Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
Day 3 Park Bar_left27%Day 3 Park Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
Day 3 Park Bar_left0%Day 3 Park Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Day 3 Park Bar_left9%Day 3 Park Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Day 3 Park Bar_left0%Day 3 Park Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Day 3 Park Bar_left45%Day 3 Park Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

5 posters

Day 3 Park

Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Day 3 Park Empty Day 3 Park

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:20 pm

Gadiel walked to the park quickly, once he left class. He wanted to enjoy the rest of the beautiful day that they were having. He sat on the grass, watching the clouds go by overhead. Thinking again, as he did much of the time of his baby sister who had been kidnapped 10 years previously. He always wondered if she was okay..they had never found a body...or her kidnappers, leading them to believe a mainlander had stolen the girl. Gadiel wished he had been a more vigilant brother, then it wouldn't have happened.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Day 3 Park Empty Re: Day 3 Park

Post  YuiSinclair Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:09 pm

Yui wasn't paying attention of where she was going, she was just happy she was finally able to run again. Then she finally came back to reality to see trees surrounding her. She gaped at them in awe and then she tripped over her legs and collapsed to the ground. "ouch..." she mumbled to herself as she got up, and then she noticed a shoe. her eyes went wide with curiosity and she started to poke at the shoe.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:23 pm

Gadiel looked up to see that pink haired girl...Yui....he thought her name was running into the park. He was a little shocked to say the least when she fell at his feet. When she poked his shoe he couldn't help himself. "You falling for me? or my shoes?" he grinned.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:28 pm

Yui heard a guys voice so she looked up and her face became pale for a moment and then a HUGE red blush crossed her face. "w...w...what?! both wait none!!!" She said as she waved her hands in front of her chest to deny his comment. SHe got up as quickly as she could and tried to walk away but she forgot about his shoe and tripped over his feet. SHe laid there in the sand for a few minutes pouting at herself with a blush across her face. "i no get up.... too dangerous...." SHe said.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Gadiel smiled at how flustered Yui was. He leaned over as far as he could and took hold of her arms, helping her up. "Why is it too dangerous to get up?" he asked her, an amused look on his face. He'd never known anyone as clumsy. She was sure a cute kid though.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:44 pm

Yui looked at him with amazement as he picked her up and placed her back on her feet. But she also felt a little embarrassed for being treated like a child. "Because... there are too many tall people..." She said as she stared down at her feet with a pout on her lips and a blush on her cheeks. "clumsiness + tall people = bad things!" She said looking back up at gadiel. "What would i do if someone stepped on me? im already only 4ft tall... i dont want to loose any more height." She said.

Last edited by YuiSinclair on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:46 pm

Although walking around did clear her mind, Lorilynn became a bit frustrated when she couldn't find a dance studio of some sort. Did these people not care for dance at all? What kind of place doesn't have one? And if the island did, why hasn't she seen it yet. Sighing in defeat, she sat down on a nearby bench in the park. While digging for a magazine in her bag, her eyes fixated on a boy and girl a good distance away from her.

"What are they doing...?" She mumbled. The girl was awfully close to that guy. She was on the floor, he was sitting up... She couldn't help but get some suggestive themes from them. "Oh my God... Are they doing what I think they're doing..? In public?" A huge red blush made it's way to her face. She buried her face in the magazine she just found, hoping she wouldn't see them. "Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God..." She panicked.

After a few short moments, she decided to be bold, and look again. She looked up slowly from her magazine, and to her relief, the pink haired girl was standing. "They're done? Oh, thank God." She sighed.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Gadiel smiled. "No one can step that high." He said. You might be somewhat shorter but no one can reach that high to step on you. I wouldn't let them anyway." He grinned. "want to sit?"
    He saw a pretty white haired girl a ways away. "Hi!" he said, his red ponytail blowing to one side, the hair scattering.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:03 pm

Yui looked up up at the man who she thought his name was Gadiel and then shyly nodded her head. "o....okay" She said as she sat down a few feet away from him on the bench. she shot him a side glance and then noticed a girl with white hair. 'she's pretty...' she thought to herself.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:34 pm

He laughed. "I'm not going to attack you." he said. "What's wrong? You have an expression on your face like you swallowed a bee." He smiled, turning to look at her. She really did look nervous.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:44 pm

Yui stared at him with shock and then stuck out her tongue and stared down at it from down her nose. Then she shucked her tongue back in and looked at Gadiel confused. "there's no bee..." She said with her eyebrows pressed together in a confused manner.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Gadiel started laughing. "No, no....I meant you looked really nervous!" he leaned back, laughing so hard tears came from his eyes. He hoped she didn't think he was laughing AT her because he wasn't.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Yui stared at him completely flabbergasted. She had never seen someone laugh so hard or for so long before. She got on her knees and she started to poke Gadiel's shoulder. "Mister... are you okay?" She asked with a pair of big curios blue eyes. She was not sure what was so funny.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:19 pm

Gadiel grinned, "I'm fine." he said. "You're just too funny." He had never met a girl before that was as unpredictable as this one.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:26 pm

Yui tilted her head to the side and wore a big pair of puppy dog eyes. 'hes kind of strange...' she thought to herself and then a huge smile made its way to her lips. 'he reminds me of papa... but with more hair.' she thought and she started laughing at the thought of her dad with Gadiel's hair, and then at the thought of his hair, without thinking she leaned forward and started to braid it. "hey... nii-san... why do you have such long hair." She asked as she peered up at him with big curios eyes.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:33 pm

Gadiel grinned at her again. "I never cut my hair." he said. I just like long hair. I always have." He just sat there and let her remove his ponytail and braid his very long red hair.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Yui's mouth went into an 'O' shape as she gaped at him. Then a huge smile formed on her face. "i like long hair too!" SHe said happily. "See?" SHe said as she pointed at her long pink hair that was trailing behind her like a veil. "But... i cant braid my hair..." She said as the smile went away and a pout appeared on her lips.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:51 pm

Smiling, Gadiel said, "Yes, I see your long hair..it's pretty." He said, "when you're finished I'll braid yours if you'd like me to." He had noticed a daisy plant near the bench they were sitting on full of white flowers, and he thought they'd be pretty braided into her hair.
    He thought of Yui as a cute little sister. He missed his own baby sister.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:57 pm

"un!" She said with a bright smile on her face. She continued to braid his hair with a smile on her face. "I've never seen red hair before...it's pretty..." She said as she admired its color. She then took off the pony tail from her wrist and tied it at the end of the braid. "Done!" she exclaimed happily.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:08 pm

Gadiel said "Thanks...Now it's my turn to braid yours." He pushed a few stray hairs out of his face. "Turn around with your back to me." he said, softly. When she did, he reached down and picked several of the white daisies and braided the stems into her hair, so that quickly it looked like her hair was covered in flowers. He thought it was so pretty with the pink and white.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:14 pm

Yui nodded her head energetically and then turned around and brought her knees to her chest as Gadiel braided her hair. She looked back at him from the corner of her eye. "Is it okay if i call you nii-san?" She asked with a curios look.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:21 pm

As Gadiel braided her hair, he said "You can call me that if you want to." He added the last couple of daisies to the braid, and tied it with a small ribbon he pulled out of his pocket. "There," he said. "I hope you like it."
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:24 pm

Lorilynn flinched a bit when the red head boy waved to her. Soon after, the girl was looking at her too. "Oh great..." she grumbled, a hint of blush still lingering on her cheeks. Her eyes narrowed at them, almost as if she was glaring. Lorilynn quickly turned her attention back to her magazine. She certainly didn't want to cut between them, after what they were doing moments earlier.

After flipping a couple pages in her magazine, Lorilynn noticed they were braiding each other's hair. "That's so weird... After they just... They're braiding hair?...Oh, man..." Maybe she had to admit defeat. Maybe Leon was right about how strange people were outside of her home.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:32 pm

Yui pulled her hair over to the side of her shoulder so she could see it and then her cheeks turned pink as she let out a gasp of delight. "So cute!!" She squealed as she hugged her hair, but carefully... she didn't want to hurt the flowers. "Thank you!" She said as she leaped up to her feet and wrapped her arms around Gadiel's neck into s sisterly hug.

She brought her attention away from Gadiel when she saw a girl with white hair looking at them strangely. She let go of Gadiel and waved at the girl. " You want us to make your hair pretty too miss?" She called over to the girl with a bright cheerful smile on her face.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:37 pm

"I'm glad you like it." He said to Yui. "I love braiding hair." He looked over at the white haired girl that Yui was talking to. "Come join us!" he called. "It's too nice of a day to be alone!"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:52 pm