Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 3 Bar_left27%Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 3 Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 3 Bar_left0%Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 3 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 3 Bar_left9%Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 3 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 3 Bar_left0%Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 3 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 3 Bar_left9%Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 3 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 3 Bar_left45%Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 3 Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

+7
YuiSinclair
Gadiel Halwe
Minami Aura
Carson Clemens
Lorilynn Schwann
Rebecca Clemens
Kevin Kojike
11 posters

Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning

YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 3 Empty Re: Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning

Post  YuiSinclair Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:46 am

Yui nodded her head energetically. "mhmm its a great day! i woke up on time today! And i didn't trip when i ran! I bet my luck is going to be really good today." She said happily as she skipped to class. "You wouldn't happen to know what class we have today?" She asked eyeing him curiously. She had forgotten to write it down on her board and completely forgot.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning - Page 3 Empty Re: Hustle & Bustle of the Early Morning

Post  Gadiel Halwe Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:56 am

Gadiel winced as he said "PE...and Art." He was worried about Yui possibly getting hurt and so he decided he would take it upon himself to watch out for the sweet pink haired girl. "It's okay...I'll be there....you don't need to worry about being hurt." He put his hand on her shoulder as they walked. Her energy was catching and soon he felt as energetic as she seemed to be.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:02 am

"You seem flustered. Take it easy, will you?" Lorilynn said, trying to calm Kevin down. There was no reason for him to get so tripped up on taking her anywhere. She wondered where the brother thing came from. She hadn't said anything about it, but maybe he said it because he was rambling.

She cocked her head to the side as soon as Carson blushed and stammered on. She wanted to talk to him a bit more but he had fled before she had gotten the chance. And Lorilynn really wanted to know what kind of place Tunisia was. Sighing, she stood up and fixed her purple dress a bit. "He is right, though. Class will be starting soon. I guess I'll see you around, Kevin." She waved him off. Turning to Becky she asked, "Would you like to accompany me to class?"
    Seraphine Neharika
    Seraphine Neharika

Post  Seraphine Neharika Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:08 am

Seraphine walked by the students grouped in the courtyard. She didn't look at anyone. She was expecting a very important phone call and minute and she was worried. She would never admit how nervous she was.

She was almost past the group of students when her phone rang. It was the call she had been dreading. She froze when she heard the news....the results were positive. How could it be? Did she really have so little time left? She began walking slower, her shoulders now shaking as she cried silently. She at that moment chose to turn around and go right home. She wanted to be alone.
    Kevin Kojike
    Kevin Kojike

Post  Kevin Kojike Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:15 am

Kevin waved goodbye to Lorilynn and sat back down to wait for Chepe. He watched them all and saw a girl who appeared to be crying. Concerned, he got up, and carefully went over to her. "Are you okay?" he asked her.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:18 am

Yuis cheeks turned red when he said he would be there, and then she felt a feeling of safety sweet over her. "Thanks..." She said shyly with a small smile on her face, and then she continued to walk beside him talking barely taking enough breaks to take a breath.
    Seraphine Neharika
    Seraphine Neharika

Post  Seraphine Neharika Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:35 am

Sera looked away from the dark haired guy. "I'm fine...It's not like I need anyone's concern or anything." She looked anywhere as long as she wasn't looking at him. "Please don't worry your small mind with my well being." she said, snottily. It hurt her to say that to someone who it appeared only was worried about her....even though he didn't know her. She tried to keep her snobbishness up, but it was practically impossible.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:43 am

Gadiel smiled. "But you do know we won't be in the same class right?" he asked her. He was wondering if she would expect that they would be in the same class...that would be rather odd, although the first few days they had been...Gadiel assumed that had been so students could get aquainted although he couldn't be sure.
    Kevin Kojike
    Kevin Kojike

Post  Kevin Kojike Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:50 am

Kevin let the insult go. "There must be something going on." he said quietly to her. "As small as my mind may be...it's big enough to be able to tell that you look like..well you look like you've just been given the worst news of your life." He looked at her. "If you want to tell me..feel free to do it. Sometimes... sharing problems, though it may not make it better..it CAN help lighten the load." Kevin was nervous. He did NOT have any experience with comforting someone, but for some reason he wanted to make this girl feel better.
    Rebecca Clemens
    Rebecca Clemens
    Admin

Post  Rebecca Clemens Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:19 am

"CARS--" Rebecca's expression was pained as her brother ran off. She noticed some discomfort from him earlier in the "group's" conversation but she hadn't realized it was so bad. But likely he wouldn't allow her to ask about it while they were still at school. Well enough. "Yeah, see ya--let's go," Rebecca jerked her head towards the general direction of the locker rooms. "You're new here, right? It's thataway."
    "Um, sorry about that, I mean Carson running off. It probably isn't you." Rebecca strode in her intended direction, making sure she was not more than a couple of steps ahead of Lorilynn all the while-- a habit she'd picked up when traveling with her brother.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:35 am

Lorilynn nodded, following Becky closely. She wondered why Carson had taken off like that. Was he really that shy? Or did she intimidated him a little? Hopefully she didn't come off as a bully. She hadn't meant to scare him away, but she was reassured when Becky apologized for his behavior. Maybe it happened often then, and he was just shy. She did give a dark look once Becky gave her last part of her sentence. "Probably, huh..? I didn't think I was scary..." she mumbled.
    Seraphine Neharika
    Seraphine Neharika

Post  Seraphine Neharika Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:40 am

Sera started. This guy didn't react at all to the insult she had hurled mercilessly at him. In fact, he seemed to be truly concerned for her. Well...if he really wanted to know, and he wasn't going to let her get out of telling him, she may as well. "My name is Seraphine. And I got told that I have an inoperable brain tumor the size of your fist and I have six months to two years to live....Happy??" She started crying harder. "I don't know what to do...I don't want to die. There's so much I haven't done yet!!" She looked away from Kevin. "Do you realize I may never see my Graduation day??" She looked up at him, her light blue eyes soft with tears. Sniffing, she asked, "By the way, what's your name?"
    Lizzie Saee
    Lizzie Saee

Post  Lizzie Saee Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:02 pm

Lizzie went to the courtyard and admired all the beauty that she saw. There were guys and girls all around and she was smiling. She was really excited when she saw the school at the other side of the courtyard. "This is going to be amazing!" she breathed. "Lilly! Come see, this is going to be great!!"
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:27 pm

Waking up to a deserted dorm room wasn’t exactly how Lena had expected for her morning to start. Following a sleepover that’s main purpose was to play catch up with her “best friend” who had been MIA all night, had left the groggy redhead with mixed emotions. Disappointed that Emma never showed, impressed that the “Model Student” actually broke curfew, and extremely curious about whom she had stayed with all night long. On top of all that Lorilynn was nowhere in sight.

Propping herself up on the couch -her curls a tangled mess- Lena debated on whether gym class was really worth the energy it would take to get up and get ready for the day, not that she didn’t enjoy physical education . On the contrary she always enjoyed a little friendly competition and the occasional exercising that went hand in hand. What was tempting her to stay in bed was the lack of sleep she had gotten the night before due to her late chat with Lorilynn. The girl had taken Lena by surprise, which was an amazing achievement all on its own. At first her paranoid spastic behavior had Lena wondering if the girl was off her rocker, but she happened to be quite interesting. The two of them could make a bit trouble together, and since Lorilynn was new to the area Lena might have to take it upon herself to show her just how much “fun” the island can be.

Class obviously winning the internal debate prompted Lena to drag herself off the couch and through deserted dorm into the bathroom as if she lived there. A quick shower took care of the smell of salt water that lingered in her curls from the previous days dip in the harbor. Pulling her hair up into a single pony she dressed and gathered her belongings before setting out to find Emma or even Lorilynn before class.

The courtyard was busy, the chatter of student’s conversing and getting to know one another filling the warm Island air. Just as Lena made it to the fountain in the middle of the courtyard the familiar jingle of her phone reached her ears. Fishing her cell out Lena took a seat on the edge of the fountain absently splashing her hands in its crystal clear water. The screen on her cheap phone was broken so the caller id was useless. Not knowing who was on the other end Lena answered her voice chipper as normal, “If this is Emma then you are in a lot of trouble Missy! If not…then good moooorning!”

Post  Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Lilly giggled and leaped around the beautiful courtyard. "Yay!" she squealed, running to her sister happily. She was so excited when she saw the big place and lots of people. Lilly went after her sister so they could walk in together and not by herself.
    Lizzie Saee
    Lizzie Saee

Post  Lizzie Saee Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:53 pm

"Lilly!" Lizzie said, "Isn't this going to be nice?" She smiled, the wind blowing her feathery white shirt and brown pigtails in the breeze. She decided she wouldn't curl her hair the next day. Linking her arm through her sister's she prepared for her grand entrance. It appeared the teacher was waiting outside for students but she HAD to change. She couldn't wear this for PE.

https://raiisland.forumotion.com/t40-pe-class-miss-goshe
    Kevin Kojike
    Kevin Kojike

Post  Kevin Kojike Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:32 pm

Kevin was shocked at this girl, Seraphine's tearful admittance of what had to have been hard for her to say. "I am so sorry." He said, his blue eyes growing even more concerned. He leaned forward and awkwardly attempted a hug. He hadn't hugged anyone since he was a very young child and it felt foreign to him to show this much emotion. Hugs were something he avoided...but he felt this kind of news deserved a hug.
    Seraphine Neharika
    Seraphine Neharika

Post  Seraphine Neharika Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:37 pm

As Kevin hugged her, Sera was shocked that he was giving her a hug. She didn't fight it. She had forgotten how good a hug felt when you were feeling bad. Sera leaned in to his hug and let him hold her. Sera was crying too hard to care that people were probably staring at her. Eventually the tears slowed and she was able to pull away from him. "Thanks." she said. "A good cry helps most things, I've found." She tried to smile, and sat on the bench.
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:13 pm

Wiping her hand off on her jeans Lena glanced over towards the path that lead to the boy’s dormitories. She had chosen to come to this spot for the simple fact that she would most likely run into Chepe on his way over to Emma’s dorm to meet her. Plus from here you could see the entirety of the courtyard making it easier to spot her friends. She didn’t see the point of keeping herself cooped up in the dorm all alone. Plus anyone who really knew the wild redhead was well aware of the fact that she couldn’t sit still for very long. Laughing into the phone she switched it to the opposite ear. “Oh hey Chepe! Sorry about that. My phones incapable of warning me who is calling so I tend to take a wild guess at it.” Lena explained, a smile spreading across her lips. “Actually small change of plans I am outside the dorms by the fountain. Hope you don't mind, but I couldn't resist the warm sunshine. It was just so tempting." Joking she leaned back a little her free hand on the edge of the fountain.
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:39 pm

Chepe left the dorm and walked to the courtyard, with Angel jumping around him, barking and attacking the ants on the ground. Angel saw Lena first, for the simple fact had been that Chepe had been watching his puppy. He looked up at the sound of her barking, his black hair falling into his eyes, as the breeze blew his very long hair around his face. He raised one hand in a wave, smiling at her. "Hi!" he said. "It's a nice morning...and you look great!"

He kept the other hand behind his back so she wouldn't see what he had been holding behind him too soon, as he walked over to her, his steps relaxed. "How was your friend, Emma last night? Surprised to see you?" Angel ran to Lena literally bouncing off her legs in excitement. Speaking to Angel, he said, "See, little one? I told you that you knew her." Chepe looked at his puppy with a somewhat soft expression on his face, and then he looked back at Lena. The expression he had on his face was now, even more soft and expressive than it had been as he gazed at his puppy. He thought again of the previous day...a day he would be thinking of often, and one he would always remember.

As always, at the worst time, his parents intruded on his thoughts. The looks on their faces as the other car had hit them, pushing their car into the river. He himself attempting to unbuckle his and Tes's seatbelts. His parents frantically trying to stop the car and his mom screaming, and trying to get to her children, forgetting about the seatbelt keeping her pinned against the seat. Chepe would always hear his parents screams, cries, and frantic words in his nightmares...and he blinked, his thoughts suddenly feeling as if they were visible in his eyes, as they began to water up. Chepe lowered his head a little as he tried to regain his emotions and force the tears from his eyes before Lena had a chance to notice.

Last edited by Chepe Kojike on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kevin Kojike
    Kevin Kojike

Post  Kevin Kojike Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:05 pm

Kevin sat beside Seraphine on the bench. "I bet it was really hard to hear that." he said, slowly. "But..you have friends don't you? Someone you can talk to?" Kevin leaned back against the bench. He really hoped she had someone to help her through this. He didn't think of himself as a comforting type. But watching this girl, he could see himself sticking beside her to offer a shoulder to lean on. The feeling scared him. Nearly every girl he'd ever met preferred his brother.

Speaking of which, who did he see arriving right that second, with his stupid puppy?? It was Chepe...and he seemed to be talking to the pretty redhead who was leaning against the fountain nearby. Kevin hoped the girl would walk away from him and totally embarrass him in front of all the students. But unfortunately, he could see the opposite happen in his mind. A strong possibility she might kiss him. She definitely didn't look like the kind of girl who would be shy about showing feelings in public. Kevin looked back at Sera, trying to ignore his brother's presence. He knew he was at school at least, and his revenge plan was now in action.

Last edited by Kevin Kojike on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Seraphine Neharika
    Seraphine Neharika

Post  Seraphine Neharika Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:38 pm

Seraphine looked at her hands, saying in a very soft voice, so soft it was difficult to hear, "no...I don't have anyone." She kept her eyes averted from Kevin's face. She thought he seemed like a caring person, but she didn't want to get close to anyone. How would he feel about getting close to someone, only to have that person die before their lives really got anywhere?

She knew there was a high chance that she would die before the school year was over. But she realized, Why should she live her live preparing for her death? Why not live her life for the time she was enjoying NOW? She knew, after all that NO ONE knows for sure when they are going to die...and in reality her situation wasn't much different from anyone else's.All she knew for sure was she didn't know how much time exactly she had left. The only thing she could be sure of was that it wasn't as much as the black haired boy beside her had. She smiled at him, feeling slightly better about what was going to happen. She would stop living in fear of what was to come.
    Kevin Kojike
    Kevin Kojike

Post  Kevin Kojike Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:42 am

Kevin didn't smile, but he rested his hand on her shoulder. "If you want I'm wiling to be there for you....if you want me to be." He knew he was in a dangerous situation right now, but he decided that he wanted to be there for her to be able to help her through it. He knew it was going to be hard for her and if she didn't have any family to help her he would.
    Cholena Nelson
    Cholena Nelson

Post  Cholena Nelson Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am

Lena turned her head to the sound of a familiar bark to find Chepe and the chunky little Angel bouncing her way. Getting to her feet she smiled waving back to them. “Well thank you. It’s the ponytail isn’t it?” Lena asked playfully when Chepe told her she looked nice. The compliment was definitely appreciated. He himself was looking handsome as always, but Lena didn’t need to point that out to him. Kneeling down she scratched Angel between the ears showering her in the attention she was begging for. Scooping up the puppy Lena stood back up beginning to answer his question about Emma when she noticed his head down his face once again hiding behind his hair. “Chepe? Don't tempt me. We had this discussion many times now. I will chop that gorgeous hair of yours clean off” She teased setting Angel back down. Taking a small step closer to him she reached out cupping his face into between her soft hands. Slowly lifting his face she brushed his hair aside suprised to see the expression on his face. “Chepe?" The volume of her voice dropped a little, "Are you okay?” She asked a worried tone in her voice as her hands dropped from his face.
    Chepe Kojike
    Chepe Kojike

Post  Chepe Kojike Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:20 am

Chepe smiled slightly when she mentioned chopping his hair, trying not to laugh at it. "I already know you won't do that." Unable to avoid it, he laughed a little at the thought.

At the feel of her hands on his face somehow he felt a little better. He didn't know why but she seemed to give him a little more strength, which he would need if he was to stay honest with her about what had happened, but he wished she hadn't seen his face right at that moment. He had been trying to get rid of the wetness in his eyes before she had seen, but her forcing him to look at her had ended that.

"Yeah....I'm okay." He said. "I had a slight flashback. I'm sure you already know what about." he said, smiling a little shakily. "I'll be okay. It'll take some time, I know."

Chepe was still feeling bad, and he couldn't bring himself to tell Lena how bad the flashback really had been. He didn't want her to worry. He wasn't on the verge of letting go with a flood anymore, her touch had done that much for him and he was feeling better. These moments came and went quickly so he felt really bad when someone saw him like that. He smiled a little as he said, his voice very soft, "I have something for you that I put together last night after I got home from my aunt's house."

Angel was standing by Lena looking up at them and slowly wagging her long tail, one floppy black ear falling over an eye and the other folded back with the pink inside showing. She cocked her head giving her master and the girl an almost human look, that seemed to say, Are you all right? Is there anything I can do? Angel sat, delicately lifting her right paw, with it's small white spot, offering it first to the girl and then to her master as her intelligent deep brown eyes took in the scene.

Last edited by Chepe Kojike on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:21 pm; edited 3 times in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:56 am