Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
Science: Mr.Rosenweisk  - Page 2 Bar_left27%Science: Mr.Rosenweisk  - Page 2 Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
Science: Mr.Rosenweisk  - Page 2 Bar_left0%Science: Mr.Rosenweisk  - Page 2 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Science: Mr.Rosenweisk  - Page 2 Bar_left9%Science: Mr.Rosenweisk  - Page 2 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Science: Mr.Rosenweisk  - Page 2 Bar_left0%Science: Mr.Rosenweisk  - Page 2 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Science: Mr.Rosenweisk  - Page 2 Bar_left9%Science: Mr.Rosenweisk  - Page 2 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Science: Mr.Rosenweisk  - Page 2 Bar_left45%Science: Mr.Rosenweisk  - Page 2 Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

+12
Carson Clemens
YuiSinclair
Ah-Gyul Shin
Chuck Wilder
Cholena Nelson
Olivia Wilson
Chepe Kojike
Kimimela Snow
Aaron Lucus Stepstone
Lissa Snow
Gadiel Halwe
Emma Stills
16 posters

Science: Mr.Rosenweisk

Lissa Snow
    Lissa Snow

Science: Mr.Rosenweisk  - Page 2 Empty Re: Science: Mr.Rosenweisk

Post  Lissa Snow Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:05 pm

Lissa was starting to feel lightheaded. She looked up, her eyes unfocused. She couldn't concentrate. she was starting to get worried but she still sat at her desk. She was really starting to feel woozy and she wasn't sure if she was going to pass out or not.
    Chuck Wilder
    Chuck Wilder
    Admin

Post  Chuck Wilder Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:39 pm

"My, my! What a bunch of weird little pupils I have this year," Gideon mumbled under his breath, then shrugged, "Nice of you to show up to class, students...mmyes. Now, open up your textbooks as well and stay sharp. Our lesson for today is geology. Now, I see a few of you raising your hands, then putting them down. Are you exercising? Airing out your armpits? Come now, don't be shy! Give us an answer. Anyone who fails to participate in class will be automatically volunteered to become the class lab-rat for the day!"

Chuck scratched his head, staring down at the rock formation on the page. He had no idea why it had layers in it, nor did he know what caused it. Quite frankly, he didn't really give a shit. Unfortunately, not failing was important in accomplishing his goal of proving to John that he wasn't some dumb animal. He had worked hard to get into Valevay High School in the first place and flunking was not an option. Glancing over at Emma, he saw her hand was up. She really is a smart girl, Chuck thought to himself, maybe I should ask her to tutor me. Though the idea of having a tutor was a little embarrassing, it would be a lot worse to fail. He cleared his throat a little, catching Mr. Rosenweisk's attention immediately, then jerked his thumb towards Emma, who shyly had her hand up. The old man's eye twitched a bit, but he caught on. "Yes, my dear? Do you know the answer?"
    Lissa Snow
    Lissa Snow

Post  Lissa Snow Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:56 pm

Lissa collapsed on her desk and rolled out of her seat, hitting the floor hard. She was unconscious before she hit the floor, her hair and one arm covering her face.
    Emma Stills
    Emma Stills

Post  Emma Stills Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:09 pm

Emma wasn’t someone you would consider a social butterfly or find working up a sweat while chasing around a ball in the sun for hours. If there was one this Emma Stills had going for her, it was her intelligence. Recalling her studies on geology her sophomore year, the answer had come to her rather quickly. Sitting up in her seat being called on, Emma adjusted her glasses her gaze traveling from the –pictured- rock formation to the elderly teacher. “Umm…the layers? Well, each layer in this cross section of the cliff is formed out of different types of rocks, generally over hundreds and thousands of years.” Emma answered stalling a moment to glance back at the picture, taking in every detail of the uneven layered pattern of rock. “Long term erosion results in uneven surfaces, and this unevenness is only accentuated over tim-“ Emma stopped suddenly in the middle of her explanation her head turning to the sound of something toward the left of her crashing to the floor. Her blue haired classmate was sprawled over the classroom floor unconscious. Emma stayed seated at her desk a worried look on her face, as some of the other student got from the seats peering over each other to get a look at what had happened.
    Aaron Lucus Stepstone
    Aaron Lucus Stepstone

Post  Aaron Lucus Stepstone Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:16 pm

Aaron got up, and hurried over to the blue haired girl who suddenly collapsed. 'Uhh...this is...Lisa...No..uhh...Lias?...Uhh..Lissa?...'He carried her up, and went over the the teacher, "Can I take her to the nurse?" he quickly added, "Oh, and the answer to the question is:" he coughed slightly, and tried to balance Lissa's weight in his arms, he looked back at with the tiny girl said, "What she said." he said, nodding to the old teacher, and heading outside the classroom, towards the nurse's office.
    Chuck Wilder
    Chuck Wilder
    Admin

Post  Chuck Wilder Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:29 pm

"Very good, my dear." Mr. Rosenweisk nodded, pleased that Emma was knowledgeable in geology. When Lissa had hit the floor, he'd jolted in surprise. "Goodness!" But then, a tall boy, Aaron, picked her up and headed out of the classroom with her, taking the young girl to the school's nurse. "What a nice young man..."
    Olivia Wilson
    Olivia Wilson

Post  Olivia Wilson Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:38 pm

Although it had only taken a second for her roommates unconscious body to hit the floor, in Olivia’s mind it had happened in slow motion, taking notice of her as soon as her head full of vibrant blue hair started drooping. Had Olivia not chosen debatably the furthest desk away from her, she would have immediately rushed over… Thankfully one of their fellow classmates had already seen to that.

Thinking back to her conversation with Lissa, early that morning Olivia would never have expected that the girl hadn’t been feeling well -- and normally she was pretty observant. Biting at her bottom lip, the Aussie girl watched as her roommate was carried away -assumedly to the nurse- hoping she would be alright.
    Aaron Lucus Stepstone
    Aaron Lucus Stepstone

Post  Aaron Lucus Stepstone Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:43 pm

Aaron rushed into the nurse's office, hoping to see someone there. There was! In his heart, he did a little happy dance, "E-excuse me, do you think you can help my friend here? She collapsed during class..." he said, laying her down a the small bed provided, and waited for the nurse to help. "Sorry, sweetie, I need to check on something, I'll be back in a jiff!" the nurse said, before running out the room, and turning left. Aaron sighed, clearly right now, she was of no use. So he went to the tap, and washed his hands, getting a small paper towel, and soaking it until it was cold enough. He went back to the bed, and dropped it on Lissa' forehead. "There." he plopped down on the floor, and waited.
    Lissa Snow
    Lissa Snow

Post  Lissa Snow Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:48 pm

Lissa started moving a little, as she opened her eyes slowly. "w..where am I?" she asked in a quiet voice. She tried to sit up, the paper towel falling to her lap, before she sank back onto the bed. Her entire body felt heavy. "How did I get here?" she asked herself. A tall boy siting on the floor caught her attention. She'd seen him in class. Where were they now? she wondered.
    Aaron Lucus Stepstone
    Aaron Lucus Stepstone

Post  Aaron Lucus Stepstone Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Aaron smiled, she had woken up. He got up, and decided to play a trick, so he started out by saying, "Aye, me lad, we be in the land of...Nurses. Me carried ya o'er here and saved yer life." Aaron chuckled, and and coughed, "No, really, you're in the nurse's office, and I carried you here, you collapsed, and I didn't want anything bad to happen.." he said, getting a new paper towel, and soaking it again. Setting it on the girl's forehead, he took the other one for her lap, "Now, she'll be back..I think... For now, just get some rest, alright?" he asked the blue-haired girl, looking around the room carefully.

Last edited by Aaron Lucus Stepstone on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:55 pm

Lorilynn folded her arms and frowned. "That was... a bit scary." She said quietly. She didn't know the girl, but she hoped she was alright. It was very nice of that tall guy to take her to the nurse. At least he knew what to do, Lorilynn wouldn't have been much help to the girl.

Post  Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:56 pm

Xavier saw the girl collapse and he hoped that she would be ok. A very tall boy had taken her out of class. He decided that she was probably going to be fine and went back to reading his textbook.
    Lissa Snow
    Lissa Snow

Post  Lissa Snow Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:01 pm

Lissa watched Aaron as he looked around. "Thank you. " she said. "I don't know what happened....I was fine this morning, I thought." she smiled at him. "I appreciate you bringing me here." she put one hand on her face to shield her eyes from the bright light. "I think I'm getting sick...I can't miss school."
    Aaron Lucus Stepstone
    Aaron Lucus Stepstone

Post  Aaron Lucus Stepstone Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:04 pm

Aaron looked down at Lissa, and rubbed her head, "Aww, its fine, what are friends for, huh?" he asked, sighing. "And right now, your health is more important than school, I'm sure the teachers are fine with that, their students are their business too." He walked around, mumbling to himself a Shakespeare quote he memorized.
    Lissa Snow
    Lissa Snow

Post  Lissa Snow Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:11 pm

she tried not to laugh as Aaron rubbed her hair, messing it up more than it had been after she fell. She didn't care that he did it. Lissa smiled slightly, making her head hurt worse. She thought Aaron was cute wandering around the room like that. He looked a little lost. "I know the teachers are nice...but I HAVE to be able to keep my grades up." she said. "My parents don't understand neglecting responsibilities." Catching what he was saying to himself, she said "You read shakespeare?" she asked curiously.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:22 pm

Yui watched the girl collapse and she felt her face pale. But then a taller man came by the girl and picked her up and rushed her to the nurses office. She sighed a sigh or relief that she was going to get help. "I hope she will be okay...." She said to herself just barely above a whisper as she played with her hands.
    Aaron Lucus Stepstone
    Aaron Lucus Stepstone

Post  Aaron Lucus Stepstone Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:25 pm

Aaron nodded, and started to say it aloud, hoping Lissa would hear,
    "To be, or not to be, that is the question:
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
    Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
    And by opposing end them. To die—to sleep,
    No more; and by a sleep to say we end
    The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
    That flesh is heir to: 'tis a consummation
    Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
    To sleep, perchance to dream—ay, there's the rub:
    For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,
    When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
    Must give us pause—there's the respect
    That makes calamity of so long life.
    For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
    Th'oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
    The pangs of dispriz'd love, the law's delay,
    The insolence of office, and the spurns
    That patient merit of th'unworthy takes,
    When he himself might his quietus make
    With a bare bodkin? Who would fardels bear,
    To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
    But that the dread of something after death,
    The undiscovere'd country, from whose bourn
    No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
    And makes us rather bear those ills we have
    Than fly to others that we know not of?
    Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
    And thus the native hue of resolution
    Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
    And enterprises of great pitch and moment
    With this regard their currents turn awry
    And lose the name of action."
    he sighed, and smiled to himself, "That was my favourite quote my him... It took me two months memorizing it..." he said, chuckling. He looked at Lissa, and nodded, 'I don't have parents... he thought, shaking his head. "Do you read Shakespeare too?"
    Lissa Snow
    Lissa Snow

Post  Lissa Snow Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:28 pm

Lissa listened to Aaron reciting the quote. She thought it was amazing that a boy would have taken time to memorize any of it. She smiled at him. "I love Shakespeare," she said, watching him. "You're really good.....you didn't forget a single word!" She blinked her blue eyes.
    Aaron Lucus Stepstone
    Aaron Lucus Stepstone

Post  Aaron Lucus Stepstone Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:35 pm

Aaron chuckled, and blushed a little, "Heh-ya think so? Well...it did take me pretty long to remember it, but, it was worth it!" he said, walking around in a slight circle, and bopping his head to a melody he hummed. "So, Lissa.. mind if I call ya Lis?" he added, "Well, unless you don't like it, and think it's stupid, then..." he chuckled, and scratched his neck, "So, tell me, what do you like to do in your spare time?" he asked, changing the subject.
    Lissa Snow
    Lissa Snow

Post  Lissa Snow Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:41 pm

"Lis is fine." she said. "I like to walk my dog, Dolly, and I pet sit in my spare time to make extra money." she smiled. "I love reading, and I spend alot of time at the library and the park." She said "I have two sisters and a 6 year old brother."
    Aaron Lucus Stepstone
    Aaron Lucus Stepstone

Post  Aaron Lucus Stepstone Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:55 pm

Aaron nodded, "That sounds nice...I love reading too, yeah, the library is my usual place to relax.." he said, rubbing his head, and sighing, "but usually, I just stay bored all the time.." he said, walking to the door to see if the nurse came, "I'm not sure the nurse still remembers me..." he said, sighing, and turning back to Lissa, "Oh well.." he shrugged his shoulders, "Do you play any instruments, Lis?"
    Lissa Snow
    Lissa Snow

Post  Lissa Snow Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:59 pm

Lissa smiled a little. "I play piano." she said. "That's really all I can do." She shook her head a little, immediately making her head hurt more. She looked up at him. Thanks for helping me." Looking toward the door she said, "It does look like she's forgotten us."
    Aaron Lucus Stepstone
    Aaron Lucus Stepstone

Post  Aaron Lucus Stepstone Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:11 am

"Lissa, c'mon, you need to rest, alright? Or at least bring a ice-pack with you." he said, heading over to the freezer, and taking a ice-pack out, wrapping it around a paper towel, he handed it to Lissa, "Piano is pretty awesome." he said, smiling, "I play the keytar." he said, brushing a strand of hair from his eyes.
    Lissa Snow
    Lissa Snow

Post  Lissa Snow Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:17 am

Lissa smiled. "You're right. I DO need to rest." she said, accepting the ice pack and putting it on her head. "Thank you." Curiously, she said, "I've never heard of a keytar." she said. "Is it like a piano?"
    Chuck Wilder
    Chuck Wilder
    Admin

Post  Chuck Wilder Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:17 am

The rest of class consisted of the rest of the geology lecture, interspersed with tidbits of information about Mr. Rosenweisk's vacations where he could observe several differing and interesting rock formations. He talked about the stretching and warping of rocks that had been under heat and pressure for extended periods of time, he talked about weathering of rocks and how they break down. The processes of chemical and mechanical weathering and the transport of minerals came next. He also talked about throwing rocks through people's windows during his youth when he had been a misbehaved grade-school boy.

At this, Chuck smirked in amusement (and most likely in remembrance of his own childhood). As the teacher kept yammering on and on, Chuck picked up his pencil and wrote on a loose sheet of notebook paper: Emma, can we get together after class? I have something I want to ask you. Then he folded the sheet of paper up like a football and flicked it over onto her desk, surprising her. Thankfully, the teacher hadn't seen it. He continued his lecture until class was just about over, then assigned them all a couple chapters to read in the textbook and some questions to answer for homework. When class was through, Chuck grabbed his things and asked Emma, "Hey, can I ask you something? It's about our classes..."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:33 pm