Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
Comic Book Store: Day 4 Bar_left27%Comic Book Store: Day 4 Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
Comic Book Store: Day 4 Bar_left0%Comic Book Store: Day 4 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Comic Book Store: Day 4 Bar_left9%Comic Book Store: Day 4 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Comic Book Store: Day 4 Bar_left0%Comic Book Store: Day 4 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Comic Book Store: Day 4 Bar_left45%Comic Book Store: Day 4 Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

4 posters

Comic Book Store: Day 4

Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Comic Book Store: Day 4 Empty Comic Book Store: Day 4

Post  Zelda Knight Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:49 am

"Oh God, I'm so bored!" Zelda cried, slumping onto the counter. This was pointless. No one really came in to shop in the morning; especially on a school day! It was surprising that four or five geeks were actually in here right now. Probably skipping school. she though, rolling her eyes. She'd much rather be here in the afternoon, since that was when more people came, but that conflicted with her schedule for class. Hmmm... and Lori's in class, isn't she? Then it suddenly hit her! Pulling out her cellphone, Zelda decided she'd send her a little text.

Hey there pretty lady! How's about you ditch class and come spend time with me ;) Bwahahahaha!

Satisfied with her message, she slumped right back on the counter. Well, it wasn't so bad. At least she got paid for doing nothing. But then, it hit her; again! She was in a comic book store! Might as well read everything. Well, everything cool anyway. Leaving her post at the counter, she plopped down on a soft, red bean bag chair. She took out a random Justice League comic and began reading. This was going to be awesome!
    Doug Michaels
    Doug Michaels

Comic Book Store: Day 4 Empty Re: Comic Book Store: Day 4

Post  Doug Michaels Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:04 am

Doug and Clarke were in the mall, because Doug was going to look at some stuff for his cousin who had come to live with him. Doug had no idea what a 14year old kid would like but he knew Chander wasn't picky about his reading material. Spotting a comic book store, Doug glanced at his friend. "Do you think we should bother going in here?" he asked him. After getting a nod from Clarke, he opened the door and led the way inside, looking around at all the stuff in the store, the serious boy almost turned and walked out.
    Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Post  Zelda Knight Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:31 am

Hearing the the melodic ding dong meant that someone must have either left or entered. Glancing at the door, Zelda spotted two new costumers. Great, now she actually had to work. Sighing, she headed back over to the cash register, book still in hand. She kept reading though, they'd probably out faster than she knew it. "Hey," One of her coworkers called to her. "We just got a couple of new shipments. Where do I put em?"

"In the back." She said, her eyes never leaving the book. As if it wasn't obvious. Where was he going to put it? On top of one of the bookshelves? People amazed her. Well, their stupidity amazed her, anyway.
    Doug Michaels
    Doug Michaels

Post  Doug Michaels Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:40 am

Doug stood there looking at some of the comics. "Which ones do you think Chander would like?" he asked Clarke as he picked up a couple to inspect before he put them back very carefully. "This isn't my kind of place." he said under his breath.

Post  Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:50 am

Clarke was looking around. "Maybe this..." he said picking up a couple comics, "Or this?" he pointed at a couple others. He walked a little further, still looking at more comics. He looked up and caught a glimpse of a young girl. Shocked, he moved swiftly back to his friend. "Oh my God!" He said. "Are they breaking child labor laws here?? LOOK at that girl!" He whispered under his breath.
    Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Post  Riza Kinsley Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:20 pm

A serious look adorned Riza's face as she entered Amore Mall's ground floor. She wasn't particularly angry, per se, just a bit lost. Her mind was a flurry of indecision, as it had been for the past four days. Lissa was so busy with school that she didn't have much spare time for Riza anymore, leaving the brunette to entertain herself. It wasn't hard to do most of the time, but Riza had been itching to get out of the house, so it was no wonder that she found herself in the mall, hoping that the comic book store had just the smallest collection of manga.

Walking in, she took cautious steps. This was only the second time she had been in here, and as she didn't usually read Western comics, Riza felt slightly out of place. Skimming through the books on a random shelf, she happened to look in the direction of a girl, almost the same height as herself. "Kawaii", Riza mumbled out loud before she realized it, but the kid was adorable. Distracted, Riza's hand accidentally toppled over the books that she had been looking at. Wincing, she bent down to pick up the books from the ground, hoping she hadn't drawn too much attention.
    Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Post  Zelda Knight Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:45 pm

The sound of books falling to the ground caught Zelda's attention. Lifting her head from the book, her eyes locked briefly with a pair of blue eyes before the girl turned to pick up the books she dropped. Zelda watched her for a bit. She looked a bit young. Was she cutting school too? Then again, Zelda looked young, and she wasn't cutting school. Setting her book by the cash register, she decided she'd help her pick up the books. Besides, some people had put some books in the wrong section. "You should be more careful," Zelda smiled, putting a few books on the shelf. She held on to about four books that were supposed to go in a different section. "How come you're here? Don't you have class or something?" She asked. Zelda was always blunt. She never really cared about what the consequence was - if there was any- but she was always told that her feeling matter, so she might as well share them.
    Doug Michaels
    Doug Michaels

Post  Doug Michaels Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Doug was about to answer Clarke when the unmistakable sound of books crashing to the floor startled him. He hurried over to the source of the noise. Doug loved books and he was sad to see so many lying in a heap on the floor. He looked up at the two girls. "Would you like some help with these?" he asked in a slow, easy voice, offering to help restack them. He smiled at them, waiting for a reply. He thought both the girls looked young and he wondered if Clarke might possibly have a point. The small girl looked like she belonged in school...but then so did the other one.
    Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Post  Zelda Knight Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Zelda's wait for the girl's answer was cut short by one of the earlier costumer's offer to help. She turned to look at him, debating whether she should accept it or not. After all, it was her job. "Uh, I guess help would be nice." She answered finally. "But uh, some of the books don't belong on this shelf,so I'd appreciate it if you didn't put em up there." Turning away from the guy with glasses, she proceeded to put a couple books on the shelf opposite of them. One book needed to be on a self that was a bit high. Determined, Zelda stood on her toes, shakily attempting to put the book in it's rightful place. Narrowing her eyes, she stuck her tongue out a bit, trying to get the book on the shelf. "Almost got it," She mumbled to herself.
    Doug Michaels
    Doug Michaels

Post  Doug Michaels Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:34 pm

"I can put that one away if you'd like me to." Doug said easily. "It won't be hard for me to do it and I am willing to help out. And which of these other books belong stacked and which ones belong on the shelf?" he asked her in his serious voice. He moved casually to the shelf where Zelda was trying to put the book away.
    Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Post  Riza Kinsley Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:24 pm

Riza flushed at the girl's reprimand, the red color in her face only growing as the girl commented on her not being in class. She wasn't so sure the tiny brunette had any room to talk, looking no older than thirteen herself, but she could not comment on the fact; she was too busy repeating her apologies. "I'm really really sorry. I made such a mess. I'm soooo sorry," her mouth went a mile a minute, the sound coming from below as she crouched to pick up the books. To make matters worse, a complete stranger had arrived to offer his help. She was just about to decline it, as it was her mess and therefore her responsibility, but the employee beat her to the punch, actually voicing the opposite of what Riza had wanted to say. Getting back up from the floor, she noticed the girl stretching to put a book that was supposed to be on one of the higher shelves. Being only minimally taller than her, Riza could offer no assistance. However, even if she could, she probably wouldn't. She knew the pride of a shorter person was mighty, and this girl was obviously very determined to do this on her own, so she shuffled her arms about, preparing to place the books she had managed to gather for herself back where she thought they belonged. She clucked in disapproval as she heard the boy offer to help put back the book that the girl was struggling to do so on her own. Clearly he didn't understand the situation for what it was.
    Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Post  Zelda Knight Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:09 pm

As the book finally slid onto to the shelf, Zelda relaxed her body. "Yes! I effin did it! Oh yeah! I'm the man!" She cheered, triumphantly punching her fist in the air. Zelda has always had a love-hate relationship with her height. Although she couldn't reach certain things, or go on certain rides, she did get away with a couple of things. Her family wasn't very big on money, so she'd always make sure to get discounts by pretending to be a child. Turning around, Zelda went through the pile of books, picking up all the ones that belonged in other sections. When she was sure she got all of them, she looked up at the dude with glasses. "Okay, so that stuff can go on the shelf here." She pointed to where the other girl with the brown hair was. "I'm gonna put these where they belong. Thanks.' She grinned, picking up a couple of books.
    Doug Michaels
    Doug Michaels

Post  Doug Michaels Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:54 pm

Doug looked at the shelf and took the books from her. "My name is Doug." he said as he quickly and carefully shelved the books. He was always gentle with them. His own book collection was very dear to him and very well cared for.

When he was finished putting the books where she had told him to. "Are there any more you would like me to help with?" he asked.

Last edited by Doug Michaels on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Post  Zelda Knight Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:30 pm

"Hmm? Oh, nice to meet ya Doug." Zelda smiled, although it may have been a bit rude to say that with her back to him, she wanted to get all these books packed up before her boss came over and decided to chew her out on things she could care less about. Finally packing up the last of the books, she turned to face Doug. "Wha? Dude, you don't even work here, don't sweat it." She grinned, waving her hand in the air dismissively. It was like this guy wanted to work for free or something. Well if he did, she'd get paid more money for less work. Still, that wasn't really right. Sometimes, she wished she didn't have a conscience. "N how're you doin over there?" She asked, turning to get a better look at the girl.
    Doug Michaels
    Doug Michaels

Post  Doug Michaels Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:45 pm

"If you're sure," he said in his even voice. "i don't have a problem helping, but I do understand a sense of responsibility." He said it with a completely straight face. "if you decide you need more help just let me know." he said.
    Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Post  Riza Kinsley Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:07 pm

Riza stumbled on her words some more before she decided to just ask the girl for what she was looking for. "Umm, hi. Does this store, by any chance, umm, carry manga?" Internally, she was facepalming. She probably looked and sounded like an idiot, on top of being clumsy. The redness in her face stayed put, but she was determined to maintain eye contact as she asked for help. She could always avoid this place like the plague if things got any worse than it already was.
    Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Post  Zelda Knight Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:14 pm

Zelda blinked before answering the girl's question. "Manga? Oh they're in the-" A buzzing sound from her pocket caught her attention. Pulling out her phone, she smiled once she saw who it was from. Her expression, however, fell as soon as she read Lorilynn's simple answer.

As if.

"No! She rejected meeee!" Zelda whined, texting back a couple of sad faces to her before slipping her phone back in her skirt pocket. Coming back to her senses, she realized she hadn't answered the girl's question. "Manga, right? Yeah... They're in the back." She said moodily, pointing her thumb to the direction of the books. Warily retreating to her spot at the cash register, she cried "Ugh, I'm gonna die!" Among other things about how bored she was.
    Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Post  Riza Kinsley Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Riza jumped a bit at the girl's reaction to what must have been a very depressing text, but she didn't pry. If anything, that would only accomplish adding nosy to her growing list of negatives. So, she just said a quick thank you, before hurrying off to the back. Fairly pleased at the selection she had to choose from, she made sure to be extra careful this time, and only plucked up one book. Riza eyed the 10th volume of Fruits Basket that she had been meaning to read with glee, plopping onto the ground in her ankle length white skirt and settling in for a good read.
    Doug Michaels
    Doug Michaels

Post  Doug Michaels Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:47 pm

Doug looked at the girls and then back at all the shelves. Sighing, he decided to leave and he would bring his cousin Chander back with him so he could pick his own books. He really didn't have a clue as to what his cousin liked to read so why on earth had he risked making himself look like an idiot and come in here in the first place?

Turning away from the girls as e said "Goodbye..I'll bring my cousin back later if that's all right?" heading out the door he said, "Clarke I'm ready but if you want to stay you can." He waved at the girls as he left the store.
    Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Post  Zelda Knight Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Catching Doug's wave, Zelda nodded and called out to him "Mhmm! See ya later dude!" Going back to her place in the comic, she thought about what she was going to do for now. She wasn't even enjoying the comic, just looking through the pictures. She did have an assignment for one of her art classes due next week but it wasn't due till next week. She could just start it the night before and finish it in the morning; everything would be fine. taking her eyes off the book, she sighed. She might as well put it back. Walking near the back of the store, Zelda was going to put the book away, until she remembered seeing the clumsy girl from earlier. She decided to mess with her a little. Zelda stifled a giggle, then put on a straight face before walking up the girl, who was now on the floor reading. "Excuse me, miss," She said in an authoritative voice. "You cannot read manga in here like that. You need to purchase before you read, otherwise, I will have to ask you to leave."
    Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Post  Riza Kinsley Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:32 pm

Riza was pulled out of the land of beautiful creatures and their heartbreak by the tiny employee from earlier. She hadn't realized that the store had a no reading on site policy, but her cheeks burned almost brighter than when she had toppled over the books, and a faint sheen of unshed tears fell over her eyes. Jumping up, she started to apologize."I'm really sorry! I didn't know. I'll buy it right now. Ughh, you must really think that I'm stupid or something. I'm so so sorry." She was really glad that she had thought to bring some spare cash just in case; otherwise she'd be up a creek without a paddle. As soon as she payed for the manga, Riza would be out of here in a flash, never to be seen again if she had any say in the matter.
    Noah Brennan
    Noah Brennan

Post  Noah Brennan Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:34 pm

Noah had left the school, not intending to go back for the art class. He really hadn't wanted to stay for PE and he decided to go to the mall for his niece instead. Looking at the list of books in his hand that she had given him, Noah walked through the mall. I know Krystal said there was a comic store somewhere...I'll be danged if I know where it is. he thought. It took him a little while to find the right place, but finally he made it after a very long walk.

Shaking his short, bleached hair out of his eyes, he opened the door and strolled casually inside. Looking around for a worker, or someone who might know if they had anything on his list, he noticed the two girls talking. He hung back waiting to see if anyone was around. The smaller of the two girls looked too young to be working in a store. The other girl looked terribly embarrassed about something, her cheeks as red as a tomato. He thought she looked like she wanted to disappear right that second and he shook his head, wondering what could have caused a reaction like that.
    Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Post  Zelda Knight Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:34 pm

Zelda's expression slowly changed from a hard, stony stare to a goofy smirk. Her cheeks flushed a light pink as she snickered. She almost felt sorry for the girl, but her reaction was priceless! Deciding she couldn't hold it in any more, Zelda laughed; hard. It took a while, but she finally calmed down, giving a small giggle, and flashed a grin at the girl before her. "Haha, dude, I don't think you're stupid. I was just messin with ya. I mean, yeah, we do have that no reading rule, but I never follow through with it. It's stupid." To be honest, no one liked that rule. If the boss wasn't around, no one would say a word to the costumers. Well, no one except Tom, but Tom was a prick so he didn't matter. Noticing the tears forming in the girl's eyes, she scratched the back of her head nervously. Now she felt kind of bad for scaring the girl like that. Kind of. "Uh, hey, my bad. Haha... Some way to meet someone, huh?" She laughed. "Lemme start over. Yo, I'm Zelda..." glancing down at her shirt, she mentally slapped herself. "...And you probably know this cause I'm wearing a name tag. But uh, yeah... What's yours?"
    Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Post  Riza Kinsley Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:18 pm

Eyes still cloudy, Riza stood ramrod straight. She was messing with me? Now Riza was red for a different reason: anger. Clenching her fists at her sides, she tried to calm herself down. After all, the rule did exist, which means that everything Zelda said had technically been right. However, Riza didn't like the idea of being the butt of the joke; she's been done with that idea since elementary school. Taking a shuddering breath, Riza actually had to refrain from chuckling when Zelda formally introduced herself. "You mean, like the videogame?" She felt kind of stupid for asking, but Zelda could deal with it since she had chosen Riza as the victim of her teasing; this was the result. It wasn't meant to be a mean comment, but somewhat of a joke of her own.
    Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Post  Zelda Knight Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:57 pm

"Hahaha, yeah! Kick ass name huh?" Zelda laughed. She'd loved to play The Legend of Zelda™ series as much as the next nerd, and thought this kid was quite cool for making the reference. Surprisingly, only a few people ever made that reference. "Yeah, I had a temporary tattoo once of the Triforce on my hand n everything. Might get another one pretty soon; if they have any tattoo parlors here. I haven't seen any around yet." Putting both her arms behind her head, she gave the girl a more softer smile. "So, you got a cool name, too?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:11 pm