Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 2 Bar_left27%Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 2 Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 2 Bar_left0%Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 2 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 2 Bar_left9%Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 2 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 2 Bar_left0%Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 2 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 2 Bar_left9%Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 2 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 2 Bar_left45%Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 2 Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

+7
YuiSinclair
Gadiel Halwe
Minami Aura
Carson Clemens
Lorilynn Schwann
Rebecca Clemens
Kevin Kojike
11 posters

Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning

Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 2 Empty Re: Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:00 am

Those were a lot of sports to choose from. Lorilynn pondered for a moment about what she might want to play. She didn't want to play basketball, for it always gave her a little reminder how good Leon was. She didn't need to thing about that. Lorilynn was fond of tennis and volleyball. She remembered watching them on TV with her father. She thought they looked so cool, diving for the ball. The games were always so intense that she felt like she was part of the game herself. Making her decision, Lorilynn looked back up at the brunet. "I've always been fond of tennis and volleyball." Deciding that her hair was in the way, she retrieved a purple band to put her hair up into a ponytail.

While doing so, she said, "Well, that's expected. Many people do think dance is girly." After fixing her hair, she returned her attention to Becky. "But hey, if you teach me how to play those sports, I'll teach you a thing or two about hip-hop dance. That is, if you don't already know anything." Being that she was in Miss Bernard's dance class, Lorilynn had to learn many different dances each week. From ballroom, to hip-hop, to ballet; it was a lot of work. A lot of blood sweat and tears went into her work, and even though the pain would be unbearable at times, you had to suck it up and keep the show on the road, unless you wanted Miss Bernard to lash out on you, of course.
    Rebecca Clemens
    Rebecca Clemens
    Admin

Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 2 Empty Re: Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning

Post  Rebecca Clemens Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:20 am

"Sounds like a decent trade-off to me," Rebecca replied flippantly. It did seem like a pretty good trade--she enjoyed trying new things when girlishness was not involved, and hip-hop... She remembered hearing something about dance being good for athletic performance and that type was less harmful on her pride. Her eyes followed Lorilynn's hands as the girl pulled up her long snow-white hair. Unconsciously, Rebecca's fingers reached up to her own unkempt ponytail. Her hand dropped back loosely when she half-noticed it.
    "I'll admit, I don't know much--only what they have you do in aerobics in gym class. But it shouldn't be big deal right? And sure, volleyball especially." Lorilynn had hit on one of Rebecca's favorites, so if things went well she'd have a partner to play against. Sometimes guys and girls might randomly play on the beach, but someone more consistent could be nice to have around.
    Kevin Kojike
    Kevin Kojike

Post  Kevin Kojike Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:36 pm

Kevin unsmilingly said, "I never really did like anything my brother enjoys. I just avoid the things he likes. I think he likes to dance although I don't believe he really knows how. So I avoided it." Kevin pushed his black hair back out of his blue eyes, the movement so much like his brother's. He smiled a little sadly...this time the emotion was for real. He thought of how his parents, relatives and everyone who knew Chepe always loved him and Tesanee better than Kevin. He was so bitter because of it...and he couldn't wait for his revenge. . Kevin supposed Chepe just was so used to it he didn't notice it. Kevin was rather enjoying the conversation between the two girls and he was ok with backing out of the conversation for now and letting them continue if he was getting in the way. If they wanted to keep talking to him they would, but if they were like most they would stop as soon as he did. Chepe though was the one girls fought to talk to, not Kevin. Everyone loved him and wanted to be around him. Kevin however...well, he was the one most likely to be ignored if ever he was stupid enough to be caught with his brother.

Last edited by Kevin Kojike on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:08 pm

"Nope, it shouldn't be a big deal." Lorilynn confirmed. "You're already good at sports, so think it'll be easier for you." A small smile made it's way on her face when Becky said she would definitely teach her to play volleyball. Lorilynn was always very competitive. In dance competitions, she never liked coming in second or third. Second was the first loser, and that wasn't acceptable for her.

"You shouldn't just stop something, even if your sibling's into it. If you like it, you should stick to it." She said to Kevin. She remembered when Rose wanted to do dance. Lorilynn didn't mind it, she just wanted to show her sister she was better than her at it. She was successful when Roselyn complained that it hurt her feet and she didn't want to do it anymore. Dance was something she really enjoyed, and she wouldn't let Roselyn ruin it for her. She felt that Kevin should do the same.
    Kevin Kojike
    Kevin Kojike

Post  Kevin Kojike Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:22 pm

"no...that's not it...I just don't like doing things he likes. I have avoided everything he likes for years. See, I really don't get along with my brother well." Kevin looked away from the people around him. It felt so odd to admit his feelings about Chepe. He would NEVER say he hated his brother to ANYONE, even though he seriously did hate him.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:05 pm

"Oh. I guess I don't have much advice I can give you then." Lorilynn said quietly. Kevin seemed to get fishier and fishier by the moment. She couldn't piece everything together, but the bat, his mannerisms, and talk about his brother - if he wasn't lying - were very suspicious. Lorilynn decided not to think about it too much. It wasn't her place to get into other people's business anyway.
    Kevin Kojike
    Kevin Kojike

Post  Kevin Kojike Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:52 pm

"I'm sorry, I can see I am making you nervous," Kevin said quietly."I am not trying to worry you." he said, thoughtfully. "I never had much of a real family life is all." He looked away from her, digging with the toe of his shoe in the dirt of the courtyard. "I'm really bad with explaining all that to people." Kevin shook his head, his black hair falling about his face. The only real difference between Kevin and Chepe was that Kevin's eyes were blue, unlike the other boy, and Kevin was also shorter.

Last edited by Kevin Kojike on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rebecca Clemens
    Rebecca Clemens
    Admin

Post  Rebecca Clemens Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:39 am

Rebecca sniffed. This guy needed to change his outlook on things, or he'd forever be stuck with the semi-depressed and limited mindset that he seemed to have currently. While it was only her unprofessional opinion, one quick glance at Carson proved he felt the same way. Try as she might, she couldn't see how anyone would or could
    "Dude-- life's too short," she told Kevin shortly, a confidently playful grin playing on her face. She was only 100% serious when she had to be and this wasn't exactly one of those situations. "Seriously, think about it--I'm sure he likes to eat and sleep and empty his bowels, too." Carson looked a bit surprised and flushed at his sister's wording, which she thought was actually rather well cleaned up. "Don't let Crépe or the thought of him or his likes stop you from doing what you want. Mind over matter! Cruddy pep-talk for Mr. Unconfident over."
    Rebecca avoided eye contact with Carson, whom had likely recognized her uncharacteristic words of support for a stranger outside of the hospital. She chalked it down as a gesture to a fellow older sibling, and nothing more.

Even though she was smiling in her easy manner, Rebecca couldn't help but feel slightly disconcerted. Her strong relationship with her brother had her by his side in many early brushes with Death.... Her use of the clichéd "life's too short" had nearly caught in her throat because of it. Even though with medicines of every shape and size seemed to be aiding her brother in living a healthy, more normal life, Rebecca couldn't shake the feeling the Clemenses were treading on thin ice. With that in mind, she could hardly imagine such a damaged relationship as Kevin claimed to have with Chepe, though the Clemens girl knew they existed.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:12 am

Lorilynn nodded her head, agreeing with Becky, until she came up with the ever pleasant example of emptying bowels. Her cheeks were tinted with a small pink blush as she looked at Becky with uncertainty. After Becky's mispronunciation of Chepe's name, Lorilynn snorted and quickly covered her mouth. Giggling, she repeated, "Crépe..." it took her a moment to pull herself together, but she was able to stop. "You certainly..." Lorilynn started, giving Becky a small smile. "Have a way with words."
    Rebecca Clemens
    Rebecca Clemens
    Admin

Post  Rebecca Clemens Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:42 am

She looked long and hard at Lorilynn, attempting to decipher whether it was a compliment she'd just recieved or a thinly veiled insult. Rebecca opened her mouth in the smallest to retort, thought better of it, and started again. "Don't beat around the bush, I know I'm bad with stuff like this. But, uh, better than not trying, right?" She knew, at least after the fact, that... in retrospect certain phraseology was probably better left unmentioned, but she excused herself by also remembering it was a spur-of-the-moment speech.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:12 am

"It's not that you're bad, I've just never heard a pep-talk like that before." Lorilynn giggled. "But then again, I've never heard many speeches and pep-talks." Lorilynn could only remember the speeches from her father's business partners and friends. She had to admit, they were so boring, and the speakers droaned on about how they got where they were today. Lorilynn thought most of it was bull anyway. She knew that they had to step on others to get to the top. Focusing back on Becky, Lorilynn nodded. "Well, your pep-talk was certainly better than the speeches I've heard. It's actually the truth, and very amusing." Becky was so different from anyone she'd ever met. The island was definitely full of interesting people.
    Rebecca Clemens
    Rebecca Clemens
    Admin

Post  Rebecca Clemens Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:43 am

Rebecca pursed her lips thoughtfully as she considered the seemingly and surprisingly sincere response of Lorilynn's. The brunette nearly appeared smug for a moment when she registered Carson's shock at the very same reaction (he must have thought, like Rebecca had, that Lorilynn had missed parts of it or something along similar lines), but her expression became neutral as she realized it was as good as useless unless the full message of it had actually gotten to Kevin.

"On another subject, so you two are essentially new here then?" The Rai Island native asked.
    Kevin Kojike
    Kevin Kojike

Post  Kevin Kojike Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:20 am

Kevin laughed, really laughed, for the first time in years. His face was transformed from the scowl, and the way his face generally looked. "Yes...I'm sure he likes those things as well, but I avoid eating the things he cooks or likes." Kevin really liked the way she had pronounced Chepe's name. Maybe here was a girl who would not be on Chepe's fan list, with any luck. Kevin still intended to beat the snot out of Chepe and even kill him if he could, but he let no trace of those intentions be seen. He did understand what she had meant, but Kevin was so full of bitterness and hate that he didn't know entirely how to handle it.

He wasn't sure if any of them really understood the depth of which his feelings ran, but it didn't bother him. Once the cause of the feelings were gone...he might actually start enjoying himself. Chepe was the ONLY person in the world Kevin truly hated. Sure a few people rubbed him the wrong way, but generally speaking, he was okay with anyone who crossed his path. "It's pretty difficult for me to do anything he likes to do...or eat anything he likes."

At the change in subject,Kevin breathed easier. They were travelling away from dangerous ground. "well, we all grew up here...we moved when I was 10 and my brother was 8. My sister was only a baby." Kevin ran his hand through his black hair. "We came back after our parents died, about two weeks ago." Kevin didn't tell them that he in fact did not miss his parents. In fact, the opposite was true. He was very glad they were dead. He liked seeing Chepe sad. Kevin thought in a perfect world, everything Chepe loved would be taken from him. If it was his dog, or even a girl. He would like to see EVERYTHING chepe held dear be killed or taken from him in some way. Of course, having only been back on the island four days, Chepe wouldn't have had time to meet any girls yet, except for his classmates. Kevin wondered if he would have the heart to kill that puppy of Chepe's.

Last edited by Kevin Kojike on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:48 pm

Lorilynn nodded in response to Becky's question. She was very excited to be here; going to school, meeting new friends -- it made her feel like she could actually be a teenager before time was up. Another dream come true. She had always want to go to school dances, go on trips, meet other people; and now she could do that! She didn't understand what her father and Leon were talking about. Interesting things do happen outside of home, and Lorilynn definitely wanted to be apart of them. Cutting her thoughts short, Lorilynn finally spoke up. "Yes, this is my first time here. I lived in Massachusetts before coming to this island."
    Kevin Kojike
    Kevin Kojike

Post  Kevin Kojike Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:36 pm

Kevin looked at Lorilynn. "Have you been on Rai Island long?" he asked her. He meant if she'd been there a few weeks, or a few months. He figured that it was more like a few days, the same as him. "I always loved the island...but I adjusted well when we moved. I was able to settle wherever we ended up."
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:17 am

"Only a couple of days." Lorilynn replied plainly. She had to admit, she was a bit jealous when Kevin said "where ever we ended up". She thought he was so lucky to get the oppertunity to travel and see different and new things. Kevin made it seem like it was no big deal. She was always at home doing nothing where he was probably in places she'd never heard before. She couldn't help but shoot him a look of envy. "So, you travel a lot, huh?" she asked, her tone just dripping with jealousy. "Where have you been? Was it interesting? Did you have fun? What do the people indigenous to the place like to do for fun?" she asked quizzically. Although she may have been jealous, Lorilynn definitely wanted to here all about different customs and the great experiences. It was always interesting to listen to. Maybe after school today, she'd buy a journal and keep all of the interesting memories in there. Maybe she could share it with her mother when she was back at home.
    Kevin Kojike
    Kevin Kojike

Post  Kevin Kojike Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:58 am

Kevin smiled, a little shocked that this girl was still talking to him. "Well...we didn't really travel much. We mostly just went to a few states before my parents decided to park us in Valley, California. I never really liked it there, but I adjusted." Kevin leaned up against a nearby tree, as he continued talking. "Mom always said she traveled before she married my dad, and she insisted we go to Mexico and Australia. Both were pretty fun....but I was so young I don't remember much of either place. I do remember seeing animals in Australia. I would love to go back to both places someday." Kevin stretched his back, and said, "I would really like to just travel all the time."
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:53 pm

"It's a shame you don't remember much. I would have loved to hear about it." She sighed. Maybe she'd go to one of those places for vacation sometime. Lorilynn would have to have a buddy tag along. It's boring going alone since you couldn't talk to anyone. Well, there was always the random stranger, but Lorilynn couldn't see herself starting a conversation for no particular reason.
    Kevin Kojike
    Kevin Kojike

Post  Kevin Kojike Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:00 pm

Kevin smiled. "You should, if you have never done it before." he said. "I wouldn't mind having you and some friends come along, if I ever go back." That's if I'm not in jail after today. I'll just have to make sure no one sees me. he thought. He really was planning on Chepe being alone when he followed him. "I am quite looking forward to being able to travel again." he said
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:36 pm

He actually wanted her to tag along? Lorilynn found that a bit odd. She only met him today, or rather, fifteen minutes ago. Folding her arms underneath her chest, she gave him a smirk. "Thanks for the offer, but mother always told me not to follow strange men. Lorilynn finally said, glancing at the baseball bat Kevin was holding. Turning from him, her eyes landed on a very silent Carson, who stood behind Becky. "Carson, right? You haven't been saying much." Lorilynn wondered if he was shy or intimidated by the bat. If he was, she didn't blame him. She couldn't help but feel that way as well, but she was doing a great job of covering it.
    Kevin Kojike
    Kevin Kojike

Post  Kevin Kojike Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:47 pm

Kevin blinked before looking away, realizing what had come out of his mouth. "Umm I just meant it's kind of boring to go on a trip like that by yourself." He said. "And yeah, I admit I am strange, definitely." He shook his head. "It won't be for years anyway. I have to be able to save up the money to do it. I couldn't afford to have a sea turtle give me a ride off the island right now." he joked a little bitterly. "Anyway, I wouldn't blame you if you liked my brother more than me if you meet him. Most people do." By people he meant GIRLS. "Anyway I wouldn't actually ask you unless we knew each other."
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:16 am

Gadiel left his house and headed toward the school, driving his car. He left it behind and walked the rest of the way to the courtyard of the school. "I've got to get a dorm here." he grumbled to himself. Amazingly there were alot of people already out there. He waved at them and looked around, his backpack slung over his shoulder.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:28 am

Yui was running to class hoping to get there before everyone else this time when she caught sight of familiar long red hair. She looked at it in awe for a few minutes and then the thought hit her. "Nii-chan?" SHe asked herself and then a huge excited smile appeared on her face. "Nii-chan!!" She called over to the tall man really loudly with a slight tint of pink on her cheeks. She waved over at him happily.
    Carson Clemens
    Carson Clemens

Post  Carson Clemens Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:34 am

Carson's light face flushed pink when Lorilynn spoke to him out the blue. "Uh, um, sorry......" His eyes turned down as he tried to speak up. "Sometimes, Dad did...does...did? take us places with him.....but more often he goes by himself a lot.... I think he's in Tunisia now..." Carson's voice fell again, he was again unsure. He'd imagined a more one-on-one-like conversation, more than that intimidated him. In those moments Carson felt hopeless--he wanted to meet people but became frozen in fear when he did? "Um, I should get to class, huh...."
    He was afraid of people's opinions of a coward like him--why could he not be more like his sister? It would be better, he thought. I mean, she isn't afraid of anything!
    He fled to the ________ before anyone could put in another word.

Last edited by Carson Clemens on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:31 am; edited 2 times in total
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:38 am

Gadiel turned toward the sound of the familiar voice, smiling widely. "Yui! Hi," he said, moving toward her. "Would you like to walk the rest of the way to class with me?"He asked her. "How are you doing this morning? It's a beautiful day isn't it?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:55 am