Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
Comic Book Store: Day 4 - Page 2 Bar_left27%Comic Book Store: Day 4 - Page 2 Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
Comic Book Store: Day 4 - Page 2 Bar_left0%Comic Book Store: Day 4 - Page 2 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Comic Book Store: Day 4 - Page 2 Bar_left9%Comic Book Store: Day 4 - Page 2 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Comic Book Store: Day 4 - Page 2 Bar_left0%Comic Book Store: Day 4 - Page 2 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Comic Book Store: Day 4 - Page 2 Bar_left9%Comic Book Store: Day 4 - Page 2 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Comic Book Store: Day 4 - Page 2 Bar_left45%Comic Book Store: Day 4 - Page 2 Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

4 posters

Comic Book Store: Day 4

Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Comic Book Store: Day 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Comic Book Store: Day 4

Post  Riza Kinsley Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:24 am

Riza wanted to stay mad at this girl, but Zelda was making it harder by the second. She was just too cool. Unconsciously smiling, she put both of her arms together and intertwined her fingers, molding them so they looked like a gun that was pointing at Zelda. "Riza, at your service." However, she quickly realized that it wasn't a one hundred percent chance that Zelda would get the Fullmetal Alchemist reference, so she quickly put her hands back down, the redness that had just started to die down springing back up like a rekindled fire. Coughing a bit, she redirected her thoughts. "Yes, well, I've actually been thinking about getting a tattoo as well. Haven't made a clear decision yet, though." Laughing a tad nervously, she added, "Not like it matters right now. I still have to wait about a year and a half."
    Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Post  Zelda Knight Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:41 am

Zelda definitely knew a Full Metal Alchemist reference when she saw one. Giving a small giggle, she said, "Oh! What a name! I'm definitely having you as my nerd buddy. FMA, huh? That's so cool!" Zelda then launched into a conversation with Riza about different anime and manga they she'd seen and read. She wasn't surprised, however, when Riza told her that she wouldn't be able to get a tattoo just as yet. "A year and a half to get a tattoo, huh? How old are you?" she asked, tilting her head to the side.
    Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Post  Riza Kinsley Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:59 am

Riza stared wide-eyed as Zelda proved yet again just how awesome she was. Being called a nerd buddy was unexpected but in a good way. Her normally somewhat standoffish attitude was thrown aside as she conversed with Zelda about anime and manga. At the question about her age, she sighed. It wasn't directed at Zelda, but at the thought of how annoying that question would be once she started classes. Shaking it off, she said, "Oh, I'm sixteen, but I'll be seventeen at the end of October." Riza was beaming now as she told her, "My birthday is on Halloween." Some people might be upset about having a birthday on special occasions such as that, but for Riza, how could she complain about candy, costumes, and presents on her birthday every year.
    Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Post  Zelda Knight Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:17 pm

"So, you could actually dress up as Riza Hawkeye on your birthday. That'd be pretty cool. Well, you could dress up as her everyday, but it'd be more normal on Halloween. But then again, who wants to be normal?" Zelda laughed. This kid was pretty cool so far, but she did wonder why she wasn't in school. Maybe she was cutting? Zelda wouldn't know if she didn't ask. "So, what brings you here? Besides the manga. Don't you have school, or something?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.
    Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Post  Riza Kinsley Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:07 pm

Riza's eyes lit up at the comment on dressing up as Riza Hawkeye. Clasping her hands together in front of her, she said animatedly, "I haven't even thought about that! What an awesome idea." She agreed full-heartedly about being normal. Who wanted that? However, Riza's smile faltered a bit when Zelda broached the subject of her possibly skipping class. She supposed it was only natural; she looked very much her age. Placing one hand on her hip, the other reaching up to scratch at her cheek, she explained. "Well, uh, long story short, I was put in school a year earlier than I normally would have been, and I skipped the first grade, but before you mention it, I'll tell you myself. I'm not some crazy genius," she laughed a bit, "I was smart for my age, but it's mellowed out since then. And to directly answer your question, no, I don't have class. I graduated high school just this past school year." She then stopped to look at Zelda, just in case she had any other questions.
    Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Post  Zelda Knight Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:33 pm

Listening to Riza's explanation made Zelda a bit jealous. She would love to be her age and in college; it just seemed like it would be a lot of fun! Making a couple of weird faces before forming a pout, Zelda cried out, "I wanna be sixteen again! Ahhhh!" After her mini episode, she perked up a bit, asking Riza if she was currently attending college. "Oh, and if you are what classes are ya taking? I'm in mostly art classes. Hey, tell me if you're taking any art classes, so I know you're in at least one of my classes."
    Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Post  Riza Kinsley Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:21 am

Riza jumped slightly at Zelda's outburst. Feeling a little upset that she kept getting riled up today, she mock scowled at Zelda. "You have got to stop scaring me like that!" She then paused. Sixteen again? "Just how old are you?" She hadn't meant to sound so accusatory; it just sort of slipped out unchecked. However, it was too late now to take the words back; the only thing to do now was to answer the question directed at herself. "I am going into my first year of college," she told Zelda with a smile. "And it's actually slipped my mind what classes I'm taking this semester," she admitted a little bashfully, "but if we exchange numbers, I'd be happy to let you know once I look at my schedule again?" Riza was a little red in the face; she wasn't positive if Zelda, no matter how cool she was, wouldn't freak out that someone who was just very recently a stranger was asking for that kind of information.
    Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Post  Zelda Knight Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:28 am

"Huh? Oh! I turned eighteen about a month ago." Zelda said, putting her hands up to her rosy red cheeks as she smiled sheepishly. "I don't really look like it, huh~?" At this time she, shook her head from side to side, acting as if she truly was a child. Dropping the act, she removed her hands from her face and smiled. "What a coincidence! I'm in my first year too!" She listened patiently as Riza answered her question, and broke into a very wide grin when she mentioned exchanging numbers. She put one hand on her cheek, the other was fanning Riza away as she faked embarrassment. "Oh Riza, you're so bold! If you wanted my number this whole time, you should have just asked! Now you've got me blushing!" Laughing, Zelda reached into her skirt pocket and handed Riza her cell phone. "Here, put your number in. And don't even think about making off with my phone either!" Zelda said jokingly.
    Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Post  Riza Kinsley Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:11 pm

Riza stared dumbstruck as Zelda told her her age. "You really don't; that's so... well, I'm not sure. It must get annoying sometimes, people mistaking you for this cute little girl." Her slight confusion was swiftly chased away by her ever-growing embarrassment at Zelda's act of coyness, but she couldn't help but chuckle when Zelda broke it in lieu of laughing. She was just about to punch her number into the cellphone when someone caught her attention from the corner of her eye. Looking up, Riza forgot to breathe for a moment. Her face heating up spectacularly, she fought to remain calm as she stared at the gorgeous creature in front of her. Almost staring for too long, it took some willpower to look back to Zelda, and tell her nonchalantly, "I believe you have a customer, Zelda. He looks like he might need your assistance," the redness in her face still firmly in place, even as the guilt rose up as she realized that she had been the reason the guy had been ignored until now.
    Noah Brennan
    Noah Brennan

Post  Noah Brennan Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:01 pm

Noah smiled at the girl who had noticed him first, and hearing what she said to the smaller girl, he approached them with his relaxed smile still on his face. He had thought she was a kid, but she was obviously not, if she was working there. "Hello," he said when he reached them. He thought that the older looking of the two girls was rather pretty.

"My name is Noah Brennan. Yours is..?" He flashed another smile at Riza before continuing. "I go to the local college, and my niece asked me to come pick up some things for her." He showed her the list that his niece Kate had given him, holding it so that the smaller girl could see as well. This brought him in closer proximity to Riza, which didn't faze him in the least.
    Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Post  Riza Kinsley Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:34 pm

Riza bit her bottom lip to keep from acting like an idiot. He's just being friendly, she berated herself. No reason to get all worked up. As he introduced himself, Riza sank back a little so that she wouldn't get in the way of Zelda's work. Besides, she had no reason to be nosy right now, no matter how much she wanted to be to stand close to the stranger. Hoping to calm herself down, Riza looked down to do as she intended with the phone in her hands, remembering with a smile Zelda's comment about taking it on accident.
    Noah Brennan
    Noah Brennan

Post  Noah Brennan Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:42 pm

Still smiling, Noah looked at Riza. "You shy? Don't need to be around me. I don't mind you standing there-After all you were here first." he said. "You can look at this list too. Maybe you know some of them, since I don't know ANY of them. My niece asked me to see if I could find these for her, but I am completely clueless." He winked at her. "What's your name? I gave you mine." he grinned at her. "Do you go to school around here?" Noah looked down at Zelda. "And what's your name?"
    Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Post  Zelda Knight Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:14 pm

Zelda was about to explain to Riza her art of playing cute and little to get what she needed, but the new customer seemed to grab her attention. Ah well, I guess play time is over. After introducing herself to Noah, Zelda took the list from Noah's hand and skimmed through it, murmuring the names of each book. She stood silent for a moment before calling out to another employee. "Yo, Krystal! Come here!" As the girl named Krystal made her was over to the group, Zelda explained that most of the books weren't on the shelves, and asked her to see what she could find in the back. "I'll be back, I'm gonna go get the other ones you wanted." She disappeared behind a nearby bookshelf, but popped her head back out again. She gave Riza a mock glare, saying, "When I get back, you and my phone better still be there." Once again, she disappeared behind the bookshelf to search for the list of books Noah asked for.
    Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Post  Riza Kinsley Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Riza planned to insist to Noah that she had no idea where anything in the store was, but was saved by Zelda as she took charge of the situation. She looked away when Noah asked if she was shy; he had no idea that she was trying to not look like a complete idiot. Riza's eyes widened as she witnessed the wink, completely enthralled, but also a little worried. She was so used to being the one that was ignored in favor of her prettier friends that this was new territory. Trying to get her mouth to work, she hastily murmured, "My name is Riza. I'm going to attend my first year of college here." The whole time, she was still trying to convince herself that if she were any more obvious, he would see right through her, and might laugh at her for thinking he was attractive. He was probably already taken anyway. That's usually how the story went.

As Zelda walked away, Riza did chuckle behind her left hand, but then the reality that she had just left her alone with Noah set in, and her stomach filled with dread. She silently pleaded that Zelda would make a swift return, and turned back to Noah apprehensively, unsure of what to say.
    Noah Brennan
    Noah Brennan

Post  Noah Brennan Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:20 pm

Noah smiled. "Riza......what a pretty name." He looked at her with a curious expression. "I'm in my second year of college." He was very relaxed as he said, I'm sure we'll see each other around, then. It'll be nice to get to know all the new students. I'll definitely enjoy the chance to get to know you better Riza."

As Zelda left, Noah turned his entire focus to Riza. "So are you looking forward to starting college?" he asked. "I sure was my first year. I couldn't wait." Noah gave her a small smile. "You look kind of nervous. Is everything okay?"
    Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Post  Riza Kinsley Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Riza's jaw hung open for a second before she snapped it back in to place when Noah mentioned getting to know her better. No guy had ever outright told her that before. Trying to understand why this beautiful person would say that, a light bulb finally clicked on. Duh, he's just really nice, and wants to make new friends. Riza wasn't surprised; after all, she had quite a few guy friends that seemed to treat her like one of them. While it was cool, sometimes she wondered if that was all she was good for. She got so caught up in her thoughts, she almost didn't hear Noah asking her questions. "Oh, umm, I'm fine really. Just a little hot." No need to tell him that he was the reason why. Riza swallowed, before continuing, "I think this year will be fun. I'm already meeting nice people that are going to college as well." She just hoped that if Noah was really intending to stick around, she would be able to finally appreciate Noah's looks without simultaneously dying from a heat stroke.
    Noah Brennan
    Noah Brennan

Post  Noah Brennan Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:04 pm

Noah smiled, and as he looked into the eyes of this rather pretty and interesting girl, he found himself definitely looking forward to spending time with her more than he ought to be. "It IS a bit warm in here. Maybe when you're finished with your shopping we can go outside and enjoy the day a little. It's a little cooler out there." He smiled at her. "Of course if you have any other shopping to do we could both finish together, since it's more fun to shop WITH someone than alone, then we could grab something to eat at the food court if you would like to." He ran his hand through his short hair and said, "I don't have a whole lot left to do anyway."
    Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Post  Riza Kinsley Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:04 pm

Riza could've died on the spot. He actually wanted to spend time with her? "Are you sick?" She had blurted out the first thing to come to mind, before immediately slapping her hand over her mouth. "I'm sorry; that was rude," she admitted. Thinking it over, it seemed reasonable that friends would shop for supplies together. She smiled without much humor as she acknowledged that. She supposed it would be good practice for controlling her attraction to Noah, but did she really want to start so soon? Knowing instantly that she would regret saying no, no matter how much of a fool she made of herself while in his presence, she hesitantly agreed, "Ok. I'm actually here because I was bored, so we can go wherever you need to. I just need to give Zelda back her phone." Trying not to grin at being able to hang out with someone so lovely, she looked around for the petite brunette.
    Noah Brennan
    Noah Brennan

Post  Noah Brennan Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:25 pm

"Are you sick?" she had asked.

Noah laughed, "nope, I'm definitely not sick." he said, smiling. "I have to wait for her too, to see if she has the books my niece wanted." He thought that she was cute flustered. As often as she wanted to tell him she wasn't, he could tell the opposite was true. Noah looked around as well, wondering if Zelda was having any luck finding the books for Kate. To Riza, he said "I only really need a few notebooks and things like that for school. Nothing really too exciting." Teasing her, but only slightly, he said "You're pretty, you know that?"
    Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Post  Zelda Knight Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:41 pm

"Yo, Norman! Or.. was it Noah...? Anyway, I got yer books riiiiight here!" Zelda called out to him, setting the books by the register. She motioned he and Riza over so she could earn her money and get her phone back. "Just to let you know, half of these books were like, a bitch to find. I would like a tip, kind sir!" Laughing it off, Zelda waved her hand dismissively. "Naw, just kiddin. But your total is nine o' six." Zelda said. It was apparent that something was going on over there. She could tell by Riza's red face. "Uh, hey... Did I cock block or somethin just now?" She cried.
    Noah Brennan
    Noah Brennan

Post  Noah Brennan Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:49 pm

Noah grinned at Zelda as he paid her. "Thank you," he said, handing her a $20 bill. "You can keep the change from that, for the work it took to locate them all. My niece will definitely be grateful." He waited for her to bag the books for him and watched the two girls talking.
    Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Post  Riza Kinsley Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:25 pm

Riza had clenched her fists when Noah had asked her such a question. She should've known he wasn't actually as nice as he seemed. She had been called pretty before, when she was bigger, but it never seemed genuine. Even now, judging from Noah's tone, the case still seemed to be the same. Only the reappearance of Zelda stopped her from making a heated statement. While the dark cloud that had settled over Riza had reduced the redness in her face, Zelda's question threw her off balance, and almost instantly, her cheeks were burning once again. Straining to keep a level tone, noticing curiously that Noah said nothing about the cock blocking thing, she decided to answer Zelda with a flat "No."
    Zelda Knight
    Zelda Knight

Post  Zelda Knight Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:49 pm

"No prob." Zelda mumbled nonchalantly as she put bill into the register. Handing him the bag with the books, she turned to Riza, giving her a smirk. "You sound sooooo tense! Hehehehe..." Zelda placed her hands before her mouth, a cute, but slightly muffled giggle escaped her lips. Riza was just too adorable, getting all hot and bothered by an older guy. Older guy... How old is this dude anyway? Zelda narrowed her eyes at Noah for a moment before looking back to Riza, and back at him. I wonder if he's a pedophile... She thought, her eyes still fixated on him. He's a cute pedophile, though... Is that weird to say? Probably?.... Huh...
    Noah Brennan
    Noah Brennan

Post  Noah Brennan Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:11 pm

Noah smiled at Riza, as Zelda handed him the books, feeling a little bad about teasing her. "I did mean it you know...I hope you didn't think was just being a jerk. You ARE quite pretty." he stated again, because she didn't appear to believe him. She actually looked a little mad about his teasing. "I'm extremely sorry if I upset you, Riza." He said it with a slight blush of his own, averting his glance. "I didn't want to make you uncomfortable." The truth was he DIDN'T think she was pretty. He thought she was beautiful.

He noticed the look he was getting from Zelda, like she was trying to cut through him with her eyes. He grinned, and said "Do you have something on your mind? You can say it if you want to, okay?" He ran the hand not holding the bag through his hair and looked from one girl to the other. He was glad he had chosen to ignore the question that Zelda had posed to the two of them.
    Riza Kinsley
    Riza Kinsley

Post  Riza Kinsley Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:37 am

Riza's rising temper was diverted from its path by Noah's words. She really did want to remain angry and tell the male before her that she was not amused, but she realized with a heavy sigh that there was nothing she could say. He was just too cute, and his apology seemed sincere enough. Damn all the beautiful people of this world... Her eye twitched at the thought, her mouth an angry pout as she watched the exchange between her new... friends? She wasn't sure. Riza would certainly like to think that, though they had just met, she was Zelda's friend. She already knew the reverse was true.

Moving onto the contemplation of Noah, Riza was out of her depth, if she was to be honest, and Riza was pretty much the most honest person she knew. It figures that no one would take an interest when she was a Pillsbury Doughgirl. Now that it was no longer a problem, she had another to think of. She would never know if someone would be attracted to her solely on her personality, and not her new slim figure. But, does that kind of thing ever happen? Isn't attraction what leads someone to want to get to know someone else? If she had been skinny from the start, she probably wouldn't even have this line of thought, but the facts were that she hadn't, and therefore she had ended up in this predicament.

Sighing as she felt the depressing thoughts start to drain her mentally, Riza no longer felt like being out and about. Her siblings were all at school, so she wouldn't have to worry about them when she went home, as that was her destination now. Waving a goodbye to Zelda and, after some hesitation, a shy wave to Noah as well, Riza apologized, "Sorry, I have to go. See you guys some other time." She had planned to sound at least somewhat cheerful, but she had a feeling that she wasn't completely successful.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:09 pm