Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
Comic Book Store Bar_left27%Comic Book Store Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
Comic Book Store Bar_left0%Comic Book Store Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Comic Book Store Bar_left9%Comic Book Store Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Comic Book Store Bar_left0%Comic Book Store Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Comic Book Store Bar_left45%Comic Book Store Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

3 posters

Comic Book Store

Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Comic Book Store Empty Comic Book Store

Post  Zelda Knight Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:52 pm

Zelda took rigid, agitated breaths as she set down a box filled with old books. Today was "Cranium Cleansing Day" as Tom, the boss' second in command, called it. All the employees were required to dig up all the old books that didn't sell, dust them off and put them back on the shelves or donate them. Throwing them away was an option too, and Zelda was all for it! If they didn't sell in the first place, why keep them in the back to collect dust for so long, or give it to someone who wasn't going to read it?

As for the icing on the cake, Tom was utterly annoying today, as he was everyday. He never shut his mouth and he wasn't lending a finger to help anyone! after picking a few rabid dust bunnies from her hair, the exasperated teen sat on the floor and began sorting through the old books. It wasn't until after looking at the third book that she began to place all the books in a clear trash bag to throw out. "Zelda, what are you doing?" a very nasally voice called to her.

Squinting her eyes a tad bit, Zelda said, "I'm doing what we do every "Cranium Cleansing Day" Tom," she said using air quotes. "I'm cleansing our cranium so we can have better focus for days to come." Her supervisor clicked his tongue, looked her up and down before saying,

"Well yes, but why are you putting those in the trash bag? Those can easily be put back up on the clearance shelves."

"But, no one reads these." said the brunette with just a hint of annoyance. Suddenly, Tom picked up one of the books in the trash entitled The Art of Organizing.

"This can go in the self-help section. Actually, I think this might be beneficial to you, Ms. Knight." He said with a dash of snide, only to mirror Zelda's annoyance. With that said, Tom gave her a quick artificial smile and went on his way. The small brunette, instead of taking her frustration out on her supervisor, reached for a pair of scissors and began cutting the pages out of that stupid organization book.

"Organization my ass," she grumbled. As much as she wanted to scream or pull her hair out she remembered, only 20 more minutes until her shift was over. It was so close, she could almost taste it! Sweet sweet freedom!
    Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Comic Book Store Empty Re: Comic Book Store

Post  Riza Kinsley Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:30 pm

Sweet sweet freedom... was rapidly becoming a distant memory for Riza, despite the fact that summer wasn't actually over quite yet. However, it wouldn't be long before it was time to hit the books; hit them directly on the target painted on the short teen's forehead. Honestly, how had the time gotten away from her? One minute she's flushing tomato red at some weirdo that claimed to have an interest in her, the next, going to meet up with her new-found best friend at the mall for a movie. She didn't usually have money to go, but it had been a while since she had asked her mom for anything, and she decided to take a chance and ask. She wasn't dying to see Kick Ass 2, per se, but Zelda's excitement for the movie was all the convincing she needed that she would have fun anyway.

Walking with the intent to get to the comic store for a quick browse before it was closed, Riza was stopped by her phone alerting her to a new text. There weren't too many people who would text her out of the blue, but pulling the phone out of her light gray jacket revealed the evidence of a very bored Erek. She wasn't certain how the two of them became friends. He was absolutely gorgeous... and completely incurable of his lack of personality. Through a little work, okay, a lot of work, one could get to know some of the inner-thoughts of the purple-haired man, but as it stands, Erek was just a pretty face. A pretty face that she had come to call friend. They were still working out some kinks; Riza's temper sometimes got the better of her and she snapped at Erek when she found him particularly irritating, and Erek would snap back, thinking that all she wanted was a fight, and would therefore provide it.

Mulling over her options, Riza hoped that Zelda wouldn't mind an extra to their little party. No one usually minds Erek. To many, he's simply the charming, questionably straight guy with nice hair. He never spent enough time around anyone to get them well and truly annoyed. Riza was certain that together they could figure out a way to put that charm to better use, or rather, she was somewhat certain. She'd never been one for confidence. But for her friend, and for her own peace of mind, she would try.

Telling him to get his butt in gear and meet her outside the comic book store in 15, Riza slowed her pace a bit. The books would have to wait a little longer.
    Erek Rivers
    Erek Rivers

Post  Erek Rivers Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:09 am

Erek was in the midst of getting dressed when his inquiring text was answered. That was pretty fast for Riza, he mused. Usually, in the absence of the luck that seemed to be smiling upon him today, he would get a reply from his small friend within a two hour time frame. These past few minutes had to be some sort of record. Chuckling at the terse reply, he finished getting into a presentable state and made his way for the door, making sure to alert the staff that his mischievous sisters would need watching for the day. Setting a brisk pace, Erek noted how good it felt to have the wind blowing his hair in whichever direction it chose, and concreted his feeling that today would be a good one.

It wasn't long before the form of his honorary sister could be made out standing a few feet away from the comic book store, and a brief gleam entered his eye. The twins didn't learn their mischievousness from just anyone. In a moment of inspiration, he crept up behind the brunette and swept her up bridal style before parading her into the store for any onlookers who might be bothered to stare. His father would gawk at such a display, but Erek figured that as long as it didn't happen in a place he was likely to embarrass his family, it might be okay. Besides, he knew that despite the red-faced protests and shrieks to put her down, Riza loved the attention and it was his aim to please.

Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Post  Zelda Knight Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:03 am

The electronic ding dong of the door seemed to go in one of Zelda's ears and out of the other. She was too busy taking her anger out on that organization book. If anything, she should've made her own called The Art of Destruction. Setting the book back in the pile to be thrown away, Zelda lifted her head, saying "Ri-!" but was stricken with shock and awe. Shock because her petite friend was being carried by a giant it seemed like and awe because, well, he was gorgeous.

"Za..." she finished. "Jeez! What'd you do!? Get a good looking boyfriend over night or something!? What's your secret? C'mon, tell me!" the brunette finished. Of all the things about that mysterious man, Zelda was absolutely, positively in love with that mane of his! Just one touch, and she would be content for the rest of the day.
    Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Post  Riza Kinsley Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:29 am

"Put me down, you big oaf! What are you, ten?!" Riza shrieked, face inflamed. And really? Was she doomed to eternal embarrassment caused by being in close proximity to this store? It certainly seemed like the beginning of a trend; a trend Riza was none too happy about. However, Riza had to say that her disgruntlement took a back seat when she caught the look on Zelda's face. Her lips parted to form a large smile as she listened to the brunette of small stature inquire about her secrets. Riza liked the idea of replying very much, but she preferred to do so on the safety of the ground. She wiggled around in her makeshift carrier and huffed out, "Alright, party's over. Let me go, you're embarrassing." She instantly regretted her word choice, and the resulting fumble for some sort of solid purchase on the ground was something she would take full blame for. Of course Erek stumbled out an apology and helped to steady Riza, but she would have none of it. "No, I'm sorry. I'm afraid I'm renowned for my poor choice in words, and sometimes my lack-thereof. Didn't I ever say?" She laid a comforting hand on his forearm and reassured him, "You may be embarrassing, but you're my embarrassment." That seemed to placate Erek, so Riza turned her attention on her friend hard at work.

"This is Erek, and while he's nice to look at, no, he's just a friend. Totally fair game if you're into that," she smirked, adding in a wink towards the man in question to let him know she was teasing.

Last edited by Riza Kinsley on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Post  Zelda Knight Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:25 am

Just as her small friend confirmed that the two of them were in fact single, Zelda bought her hands to her cheeks, feigning embarrassment. "Oh Riza, how could you put me on the spot like that? Fair game? I don't have any intentions like that, you should know that!" Giggling at her own shenanigans, the tiny girl rose up from her place on the ground and dusted off her skirt. She stood there for a moment in silence before saying to Riza,

"Well? Don't I get an introduction like he does? Maybe something like y'know, 'Although she's adorable we're totally not dating or anything like that, I swear'. No? Alright then, fine." Flashing a pretty genuine smile, Zelda began to introduce herself.

"Heya Erek, I-" At that moment, the brunette noticed one of the clocks right behind the lavender haired beauty. "Am outta here!" she finished before racing to the back of the store, yelling, "Lemme just clock out and then we can go reek havoc on the world!"
    Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Post  Riza Kinsley Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Riza couldn't help but smile at her friend's cheeky words. "You may say that, but I wouldn't blame you for trying." Shifting her attention back to Erek, she decided to play along with Zelda's feigned hurt, "That's Zelda. Although she's the cutest thing to walk on two legs, we're not dating. But it's not like you need to know that." She had raised the volume of her voice with the hope that it would carry to the brunette who seemed to be on a very important mission.

At the mention of bringing havoc to the unsuspecting world, Riza clasped her hands together in glee as she was reminded that she had yet to tell Erek what it is they were doing today. "Oh yeah, we're watching Kick Ass 2 today, so I hope you're into that. If not, you're the one that was bored~." Her blue eyes scanned over her tall friend and gave a short nod of approval. "Your hair looks nice today." He knew she had a thing for hair, so the brunette had no qualms about gushing over it.
    Erek Rivers
    Erek Rivers

Post  Erek Rivers Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:23 pm

Having what just occurred be a complete accident did not temper the guilt that ran through Erek at having dropped his best friend. He immediately went to apologize and help Riza up, the latter of which she accepted; the first, she instantly waved off. He didn't feel right having her take the blame, but this was something she knew, if the resulting stare he got was any indication. The words that followed after were kind, but he continued to hold a disapproving stare because of the self-deprecation that often colored Riza's words. He sighed, grabbing the end of a few strands of hair in both hands, before mumbling another apology. People liked apologies. It made them feel superior. Why Riza would not accept his was a mystery he couldn't figure out.

Having hit a mental wall in that line of thought, Erek's hands tightened on the strands unconsciously as the words "you're embarrassing" circled around his mind. But instead of Riza's high pitched voice, it was now the rough, agitated one his father's, the face of his mother in the background, but just as unforgiving. He couldn't keep making mistakes, they had said. A comforting arm brought him back to the here and now, and he let his arms drop to his side. He could be respectable; he knew he could. But he was also tailoring himself to a particular 'client' at the moment, and Riza was a bit more difficult than the run of the mill clients.

Nodding to himself, he smiled pleasantly during his rather interesting introduction to Zelda. He could certainly see that click when you find a best friend. The banter, the juxtaposition of Riza's general quietness to Zelda's spunk; definitely a winning combination. He chuckled at Zelda's eagerness, before returning his attention back to Riza. She was gearing up to tell him what they were going to do, as she had neglected to do so in her text. He'd heard of the movie, but didn't know if it was something he would enjoy since he hadn't had the chance to see the first one. Not exactly a movie connoisseur, but always happy to spend time with a friend or two, he shrugged off Riza's teasing about him being bored. "I'm sure it'll be fine, squirt," he threw in a retort of his own, satisfied as the brunette puffed up in mock agitation. Deflating, she acquiesced, "Fine, I guess I deserved that." Following this was a compliment to his hair, and his smile broadened. If it was one thing Erek was confident in, it was that Riza would always be pleased with his hair. Taking it as his cue, he turned so that his long locks were facing the brunette, and allowed her to play with his hair while they waited for Zelda's return.

Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Post  Zelda Knight Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:16 am

Skipping back to the brighter side of the store, Zelda spun around about three times before gracefully bumping into her shy brunette friend. She gave a semi-apologetic look as she couldn't fully stop the silly grin from forming on her lips. "Oops," she managed to giggle out, before completely bursting out in a roar of laughter. "Haha, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to bump you like that... At least not that hard anyway."

Zelda's cheeks were rosy red from laughter; she could tell because they felt as if they were on fire! Swaying from side to side a bit awkwardly, Zelda added hurridly, "Okay movie dates, let's go watch something, before we miss it! C'mon!" With that, the tiny brunette grabbed Riza's wrist and led her dates out of the the store. Hopefully she saved herself from getting a big scolding as she knew Riza would not be too shy to chew her out in front of the whole store - her tall and handsome man friend included!
    Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Post  Riza Kinsley Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:46 am

Zelda was certainly bubbly at the moment, Riza mused as she was pulled along to the outside of the store. Perhaps it was the metaphorical shackles that now held her back no longer, or maybe the appreciative gleam in her eye as she took in Erek's appearance, that gave an extra spark to her easily excitable friend. Then again, therein lies the base of it all. Riza had to admit she was excited to be hanging out with good friends; nothing put her in a good mood faster. It felt good to know her presence was valued. Smiling softly, but internally plotting revenge for the 'accidental' bump from earlier, she stopped and feigned the scenario of having dropped something on the floor. This was done as unassumingly as Riza could muster, but as soon as the brunette who was practically beside herself with laughter turned, she gave a quick pinch to the bum in front of her. Erek wasn't the only one who knew how to put on a good show. With nary a falter in step, Riza swept up her friend's wrist and swung their hands to and fro, enjoying a laugh of her own while she extended the invitation to hold hands to Erek.
    Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Post  Zelda Knight Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:51 am

Letting out a rather loud gasp, Zelda tried her best to give Riza one of her sternest glares, but who was she kidding? She could only give a loud laugh alongside her quieter friend as she took hold of her wrist and began to swing their arms back and forth. “Really? Pinching my non-existent butt? I didn’t know you had the hots for me, Riza.” Giving another giggle Zelda reached into her skirt pocket to check if she had her small purse to pay for her ticket and food. Turning to her movie dates, Zelda gave them a bright smile. “So, are you guys excited? Cause I sure am! Ah, I can’t wait to watch it!” The brunette was practically bubbling with excitement! Just a moment ago, she was rather annoyed at her supervisor and at her job but now, she truly felt happy. Maybe it was just the little things in life that revved her up, like going to movies with friends – well a friend and her other hot friend.

https://raiisland.forumotion.com/t132-the-movie-theater

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:23 pm