Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
Work it Emma, Flaunt What You Got! Bar_left27%Work it Emma, Flaunt What You Got! Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
Work it Emma, Flaunt What You Got! Bar_left0%Work it Emma, Flaunt What You Got! Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Work it Emma, Flaunt What You Got! Bar_left9%Work it Emma, Flaunt What You Got! Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Work it Emma, Flaunt What You Got! Bar_left0%Work it Emma, Flaunt What You Got! Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Work it Emma, Flaunt What You Got! Bar_left9%Work it Emma, Flaunt What You Got! Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Work it Emma, Flaunt What You Got! Bar_left45%Work it Emma, Flaunt What You Got! Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

2 posters

Work it Emma, Flaunt What You Got!

Emma Stills
    Emma Stills

Work it Emma, Flaunt What You Got! Empty Work it Emma, Flaunt What You Got!

Post  Emma Stills Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:59 pm

The early morning sun trickled in through the beige curtains spewing warm light over a small figure sitting at the corner desk buried in a stack of reference books. Emma had been up long before the sun had decided to make an appearance, occupying herself with an essay that wasn't due until the middle of next week. True the tiny brunette had an unnatural devotion to her education, but she busied herself in school work only to keep her mind off of the main reason she had decided to get up so early. Being that Emma had little to no experience in going on a date she’d been worried over what to wear all morning. Honestly Emma could care less if what she was wearing was “in style”. It was just this feeling...rare and new to her…but she truly just wanted to look nice for her date with Chuck. Maybe she was being selfish and even though she’d never admit aloud to these feelings she wanted him to look at her and only her.  

“Hmm…I wonder if Lorilynn is up yet.” Glancing back at the time Emma abandoned her incomplete Essay planning to put the finishing touches on it later. Although she’d only had a small conversation with her roommate thus far, Emma was in desperate need of advice. She was clearly out of her element and Lorilynn had an air of confidence about her that she herself could only dream of having. Surely she’d be able to help her in this particular situation…maybe she’d even consider it roommate . . . .  Bonding? Lowering her head Emma rubbed the sides of her forehead with both hands trying to clear her mind. Well there was no harm in asking. Getting to her feet she made her way to Lorilynn’s room knocking gently on the door. “Umm Lorilynn?” Emma nervously called out through the door. She hadn't planned to spill everything to her roommate, since she wasn't even sure that the girl even cared about her love/social life. It sort of just came out….Like word vomit, “I umm...I was wondering if you could help me with something. I am going on a . . . study date? Well, it’s more like a date date, with some studying involved. I’ve never done this before and it at his house. So his family will be there, and we are having dinner there…and…and… I’m sorry…but can you help me find something to wear?”
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Work it Emma, Flaunt What You Got! Empty Re: Work it Emma, Flaunt What You Got!

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:54 pm

“Oh! They actually have those here, mother. I was very impressed.”

Lorilynn couldn’t help but feel zealous while telling her mother all she’s seen on the island so far. She felt like a child, with butterflies fluttering all around her stomach, and her smile widening as rolled around on her bed. She felt just felt so… Happy. Twirling the end of her hair she said, “Yes, It’s absolutely wonderful here, but I need to get ready for school. Yes, I love you too. Okay, bye.” Lorilynn’s eyes were still locked on her phone, her smile still plastered on her face. At that moment, nostalgia seemed to have clouded her mind. Memories about home, about her family, and everything she ever knew. Sure they fond memories to her, but she was in a new place, and it was time to get a move on. Tossing her phone aside on her bed, Lorilynn got up to stretch, but paused as she heard a light knocking on her door.

It was Emma being… Well, Emma. She was so quiet, Lorilynn could hardly hear her through the door, but she did hear the words date, help, and wear very clearly. Those were the only ones she needed to hear. Opening her room door, Lorilynn leaned against the frame, arms folded. “And you’d like my help? Oh my, I’m very flattered, Miss Stills. Come now; let’s find something for your big date!” Giving Emma a warm smile, Lorilynn made her way to Emma’s room, opening her closet doors wide. “Now, let’s see what’s in this closet of yours.” One by one, Lorilynn took each article of clothing out of the closet, throwing it onto the bed behind her. “We need to search for something of elegance and class.” When it came to fashion, Lorilynn thought that one didn't need to be revealing to be appealing. One must looked, sophisticated, clean, and polished, and that's exactly what Emma was. She just didn't have the outfits to prove it. Or at least that's what she was getting from her closet. "Emma," She spoke softly. "We've got to update your wardrobe." Turning around, Lorilynn looked at the mountain of clothes piled on Emma's bed. It was time to start searching through them.
    Emma Stills
    Emma Stills

Post  Emma Stills Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:19 pm

As Lorilynn emptied her closest Emma began to feel as though her roommate might be right . . . most of these clothes of hers were from when she was a freshman! She didn’t grow much the past couple of years, so she didn’t see any probably cause that she would need to get rid of any of these outfits unless they were torn or terribly stained. Living in the Uran district on a single parent’s salary was hard enough for the Stills to keep up on the bills and basic living expenses. Emma didn’t feel the need to waste money on trivial things such as stylish clothing…which is what landed her in this predicament in the first place.

“Well, that’s not exactly all of my clothing.” Emma added quietly as she kneeled down at the edge of her bed sliding a suitcase out from under the bed skirt. Unzipping the luggage she flipped the top over to reveal several neatly folded garments all in soft pastel colors which were a far cry from the colors that Emma usually wore. The bookworm tended to wear earth tones - simple colors that didn't draw too much attention to herself. Lifting the top shirt from its stack she held it up to for Lorilynn’s viewing. “These were given to by Lena. She made them and I haven’t really had a chance to wear any. Honestly I’m afraid I’d ruin them.” Emma admitted turning the shirt delicately over in her hands. Her soft brown eyes trailed along the stitched design that adorned the neck line of the lavender blouse before looking back up at her roommate, “She worked so hard to make them and even if I were to wear them I’m not sure what to match them with, or even if I could pull any of them off.” Folding the shirt Emma set back on top of the others sliding the suitcase over towards Lorilynn, so that if she wanted she could look at those as well.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Rummaging through the clothes in the suitcase, she had to say, Lena was a very good designer. She ran her thumb gently over a soft, three quarter sleeve pink shirt. “This is cute.” She mumbled softly, laying it softly on the mountain of clothing she’d created. “Oh, I know what’ll go perfectly with that!” Making sure to search carefully for the right article of clothing, Lorilynn finally found it. “Ah-hah! Here it is!” It was a beige pencil skirt, that looked like it might’ve stopped a little above Emma’s knees, but it shouldn’t have been too bad. The outfit looked soft and cute, just like Emma.

“Would this be alright? I don’t think you’d want anything to be too flashy. After all, it is your first date isn’t it? I think it’s just perfect for your first date, don’t you?” Lorilynn smiled. She never really got to help pick out clothes for anyone really. All of Zelda’s friends at her school were too stubborn to listen to her, so she was actually pretty glad Emma could approach her. “I think some white pantyhose would look cute with this too! And some Mary-Janes! Oh, are you going to keep your hair in pigtails? I think it be better for you to let loose.” Lorilynn giggled, sending Emma a playful wink.
    Emma Stills
    Emma Stills

Post  Emma Stills Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:08 am

Emma softly ran her fingers over the smooth fabric of the outfit Lorilynn had put together for her - carefully choosing each separate piece that would flatter her petite figure. “Thank you! This outfit looks really pretty together. I just hope it looks just as good when I’m actually wearing it . . .”She responded as she lifted the pink shirt against her almost non-existent chest, facing her full length mirror she began turning every which way to check out different angles of herself. The only time Emma ever really wore pinks or purples was when she spent the weekends at home, her mother would usher her into an appropriate “cutesy” outfit for Sunday Church. Normally she steered clear of anything that would make her stand out - not liking too much attention, buuuut if it was coming from a certain Wilder Emma didn’t mind it at all.

Stopping mid-turn she glanced back at her roommate as she suggested that she let her hair loose . Pulling at the braid that her pigtails were meticulously parted into earlier that morning Emma contemplated actually taking them out. “Hmm, maybe another day since there isn’t much time left until class,” picking up the rest of the garments that concluded the outfit Emma added one last comment before disappearing into the bathroom, “so I’ll just put this on and you can convince me that it I can actually pull it off!”

Emma had stow-away in the bathroom long enough that Lorilynn could have gotten ready as well as probably make it to History class long before she had finally emerged - fully dressed her cheeks matching the soft pink shirt. “So….um how does it look?” She asked hopeful, giving a small twirl before placing a hand on her hips.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:18 am

Huffing at the fact that she could not do Emma’s hair, Lorilynn settled for defeat. Maybe another day, she confirmed in her mind. Though, Emma’s last comment caught her off guard. Convince her? That girl didn’t give herself enough credit – not at all! Hopefully Emma would grow into some self confidence sooner or later.

After Emma shimmied into the bathroom, Lorilynn thought it would be best to get ready herself. After all, Emma did say they didn’t have much time until class. She’d help clean up the mess later. Just as her morning regime was complete, out waltzed Little Miss Emma, gracing the ivory haired girl with her dazzling new look. “My my,” Lorilynn started, giving a wide smile. “Don’t you look as stunning as ever! Now come on, we’ve got a class to get to!” She cried, leading the way to their History Class.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:39 am