Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 3 Bar_left27%Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 3 Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 3 Bar_left0%Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 3 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 3 Bar_left9%Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 3 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 3 Bar_left0%Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 3 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 3 Bar_left9%Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 3 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 3 Bar_left45%Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 3 Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

+7
Aaron Lucus Stepstone
YuiSinclair
Kyren Stills
Chuck Wilder
Gadiel Halwe
Lissa Snow
Emma Stills
11 posters

Homeroom: Mr. Bradley

Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Homeroom: Mr. Bradley - Page 3 Empty Re: Homeroom: Mr. Bradley

Post  Cholena Nelson Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:50 am

Right as Chuck’s question reached Lena’s ears her head shot around to look at him eyebrows raised. So, little Emma Still’s had caught the eye of one of the notorious island wolves. This could be problematic. Glancing from the wolf Chuck, to the hunter Kyren , then finally rested on clumsy little red Emma, Lena let out a long drawn out sigh. This is going to be one interesting year…… Leaning back onto the palm of her hands she glanced over at Chepe hear radiant red curls dangling only inches above the table top. Seeing him looking her way she smiled at him, a rare barely noticeable blush appearing on her cheeks.
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:04 am

Chepe grinned at Lena, saying, in a soft voice, "Quieres mi número de teléfono, Lena? Yo puedo darle a usted ahora." He grinned at her before rattling off a list of numbers Then saying, "Llámame en cualquier momento que desee. Me encantaría que se reúnen"
    He grinned. "You could walk my puppy too"
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:18 am

Yui was in her own little daze so she didn't see the ball come at her. That is until she felt the ball hit her right in her face. She let out a small 'eeep' as she fell off her desk and onto the floor. She laid there for a second and then she put the ball on her desk, and peeked over her desk with a red nose and teary eyes. "Umm... My name is Yui Sinclair...i really want a growth spurt..." SHe said shyly as she held her throbbing nose. "And... my favorite meal is...peach buns!" SHe said happily with a slight pink blush on her cheeks. "whats... your favorite color?" she asked as she throws the ball at Mr. Bradley, but the ball falls half way and rolls the rest of the way to his feet. She blushed at how weak her arm was.

Last edited by YuiSinclair on Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Olivia Wilson
    Olivia Wilson

Post  Olivia Wilson Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:25 am

Listening as the introductions came to a close end with only a few students’ left, Olivia silently slid off of Mr. Bradley’s desk. The desk top had been littered with files, pictures, and a few children’s toys that kept getting pushed moved around with every little movement she made. Being worried she might cause them to spill off onto the floor she decided to go settle into a free seat and actually be a part of the class. Stealthfully she made her way towards the back of the room not paying much attention to who had the ball at the moment until a crashing sound filled the room. Stopping in her tracks she watched widened as the small pink haired girl got up from the floor. She hadn’t witnessed her tumble from the desk, but she it sounded as if it was rather painful. Sidestepping the little princess Millie, patting her head as she passed her, Olivia hoped up on top of the empty desk two seats down from Ah-Gyul.

Last edited by Olivia Wilson on Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:27 am

Gadiel jumped off his desk and hurried over to Yui. "Are you ok?" he said, helping her up. "I din't mean to hit you!" He he felt terrible. "I am SOO sorry."
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:33 am

Yui looked up at the tall man with wide eyes and then she energetically waved her hands in the air as if to deny his statement. "n...No its my fault! if i wasn't so short it would never have got me... plus the day dreaming didn't help either..." She said to him. She mumbled the last part and pouted at herself. She felt so bad that she made this guy feel guilty.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:38 am

"No..I should have made sure you heard me before I threw it to you." Gadiel said. "Are you hurt? Let me see." He gently pried her hands away from her face so he could look at her red nose. "That does look sore." he said, concerned.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:44 am

Yui stared straight at him for a second in complete daze. Then she felt her body from head to toe turn beat red. 'f...face...too close...' she thought to herself and she felt her head heat up and her vision got dizzy. "I...I'm fine!" SHe said happily and then stood up by herself. Her knees nearly collapsing under her. SHe walked back to her chair like a penguin, straight legged, nearly slipping with each step she took.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:47 am

Gadiel looked toward the teacher. "Mr Bradley, I accidentally hit Yui in the face with the ball....her nose looks sore." he said, heading back to his desk and siting back on it.
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:51 am

X

Last edited by Chepe Kojike on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:54 am

Lena had picked up the Spanish language at a young age, since the manager of the daycare didn’t know English very well she would often find herself talking to the kids in her native tongue. However, Lena let her understanding of the language become rather rusty over the years. Raising her eyebrows a bit confused as Chepe began spouting out numbers, Lena’s eyes widened as it finally dawned on her what he had said. Smiling she sent a wink his way letting him know that she would definitely be calling him. “I can’t pass up a chance to walk that cute little ball of fur!”
    Emma Stills
    Emma Stills

Post  Emma Stills Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:56 am

Mr. Bradley had to hold back his laughter as he watched the small girl with the oddly colored hair fall off her desk. Hmm that was a rather affective method! he thought to himself making the mental note of using it on any student’s that weren’t paying attention in class for now on. Picking up the ball at his feet he tossed it gently in the air waiting for Gadiel to plant his rear back on his desk, “Wow you’ve got quite the arm there son, you knocked her clean off her desk. You should look into joining a couple sports clubs. They could use someone like you, and don’t worry. Pinky looks like a tough cookie. Got right up didn’t she?!” Laughing to himself the teacher began his own introduction turning to face the entire class. “My name is Mr. Bradley, and I’ll be here all year to help you guys prepare yourself for graduation and ultimately your futures. If you don’t have plans yet, don’t worry you will in good time. As for Miss Sinclair’s question,… my favorite color is pink.” Tossing the ball onto his desk allowing it to roll across his papers and over the edge bouncing pathetically onto the floor, he continued with his class. “I look forward to this following year with you all. Feel free to use the rest of class to get to know one another, and be thankful I didn’t give you a heaping amount of homework your first day here.” With that Mr. Bradley released his student’s retreating back to his desk where Millie was now twirling around and around and around in his swivel chair.
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:06 am

Chepe grinned. "Angel is a sweetie....and I can't wait to catch up with you either," he said, scratching his head. He picked up his guitar's bag from the back of his chair and slipped it on his back. He was excited to have been able to see Lena. He hoped that she would like him. "Would you like to come with me now?" he asked her.

Last edited by Chepe Kojike on Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:12 am

Gadiel laughed along with the teacher. "No, sir, I never thought about joining sports." he said, grinning. "I suppose it's not a bad idea," he said.
    Chuck Wilder
    Chuck Wilder
    Admin

Post  Chuck Wilder Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:37 am

When Emma seemed to be securely planted on the desk, he leaned over and whispered -albeit somewhat loudly- to her, "Are you okay, Emma? That looked like it hurt. If you have any bruises, try rolling a fresh hard boiled egg over them. That's what my mom does when we come home bruised up. If you want, I'll come over and show you how to do it and everything." Chuck lowered his voice so only she could hear him, "Or I could rub your butt for you. Your choice." Though he was honestly just trying to be helpful, it sounded as if he had ulterior motives. That was not the case, not that the thought of treating her backside was an unwelcome one, but he was actually concerned. Had it been anyone else, he'd have laughed his ass off and probably took a dive as well.
    Kyren Stills
    Kyren Stills

Post  Kyren Stills Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Kyren was a bit shocked when Gadiel answered in the affirmative to his question, but there wasn't really a need to say anything further, so he just accepted the new knowledge. He put more thought into the fact that the mutt felt high and mighty enough to start talking while it was Kyren's turn. No distinct words reached his ears, but it didn't matter. If the Great Chuck Wilder didn't want to listen, fine, but stating it out loud like that was practically a declaration of war. And Kyren could hardly forget Emma's response to the mutt's question. The warning bell was blaring at him full blast at this point. Emma and Kyren needed to have a talk, and it would not be pleasant.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:11 pm

As soon as the bell rung, Yui dashed out of her seat and outside into the hall. She leaned up against the wall and then looked both ways to make sure no one was looking. She then pulled her backpack in front of her and started to rummage through it. a smile spread on her face when she found what she was looking for, she pulled out a giant wad of band aids. she took one and placed it on her nose. then she began to stuff the band-aids back into her backpack as quickly as she could so no one would see. She started to walk away only to see a girl collapsed on the ground. (Emma) She stared at her for a while and then let out a sigh and walked up to her only to see a lot of boys around her. She felt herself go into shy mode as she got closer to the girl. "um...." She said trying to catch her attention. "Do you...want a band-aid?" She asked shyly as she took one out of her bag. She blushed with embarrassment when she saw that the band-aid she picked had pink bunny's all over it.
    Emma Stills
    Emma Stills

Post  Emma Stills Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Sliding off the desktop with as much delicacy as you can manage in a skirt, Emma settled in her chair hoping the following teachers wouldn’t also be planning to keep them stationed on top their desks during their lessons. Chuck’s comment, although void of any concern of personal space, brought a smile to Emma’s lips. “Thank you for your concern Chuck, but I think I will pass on that offer….this time.” She replied, her voice dropping to a whisper at the last part of her statement. Classes passed without any problems mostly full of introductions, syllabuses, and to no surprise homework assignments. Valevay certainly had a handful of ingeniously diverse teachers, and it seemed that their class was in the hands of each and every one of them. Granted they were all genuinely nice people, a few odd balls here and there, Emma did feel the need to lay low in one particular class.

As the last couple minutes of their final class approached, Emma ripped –as quietly as possible- a blank piece of paper from her notebook. Passing her hand over the paper she clearly wrote out the digits to her cell phone. Delicately folding the paper up, she resumed to scribble out a single word on the folded up note: Eventually…

As the bell releasing class filled the room, Emma pushed her chair back gathering up her belongings. Glancing over toward her brother she said, “I’m going to head over to the library so I can work on some of these assignments.” In all likelihood her brother probably already knew where she was heading to, but Emma felt the need to inform him properly.Knowing Kyren would come find her when he felt the need to check up on her she said her goodbyes to him as well as Lena, and after flashing a shy smile Chuck’s way Emma headed towards the door. As she passed by the back of Chuck’s chair she reached out slipping her note into a pocket of his guitar case unnoticed. Swiftly retreating from the classroom Emma rubbed her backend with her free hand mumbling to herself, “I wonder if I have any eggs at the dorm…”

Link to-->Library

Last edited by Emma Stills on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:31 pm

Lena waved goodbye to Emma as she made her way out of the room, however her friends little slip of the hand hadn’t gone unnoticed by her. Preparing to ask her -in the near future- exactly what was on the note she slipped to the into the curly haired rebel’s guitar case, Lena began shoving her textbooks into her bag slinging it over her shoulder. Not feeling the need to rush back home to an empty house she happily took Chepe up on his offer. “Sure, where are you planning on taking me though?” Her voice was soft as she spoke, her eyes traveling over the guitar case curious if he was willing to let her hear him play. Being assertive and always saying what was on her mind, the complete opposite of her shy and reserved friend, Lena would be sure to let him know once they were away from the class that she interested in hearing him play. Of course in the most persuasive way that she could possible get away with...
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:36 pm

Chepe grinned. "well, where would you like to go?" he asked her. "I don't remember much of the island." He said, "and it seems to have changed alot since I left. I do remember how much I loved the beach, and the park both..I should also probably let Angel out to go to the bathroom." He smiled. "So tell me where YOU would like to go." Chepe readjusted the guitar bag's straps on his shoulders. and started walking with her.

Last edited by Chepe Kojike on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Olivia Wilson
    Olivia Wilson

Post  Olivia Wilson Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:03 pm

Sitting back in her seat Olivia watched student’s scatter at the sound of the bell, off to do whatever it was their heart desired seeing as they were free from class for the rest of the day. The thought of returning back to her dorm to finish unpacking her belongings had seemed like a tedious task that didn’t quite fancy her at the moment. In all actuality, she was hoping to snag Ah-Gyul before he slipped out of the classroom.

Waiting until the student occupying the desk that separated them collected his books and escaped the classroom, Olivia got to her feet leaning over the now empty desk top striking up a conversation with her fellow exchange student. “For a second there I thought I might have to rescue you again. I mistook that girl with the bright pink hair for your lovely Washington stalke-ehh….friend.” She said bringing her hand to her lips as a small chuckle escaped, remembering what had actually happened that day. She faintly remembered walking into the kitchen while the cotton candy haired girl pranced around placing dish after dish of delicious smelling food in front of an already stuffed Ah-Gyul, as if fattening him up so he couldn’t run off. Then again, she had the right idea….Olivia had always heard that the way to a guy’s heart is through his stomach…sadly she wasn’t much a cook herself.
    Ah-Gyul Shin
    Ah-Gyul Shin
    Admin

Post  Ah-Gyul Shin Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Ah-Gyul had prepared to head quickly out of the final class of the day when Olivia caught his eye. Slipping the strap of his bag over his shoulder, another small smile tugged at the corner of Ah-Gyul's lips.
    “For a second there I thought I might have to rescue you again. I mistook that girl with the bright pink hair for your lovely Washington stalke ehh… friend,” Olivia said.
    "I remembered that when I saw the pink hair--you too then?" Ah-Gyul chuckled also, remembering how horribly that entire day had gone and how it had yet managed to give him at the very least a conversation partner. "Have you been here on the island long, or should we explore together?" he asked in an uncommon gesture. Ah-Gyul didn't feel like being alone or introducing himself to any random person--that wasn't how this boy did things--so he stood and nodded his head towards the door, deciding to let Olivia take the lead for the moment.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Yui took her bag and headed out the door. SHe was heading for the girl dorms but then stopped mid in her tracks. '...i dont want to go to that lonesome dorm yet...' she thought to herself. she smiled and turned on her heel and headed to town.
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:17 am

Growing up on Rai Island, Lena knew all of the exciting places to go but honestly she just wanted to talk. Taking Angel for a walk down at the park sounded absolutely perfect to her. Adjusting her shoulder strap as it dug into her skin from the sheer weight of the textbooks it was supporting, Lena responded, “The park sounds like a great place to catch up. That way you can bring Angel along since there aren’t a whole lot of places on the island that allow you to bring your animals inside.” Heading towards the door Lena warned him playfully not to forget about her, on the way out she made sure to ruffle Kyren’s hair once more, laughing while her red curls bounced as she disappeared out of the classroom.

Link to -->The Park
    Olivia Wilson
    Olivia Wilson

Post  Olivia Wilson Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:21 am

“Actually I flew in just this morning, and I’ve been itching to discover what this island all about.” Olivia answered brushing past Ah-Gyul as she headed towards the door. She wasn’t about to let the chance to explore slip through her fingers, especially if that meant she would be accompanied by someone she actually quite fond of –not that she hinted at that fact- Placing her hand against the door frame she glanced over her shoulder at him, her strawberry blonde locks swaying to the side. “I hope you don’t mind, but I’ve got to stop at my dorm first.”

Link to --> Girls Dorm G03

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:14 pm