Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
First Meeting  - Page 4 Bar_left27%First Meeting  - Page 4 Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
First Meeting  - Page 4 Bar_left0%First Meeting  - Page 4 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
First Meeting  - Page 4 Bar_left9%First Meeting  - Page 4 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
First Meeting  - Page 4 Bar_left0%First Meeting  - Page 4 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
First Meeting  - Page 4 Bar_left45%First Meeting  - Page 4 Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

+3
Emma Stills
Chuck Wilder
Chepe Kojike
7 posters

First Meeting

Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

First Meeting  - Page 4 Empty Re: First Meeting

Post  Chepe Kojike Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:23 pm

He smiled. "thanks." He looked up at a tree near the bench. "I just don't know...I haven't met anyone who......." he shook himself, bringing his thoughts back to earth. "I'm sure it will..eventually." He laughed. "Feel free to change the topic of conversation if you want to."

Last edited by Chepe Kojike on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:33 pm

Lorilynn gave him a warm smile. "Don't worry yourself, Chepe. There will be one girl soon." She assured him. Lorilynn got off the bench. "I need to go finish packing. If you want, you can call me." She waved him off and headed off to the other side of the courtyard. She needed a bit of privacy right now.

Last edited by Lorilynn Schwann on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:37 pm

Chepe smiled, and said "Bye" to her.He picked up his guitar, got up and walked back to where Chuck and Emma were still standing. He sat on the grass near them, thinking about how happy he was to have met Lorilynn. He thought she was really nice. He absently put his hand in his pocket, touching the phone number she had given him.
    Chuck Wilder
    Chuck Wilder
    Admin

Post  Chuck Wilder Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:13 am

Chuck was a little surprised that she had reached out to him, considering the sort of reputation he and his family had on this island. He knew the girl had grown up on Rai Island, knew she had heard the rumors, after all, he had seen her on occasion before. What surprised him was that she didn't seem to judge him like so many others did. She had reached out to him, but had retreated out of shyness or perhaps another reason. He found that he wanted her to reach out to him again, to touch him.

As she let her hand drop away, Chuck glimpsed some scratches on her palms, most likely a result of her taking a tumble when he'd clocked the idiot who had been dragging her towards him. He snatched her wrist as it dropped and turned the palm to face him, examining the scratches. They were shallow enough, but he still said, "Make sure you rinse these out well. Hey, I didn't catch your name...?"
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:29 am

After finding a quiet spot with few people, Lorilynn decided she was going to call Leon and put an end to this stupid argument. She pulled out her phone and scrolled down to find his number and paused when his name was highlighted. Lorilynn sighed uneasily before pressing the call button and putting the phone to her ear. Each ring was like a shock just jolting through her body. She wanted him to pick up, but she'd feel very relieved if he didn't. After the fourth ring, she heard him pick up. Her heart skipped a beat.

"Hey," She sighed. Lorilynn licked her lips and it grew silent on both ends on the phone. She decided to speak again. "You... You didn't say bye to me today. I'm at school. Of course I left, why wouldn't I? Why wouldn't I be serious about that, Leon!?" She cried. He actually didn't think she was leaving. Was he stupid or something? Lorilynn couldn't believe what he was saying.

"It's not stupid Leon! I just wanted to see something different! Be amazed!... Leon, that's a really ignorant thing for you to say about people. You don't even know them... Leon... But listen-... I didn't say that, I'm saying-... Ugh! Would you shut up for five seconds!? I'm trying to say something to you!" It always went down like this. When fighting, Leon didn't want to listen to what Lorilynn was saying. He never really considered her side; just went with his own ideas and thoughts.

Lorilynn's eyes widened at what he was saying. She couldn't believe him. "So you're breaking up with me because I don't have the same viewpoint as you!?... Because I'm acting stupid!? I'm not acting stupid! You're acting like a baby! And if you think I'm gonna let you hold me back anymore you're wrong!... I don't care anymore! Just go to hell!" Lorilynn cried as she closed her phone and shoved it violently in her pocket. She gritted her teeth and cringed. She didn't want to talk to anyone, or look at anyone. She had two words for the whole entire world, including Leon:

"Piss off." she growled before stomping back to her dorm room.
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:37 am

Chepe watched Chuck and The girl he was talking to. He thought her name was Emma...he was sure he'd heard it before but he wasn't sure. Angel jumped on him licking his face as Chepe laughed. He got up and wandered away from chuck until he came to the bench that he had seen lorilynn sitting on. He sat down, looking up at the clouds. Angel sat close beside him.
    Kyren Stills
    Kyren Stills

Post  Kyren Stills Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:25 am

Kyren's idea of patience was admittedly one that might not fit into most people's definition. After about ten minutes, he was pulling at his white strands of hair, making a mess of what his sister had managed to fix, and tapping his pen repeatedly against his notebook. The librarian had come by more than once, eyeing him very pointedly about the noise he was making. Sighing loudly, just to be annoying, he pushed back his chair and got up. Replacing the chair to it's spot, he spun around and made his way out of the library.

The purpose in his step soon left him, however, as he realized that he didn't know where to go. Wracking his brain for the memory, he finally remembered a snippet of conversation about ten minutes ago. The courtyard! he thought as he picked up his pace again.

Once outside and in the general area of the courtyard, he began to freak out a little. He had no idea where to go. He spotted a bench with one occupant, but it was not Emma. Not willing to give up the chance to find out if the stranger had any idea where she might be. Approaching the long haired guy cautiously, he called out, "Umm, excuse me?"
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:27 am

Chepe looked over at the guy who had called out. "Hi, " he said. "Do you need something?" he asked, smiling.
    Kyren Stills
    Kyren Stills

Post  Kyren Stills Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:39 am

"Umm, you could say that, yes," Kyren said, visibly uncomfortable. He tried to keep his interactions with strangers to a minimum. Less people, less trouble. "Have you seen a really petite girl around here? Long brown hair? Brown eyes and has glasses?" When asking about Emma's height, he gestured with his hands to try to give this stranger a better idea of who he was asking for.

Last edited by Kyren Stills on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:43 am

Chepe smiled "well, first, my name is Chepe." he said, grinning. "I have seen a girl who fits that description." looking over toward the direction where chuck was, he said, "She was with my roommate a little while ago. over there." he pointed.

Last edited by Chepe Kojike on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kyren Stills
    Kyren Stills

Post  Kyren Stills Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:58 am

"Oh," Kyren chuckled nervously, "sorry about that." In his nervousness and haste, he had forgotten his manners. But hearing that Chepe had probably seen Emma was a huge relief; however, the "with my roommate" part wasn't exactly comforting. Pushing the thought back momentarily,he extended his hand, "Hello Chepe, my name is Kyren. I'm sorry for the rudeness, but I really need to find Emma." It didn't register that he hadn't said my sister, which would have offered a better explanation.
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:15 am

Chepe nodded. "Well I wish you luck." he said, "I bet you'll find her with Chuck though" he shook his head. "I'll see you later, then Kyren." He shifted his guitar case beside him.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:21 am

"Just my luck," Lorilynn mumbled. "I haven't been gone an entire day, and she's having a panic attack." After her argument with Leon, she locked herself in her bedroom until her father called. Apparently, Remy wasn't handling Lorilynn's leaving too well, since she only heard about it this morning. Remy loved surprises, but things that shocked her or things she couldn't control made her panic. She isn't able to handle her anxiety well, so she often got headaches or became very emotional. Lorilynn loved her mother dearly, and hoped for her safety, but she couldn't help but think that this was some plot to get her to stay home.

While passing through the courtyard, she spotted Chepe casually sitting on a bench. She smiled at him before walking over. "Hey, I um... I have to take care of something back home, and I won't be here for a while... I just wanted to tell you bye." Lorilynn looked at him for a moment before saying "Oh! You have my phone number, right? Just call me, it'll be fine. I mean, if you want to." She paused slightly. "I should really get going, it was nice meeting you." She waved.

As Lorilynn made her was to the docks, she felt a bit sad. She didn't even get to spend a full day in the island before she had to baby sit her mother. "Hopefully she didn't have too much of a scare," Lorilynn sighed, waiting to get home.
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:35 am

Chepe smiled. "I sure do...and I WILL call you." Looking at her he said. "I hope everything is ok." he said. "You look upset." He said, "See you, lorilynn...I'll talk to you tomorrow," he waved at her as she left. "Good luck." he said, softly.

Last edited by Chepe Kojike on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Kyren Stills
    Kyren Stills

Post  Kyren Stills Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:04 am

Kyren told Chepe thanks for his assistance before heading off into the direction that he had been told he should go. During the time he was walking, the same question swirled around in his head. Who is Chuck? Surely it wasn't Chuck Wilder. Well, only one way to find out...

Rounding the corner and seeing another clearing, Kyren looked around for a couple seconds, finally spotting the origin of his frantic search. Jogging up to Emma, completely ignoring anything or anyone but her, his mouth opened almost before he reached her, "Emma! What are you doing here? I thought you were looking for your ID?" He tried not to pout for being left out of the loop; at least, he would like to hear her explanation, if she had one.
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:21 am

"No problem," chepe said, smiling. He stood up, stretched and picked up his guitar. He followed Kyren over to Where Chuck and the girl was. Hmmm he thought. I was right, her name IS Emma.
    He returned to his spot near them on the grass.
    Emma Stills
    Emma Stills

Post  Emma Stills Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Feeling the warmth of the blush that was now more than likely coloring her cheeks a light shade of red; Emma focused on Chuck’s soft blue eyes as they examined the shallow scratches on her palms. She was a surprised at how gentle the notorious Wilder could be as he held her injured hand up in his own slightly larger, rough calloused ones. He must work a lot with his hands… She thought to herself seeing the condition they were in, but despite that her hand seemed to fit perfectly with in his own. As Emma pondered that thought her blush deepened, her gaze falling from his face to their hands as she responded to his question. “Oh, umm my name is…”
    Before her name could leave her lips it echoed clearly from behind her, in a tone dripping with concern and a hint of relief. Glancing over her shoulder a pinch of guilt began to rise up in her chest. Emma had forgotten, if only for a moment, that her brother had been waiting patiently for her back at the library; the sight of him reminding her what she had originally came out there for. “Kyren?!” Pulling her hand free of Chuck’s she turned fully toward her brother apologizing for disappearing on him for so long. “Sorry, I intended to look for it, but I ran into a small problem...” She began to explain what had kept her from the search, but trailed off as she realized it would only make him more troubled knowing the whole story.
    Chuck Wilder
    Chuck Wilder
    Admin

Post  Chuck Wilder Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:29 pm

She was even prettier up close, Chuck realized as her cheeks started to redden a little. He was so unused to seeing a girl blush over something so simple as holding hands, but it was really charming. Her gaze had fallen from his, moving to study their hands - in particular, his. He watched as her eyes wandered over them, taking note of the callouses and forming opinions. Her hands were smaller and far more delicate. Soft, too. He wouldn't mind holding them longer, onlookers be damned.

But then he heard a concerned voice call her name, seeming somewhat upset as if she had ran off without him or something. Emma... Though his lip was still bleeding fairly well, Chuck still stood straight up and looked to the boy that had called her name. Perhaps a boyfriend, or maybe a relative. He was taller than Chuck, but slim and with white hair. And he was wearing...eyeliner? That fact alone totally sank the boyfriend idea. He had to be related to her.
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:49 pm

Chepe was watching Chuck, Emma and Kyren, then he thought he had better call Lorilynn, remembering she'd given him her phone number. He thought he's see if she had made it home ok. Chepe fished the number out of his pocket and pulling his phone out of the other pocket, he dialed the number. Holding the phone up to his ear, he said, "Hello? Lorilynn, it's Chepe. I was wondering if you made it home all right." he paused for a minute, listening. "Yeah? You made it? I'm glad." he smiled. they talked for a while. Chepe didn't want to hang up the phone so he kept talking to her.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:33 pm

"S-so you mean... You have to stay there...?" Remy sniffled. She sat up in bed; eyed moist and red. Lorilynn had her hands placed on her mothers and stroked them from time to time.

"Yes mother," Lorilynn sighed. "I'm a big girl now, I can't stay home forever. And you can't have an episode every single time I leave, okay?"

Rent sighed miserably. "I know, I know... It's just... Well, I'll really miss you. Your father gave me no fair warning about you going to school or anything." She rubber her eyes and smiled weakly. "But if it makes you happy, I'll stop being so selfish."

"Thank you Mother," Lorilynn smiled. "That means a lot." Lorilynn suddenly felt a vibration in her pocket. "May I?" She asked Remy.

"You're excused." Remy nodded. Lorilynn answered her phone after quickly slipping out of her parents room.

"Hello? Oh, hi Chepe. Yes, I am home... Yes, thank you for asking, that's very thoughtful of you. I had to check on my mother. She was... ill, you could say. But she's alright now." Lorilynn smiled. "Oh, um, how are things where you are? Are you okay?"

"Lori, who's that?" Remy asked. Lorilynn only shushed her.

"No, no, not you. My mother... So yeah, you were saying?" Lorilynn asked.
    Emma Stills
    Emma Stills

Post  Emma Stills Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:34 pm

It only took a moment for Emma to realize was about to unfold if she didn’t take immediate action. Chuck standing there lip bleeding, her own hands scratched up, and her brother left there to his own imagination as he stared down one of the boys he had asked her to politely to steer clear of...She knew this wasn’t going to sit well with Kyren. Turning slightly towards Chuck, not letting Kyren’s obvious disapproval of a Wilder’s presence near his sister let her forget her manners. “Thank you for helping me earlier. I really appreciate it.” She said offering him a friendly smile, untangling her scarf as she spoke. In doing so she hoped to cool herself off a little so that her persistent blushing wasn’t as noticeable.

“Be sure to get your lip taken care of, and I’ll do the same for myself.” Glancing down at her roughed up hands she turned away from Chuck, continuing her earlier conversation with her brother as she led him away from the courtyard. She went on about her lost item, concluding that it would be for the best if she just paid to get a new one first thing in the morning. Glancing over her shoulder, Emma stole one last glimpse of Chuck Wilder before disappearing around the corner of the courtyard.

((Link to ---> Emma's Dorm))

Last edited by Emma Stills on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:39 pm

"I'm doing ok" Chepe said. "I was worrying that you might not have made it." he smiled. "I'm so glad your mom's ok. How's the rest of your family? I hope they're all doing good too." he asked her. "It'll be nice when you're back here," he said. "But I like being able to talk to you anyway." he laughed a little. "so how is the weather and everything there?"
    Chuck Wilder
    Chuck Wilder
    Admin

Post  Chuck Wilder Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:04 am

It was a shame she left so soon, but he wasn't some fool. Chuck could see that she knew who he was and was obviously trying to prevent her relative from realizing it. Emma had good damage control if he ever saw it. Though he hated to see her go, he had to admit, he loved to watch her leave. There was an unconscious little sway in her step and the way she glanced over her shoulder hinted that she was interested in him, if at least a little. Before she could turn back away, he grinned and winked at her right before the two rounded the corner. Oh yeah, he definitely wanted to see her again.

And she had been talking to Kyren about a missing item that she couldn't find. Emma was planning to purchase another one. It must be her student ID card... Chuck realized, his blue eyes scanning the ground in search of the missing card. As Chepe talked on the phone, Chuck hunted around the courtyard. After a while, the crowd dispersed and he glimpsed a piece of plastic. He picked it up to see the ID card with a particularly cute picture of Emma on it. "Emma Stills." He murmured to himself, "I'd better make sure she gets this back. There's no reason to pay for another one."
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:12 am

Chepe laughed. "Hey, I gotta go ok? Yeah I promise I'll call you tomorrow.." He grinned. "Yeah...I will. Bye Linnie." Chepe hung up the phone and loked over at Chuck. He had seen him looking at him. He saw the plastic card in Chuck's hand. "Who's that belong to?" he asked.

Last edited by Chepe Kojike on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chuck Wilder
    Chuck Wilder
    Admin

Post  Chuck Wilder Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:30 am

"Emma, but she left while you were on the phone." Chuck said, pocketing the ID card. He turned to Chepe and jerked his thumb back towards their band setup, which Terry had gotten mostly torn down. Aaron had already packed up his keytar and headed off. "Let's get our stuff picked up and taken care of. Then, I think I'm going to return this to Emma." He headed off, leaving Chepe to follow, and began to help put their equipment away, assisting Terry in packing the equipment trailer before grabbing his bass guitar. "Let's drop our stuff in our dorm."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content