Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
Walk in the Park: Day 2 After School Bar_left27%Walk in the Park: Day 2 After School Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
Walk in the Park: Day 2 After School Bar_left0%Walk in the Park: Day 2 After School Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Walk in the Park: Day 2 After School Bar_left9%Walk in the Park: Day 2 After School Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Walk in the Park: Day 2 After School Bar_left0%Walk in the Park: Day 2 After School Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Walk in the Park: Day 2 After School Bar_left9%Walk in the Park: Day 2 After School Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Walk in the Park: Day 2 After School Bar_left45%Walk in the Park: Day 2 After School Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

2 posters

Walk in the Park: Day 2 After School

Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Walk in the Park: Day 2 After School Empty Walk in the Park: Day 2 After School

Post  Cholena Nelson Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:16 am

Since the park was a short walk past the library, Lena didn’t see the need to drive her car over there. Instead she dropped her books off making sure to lock her doors properly before heading in the direction leading toward the park. Ominous clouds loomed in the distance threatening to bring a storm over the island, by the time they reached them it would most likely be late into the night, and hopefully by that time Lena would be at home in bed. She didn’t like driving in a down pour, her cheap windshield wipers only purpose was to completely block any visibility she hoped to have when it rained.

Passing by the library Lena held back the urge to go in and find Emma. Although she had a lot of questions for her she knew that her spectacled friend would be lost in all the literature and not up for much of a conversation. Reaching the park Lena bounced over to an empty swing planting her butt on the seat and wrapping her finger around the thin chain. Pumping her legs she began to swing a little as she waiting for Chepe to arrive.
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Walk in the Park: Day 2 After School Empty Re: Walk in the Park: Day 2 After School

Post  Chepe Kojike Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:27 am

Chepe got to the park, with Angel following him. He headed over to Lena. "Hey." he said, smiling. Angel jumped up on Lena wagging her long tail as Chepe leaned up against the metal frame of the swings. He laughed at his puppy, as he placed his guitar bag carefully on the grass. "So..what have you been up to since I left? and do you have any questions for me?"
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Walk in the Park: Day 2 After School Empty Re: Walk in the Park: Day 2 After School

Post  Cholena Nelson Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:54 am

Dragging her feet through the beauty bark -covering the entirety of playground- Lena brought the swing to a stop. Scooping up Angel she held her up kissing her soft wet doggy nose. “You are just the cutest little thing I have ever seen!” She told the squirmy pup before setting her back onto the ground turning her blue eyed gaze onto Chepe as he asked what she had been up to since he left. It had been ten years since she last saw him and summarizing her life since then would take far too much time...She knew he just wanted to hear more about her, but she far too interested in him to talk about herself.

“Me? Well…I’m not all that interesting…however I do have a question for you.” Making her way toward him, closing the distance between them awful quick, she leaned in. Although at first it seemed as though she was reaching out to touch his face her arm dropped down swiftly lifting up guitar case. “Would you play something for me?”
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:27 am

"But you are interesting to me," He smiled, "Really? You want to hear me play" he asked. "Of course I will." he said, taking his guitar case from her and taking his guitar out. He slipped the strap over his head. "I have to warn you....most of the songs I write and sing are love songs." He grinned at her, turning a small tape player on that his sister had recorded his friends back home on, without him and his guitar. Many of the songs had been done that way so he could practice alone.
    He started to play, and as the music continued he sang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF7cG5BagHY&feature=player_embedded

Last edited by Chepe Kojike on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:56 am

“Then woo me with a love song.” She tempted, batting her long eyelashes at him a flirtatious smile on her full lips. As Chepe prepared for his song Lena settled into the grass in front of him pulling Angel into her lap, scratching her between the ears as she waited patiently. As he began to sing she blinked in amazement, taken by surprise at the beauty in his voice. And Woo her he did. As the song came to an end Lena’s clapped her hands together leaning forward slightly, her curls spilling off of her shoulders. “That was amazing! You wrote that? You must really love the girl you wrote it for…” She couldn’t imagine having a guy write a song that beautiful for her. Chepe was truly talented, and with voice like that couple with his guitar, he could go places.
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:13 am

Chepe smiled shyly. "I don't have a girlfriend, so I can't say I did it for one." he said. Looking away from her a bit shyly, not really wanting to say what he was about to, he said "I never forgot you though...more of my songs than not were written because of you." laughing a little he said "I guess I never got over the daycare crush I had on you." Running one hand through his black hair, he said, "I bet you never picked up on that did you?"
    He looked at her, and patted Angel."I can play another one if you would like me to. I'll play as much as you want." he smiled. He was already ready to play again and so he decided to just do it. He watched Lena's face as he began the next song. swaying with the music, his long hair fanning out in the wind. Angel sat next to Lena, watching both of them. as the sky darkened and thunder began to rumble overhead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSmHfragRK4&feature=player_embedded

When he was done playing, he said, hearing the rumble of the thunder, "If you want to, you can come back to the dorms with me and we could catch up there, if you'd like to. It would be better than getting caught out in this storm." He quickly packed his guitar away again, and slipped the bag back over his shoulders. "I can play another one back at the dorm for you if you want me to." he said.

Last edited by Chepe Kojike on Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:18 pm

Lena was taken by surprise as Chepe admitted to his childhood crush, she’d honestly oblivious of it. She couldn’t see why anyone would have thought that way about her. As a child –and much so now- Lena had been rather wild and spontaneous, getting into all sorts of trouble craving the attention it brought her, that she never seemed to receive from her parents. Something she desperately wanted although it was never satisfying since attention was nothing compared to affection.

“No… I never did pick up on that.” She confessed bringing a free hand to her cheek, a deep blush spread over her face making her trail of freckles more noticeable. It was a hard thing to do, making Lena blush but Chepe had managed to twice in just a few hours. As he began playing again his voice capturing all her attention, Lena found herself lost so deeply in his music that she hadn’t noticed the budging storm clouds settling in over the island -much sooner than predicted- until they released a low grumbling sound of the thunder. Glancing up at the sky Lena gingerly got to her feet, responding to Chepe’s question, “Definitely, I would love to hear you play some more.” She was willing to brave the ride home in the storm in order to spend, if only a little more time with him.
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:30 pm

Chepe smiled, taking Lena's hand and said, "well are you ready?" as he and Angel headed back, with Lena to beat the storm home. Chepe looked at the sky...it looked like it was going to be quite the storm after all. Chepe couldn't wait to spend more time with Lena. He looked over at her.

https://raiisland.forumotion.com/t11-dorm-b02-chepe-kojiki-chuck-wilder-aaron-stepstone

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:26 am