk, swinging her legs back and forth Lena waited patiently for keeping her gaze on the ball.
    Olivia Wilson
    Olivia Wilson

Post  Olivia Wilson Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:45 am

Sitting on top of Mr. Bradley’s large desk made Olivia feel a little out of place. Listening as Mr. Bradley explained the rules of the game. Teacher’s in America must share their the plans with each other cause this game was very similar to Miss Dailey’s back in Washington, with a slight twist added in by the kooky teacher. She enjoyed it then, so she was looking forward to getting the ball again this time seeing as it was twice the size of her old English teacher globe styled ball.
    Emma Stills
    Emma Stills

Post  Emma Stills Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:50 am

Emma looked around the class seeing that every student was already on their desk, or making their way onto it. Looking down at her lap she sighed inwardly regretting wearing a skirt. Slowly pushing her seat back she got to her feet walking around to the front of the desk. Lifting herself up onto the smooth tabletop, she ran her hands over the top of her skirt flattening it before turning her attention to Mr. Bradley, waiting to see who he would toss the ball to first…praying that it wouldn’t be her.

“Alright, that’s more like it!” Mr. Bradley said a wide smile spreading across his face. “Let’s see who our first victim is. Oh yes, boy with the long black hair and guitar! Will you let my daughter Millie curl your hair? Remember I am in control of your grade before answering!” Mr. Bradley joked lobbing the large beach ball in Chepe’s direction.
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:08 am

Chepe grinned, catching the ball as it was thrown. "My name is Chepe Kojike." he said. "I'm not entirely sure what I want to do in the future...but I do know that I'd like to continue with music." he shook his hair back. "And, yes, I would let your daughter curl my hair." he said, laughing. "My own sister does it all the time." Chepe grinned and tossed the ball to Lena. "What's your favorite thing to do on the island?" he asked her.
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:42 am

Catching the ball Lena set it in her lap resting her elbows on the top of it. Flashing her playful smile she continued with the introductions. “My names Cholena Nelson, but my friends call me Lena. In the future I would like to design my own clothing line. Selling it at a price that people from Uran and Samo districts can afford. As for your question Chepe….my favorite thing to do on the Island is relax at the bathhouses, especially when Emma caves into my hours of pleading for company and joins me!” Lena laughed glancing back at her friend smirking. Looking past her, Lena tilted her head slightly noticing a boy she had never seen before. He was definitively not from the Island which perked her curiosity. Lifting the ball over her head she gently tossed it towards Ah-Gyul asking, “Where are you from?”
    Ah-Gyul Shin
    Ah-Gyul Shin
    Admin

Post  Ah-Gyul Shin Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:54 am

Catching the lightly tossed ball from the girl Lena easily, Ah-Gyul sat up straighter. The boy introduced himself clearly even though his voice definitely still had a strongly Asian accent.
    "I am Ah-Gyul Shin, and I will be taking over my father's company when he passes it on to me. I hope to expand its international reach. And I'm from Seoul, South Korea," he added, not missing a beat. Ah-Gyul had turned over several options in his mind, and decided to go with a lighter question. He grinned and tossed the ball straight to Olivia, teasing, "So did you follow me here?"
    Lissa Snow
    Lissa Snow

Post  Lissa Snow Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:18 pm

Lissa shifted uncomfortably on the top of her desk, watching the proceedings. She tucked the long skirt of her dress under herself. Her blue eyes taking in all of the students, wondering when this introduction would be over. She wasn't trying to be mean, thinking that, she just had a new book she really wanted to read. She hoped she could get to it soon. She let her mind drift to her sisters, who both were in the school with her. 14 year old Isi, and 16 year old Kimimela. her little brother who was only 6, was attending kindergarten.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Yui saw the game already start, so she let out a small gasp and ran over to the only empty seat left. She climbed on up on it and then hugged her knees close to her chest and watched as everyone introduced themselves.
    Olivia Wilson
    Olivia Wilson

Post  Olivia Wilson Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Olivia had been honestly a little anxious waiting while the ball bounced from student to student. Impatiently waiting she bounced slightly on the desk, wanting it to hurry and makes its way to the familiar face in the back of class…as it finally did her thoughts were proven. He had indeed been the boy that had caught her attention back in Washington, but what was he doing here? He had taken off so suddenly without any warning or even a proper goodbye that she was left a bit confused. Not that they were close enough that he would feel the need to enlighten her on the subject, but the thought perked her interested.

Leaning over the edge of Mr. Bradley’s desk in order to catch the ball, Olivia was a little bummed that she had to answer his question instead of being able to ask him one of her own. Maybe he’d play the three question game again…this time she’d choose her wording more wisely knowing Ah-Gyul’s trickery when answering questions. Never gave details unless he absolutely had to. Straightening up a smirked tugged at the corner of Olivia’s lips, her blue eyes never leaving Ah-Gyul as she addressed the class. “My name is Olivia Wilson. My future plans are unclear at this particular moment in time, and yes it seems like I coincidentally followed Ah-Gyul here.” Lowering her voice a little a cunning smile spread over her lips. “Probably because he ran off before giving me a chance at beating him in our little racing completion think he was scared he might get beat by a girl.” She teased, scanning the class for another student to pass the ball to. Her eyes settled on a girl nearby with blue hair. Gently tossing the ball to her she asked. “Is that your normal hair color?”
    Lissa Snow
    Lissa Snow

Post  Lissa Snow Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:07 pm

Lissa looked up as the ball came toward her. She caught it, and said, "My name's Lissa Snow. I want to open a dog training center someday, because I love dogs."
    she smiled at Olivia. "Yes...blue is my natural hair color. One of my sisters also has blue, and the other has brown. Lissa looked around the classroom before tossing the ball at the boy with the curly brown hair and blue eyes. "Do you perm your hair, or is it natural?" she said, a laugh evident in her soft voice.
    Chuck Wilder
    Chuck Wilder
    Admin

Post  Chuck Wilder Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:09 pm

Chuck laughed as he caught the ball, holding it on his lap. He dragged a hand through the unruly mop of dark brown curls Lissa was referring to, the dampness from the shower now mostly gone. "I'm Chuck Wilder. Most of you that've grown up on Rai Island have probably already heard the rumors of me or my family." He began, opting not to say whether some or all of them were true or not, "In the future, I want to get a better job than what I have now, and continue to play music until I die."

"Curly hair runs in my family, I can hardly get a brush through it half the time without breaking off some bristles." He gave her a crooked smile, something between pride and sheepishness, then passed the beach ball to Emma. Thoughts of how she got out of giving him the kind of kiss he wanted surfaced in his mind. If he was going to ask her a question, he'd have to word it right this time. Chuck locked his gaze onto her brown doe eyes and smiled at her, before bluntly asking, "When are you going to quit stalling and give me your phone number?"
    Ah-Gyul Shin
    Ah-Gyul Shin
    Admin

Post  Ah-Gyul Shin Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Ah-Gyul grinned widely at Olivia's answer, showing his set of pearly whites. Scared of being beaten? Not on my life. He turned his attention back to the others passing the ball around and announcing their ambitions but none seemed of any particular interest to him. For a school for the intelligent, one might expect higher ambitions than what he was hearing, or maybe it was only that their ambitions didn't run in the same lines as his did. He exhaled slowly, losing some interest in the game.
    Ah-Gyul chuckled softly at Chuck's blunt question to the small, quiet-looking girl. That sounded so much like something he would have heard before--it was very much how his friends might ask a question, so public and direct.
    Kyren Stills
    Kyren Stills

Post  Kyren Stills Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:22 am

Catching Lena's very mature response to his look, Kyren raised an eyebrow, but made no other move other than following the teacher's instructions to sit on the desk. He sat Indian style once more, hands bracing his weight by grabbing onto the back of the desk, and watched as the game progressed. He didn't really pay attention; if Kyren was going to get to know someone, he would rather it be one on one, and not forced. Besides, there was little chance that he would even remember any of the people currently in the room, excluding Emma and Lena. His inattention was broken however, when mutt boy asked a very peculiar question of Emma. Why would she ever give her phone number to that? Pushing his hands up and leaning forward, he narrowed his eyes to see where this was going. If the mutt was harassing Emma, Kyren would have no problem going to the authorities about him.
    Emma Stills
    Emma Stills

Post  Emma Stills Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:44 am

Thankfully Chuck passed the ball. Being uncoordinated and currently in a skirt, even though he was only a few feet away from her, Emma probably wouldn’t have caught it if he had decided to throw it. Fixating her brown eyed gaze on the colorful stripes decorating the beach ball, a shy embarrassed blush spread over her soft round cheeks. Chuck just had to ask her such a bold question, not that she couldn’t handle it…what she couldn’t handle were the intense stares she was receiving from the rest of the class as they waited in anticipation for her answer. Especially the ones from Kyren and Lena.

Tracing her finger’s along the top of the ball her voice soft and gentle as she spoke, Emma began her turn. “Umm…I am Emma Stills. After graduation I plan on going to college to get a degree in teaching, and become an elementary school teacher.” Peeking up from the ball her gaze caught Chuck’s making her feel a little more ease. Straightening up a little more she lifted her head fully looking him in the eye. “As for your question Chuck….Yes, eventually I will stop stalling.” Leaving him one of her calculating smiles, she looked around the class to see who hadn’t gotten a turn yet.

Scanning the room the little girl decked out in sparkles and beaded jewelry stole her attention. Sliding off of her desk she approached her kneeling down into the darling girl's level before giving her the ball. “And what are you going to be when you grow up?” She asked tilting her head slightly to the right flashing a small friendly smile.

Millie held onto the ball peeking over the top of it at Emma, her eyes shining with excitement that she got a turn with the huge beach toy. Not understanding let alone caring about the rules of the game she let out a high-pitched giggle answering Emma’s question. “I’m going to be a pwincess!!!” Smiling Emma patted the little girl’s head leaning in closer to fix the bejewel crown that sat lopsided atop her head. “Sweetheart, you already are a princess!” She whispered to her before asking her to take the ball to anyone she wanted to ask a question to.

Waddling off with the enormous beach ball Millie walked straight up to the Aaron’s desk holding the ball up to him the best her short little arms could. Flashing a wide smile at him she asked, “Can you be my big bwother?”
    Aaron Lucus Stepstone
    Aaron Lucus Stepstone

Post  Aaron Lucus Stepstone Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:02 am

Aaron looked down at the small girl, and smiled. He took the ball, "I'm Aaron Stepstone...." he looked up at the ceiling, "...and, I want to be a writer someday..."

He looked down at the girl, and pattered her head, "and, of course I'll be your big brother, sweetie." he smiled, and threw the ball to white-haired boy. "Do you have any stuffed animals?" he asked, a glint in his eye.
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:08 am

Chepe was still sitting on his desk, watching everyone taking their turn with the ball. He looked over at Lena and grinned at her, his black hair falling in his eyes again. He was wondering if he dared do what he was thinking of doing. He decided to do it and quickly wrote something on a piece of paper and he put it in his pocket for the moment.
    Emma Stills
    Emma Stills

Post  Emma Stills Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:15 am

Emma slowly made her way back to her desk listening as the boy in control of the beach ball made his introduction. Beginning to lift herself onto the table top she was taken by surprise as she caught the question he directed at her brother. Riza -her brother’s secret stuffed bear- immediately popped into her causing her hand to slip off the side of the desk. Landing rather hard on the floor, her butt taking the brunt of the fall a small squeak escaped her lips. Wow, that was graceful… She thought to herself quickly getting to her feet pulling herself -carefully this time- onto the desk....hoping no one was paying her any attention.
    Kyren Stills
    Kyren Stills

Post  Kyren Stills Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:31 am

Kyren managed to catch the ball, but nearly dropped it when he heard Aaron's question. Is he human? he couldn't help but think, his slack jaw showing the same disbelief. He was distracted for the time being by Emma's fall to the floor, and had to fight the urge to get up and run to her, checking for any potential bruises or broken bones. Instead he looked on, worrying silently, but his face showed that he was far from nonchalant. Only when she was seated again did he speak.

"My name is Kyren Stills, and I plan to help my sister lead a good life." He knew that he hadn't really answered the question, but what he had said was the only thing anyone else needed to know. A sigh followed this statement as he turned to face Aaron directly. "To answer your question," he hesitated, "yes, I do." He silently dared anyone to comment on this, and then tossed the ball to a guy with long red hair, which sparked his mind on a question to ask. "Are you, by any chance, related to Chepe?" He figured the long hair thing might be a trend in the family, and he was glad that Chepe had already gone, or else he wouldn't have been able to call him by name.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:42 am

Gadiel caught the beach ball as it came to him. Putting it on his knees, he said, "My name is Gadiel Halwe, and I want to be a Marine Biologist when I leave school. I've always been fascinated by ocean life." He grinned at Kyren. "Yes, Chepe is my cousin," he said, tossing the ball to a cute pink haired girl, he asked, "What is your favorite meal?"

Last edited by Gadiel Halwe on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 12:27 pm