Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 3 Bar_left27%History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 3 Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 3 Bar_left0%History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 3 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 3 Bar_left9%History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 3 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 3 Bar_left0%History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 3 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 3 Bar_left9%History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 3 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 3 Bar_left45%History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 3 Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

+2
Kae Ramon
Guadalupe Moreno
6 posters

History Class: Ms. Kaufman

Mimi Shiel
    Mimi Shiel

History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 3 Empty Re: History Class: Ms. Kaufman

Post  Mimi Shiel Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:25 pm

Hearing that Eyree liked things that made noise, Mimi instantly thought of the bracelet and earring set she had last seen at the mall. "I bet you'd like chime jewelry then, those things are made to make noise!" It was true, the jewelries key feature was dangling ornaments that would jingle together whenever someone moved. They were pretty, fun, and even simple to make, Mimi had made a pair of earrings of her own just for the fun of it and she absolutely adored them!

Carefully taking the offered diskette hairpiece, she didn't want to drop it after all, she marveled over its warm golden hue and intricate carvings with wide blue eyes. Somewhat amazed that this little piece of jewelry came from so far away. "Wow, this reminds me of Phaistos Disc jewelry! But more golden and with less writing on it" She gave it another quick glance over, before carefully handing it back to its rightful owner.

The cotton candy haired girl brightened even more, if that was even possible, when the other girl mentioned the possibility of looking at more worldly treasures. "I'd love too!" She happily clapped to herself, almost literally bouncing in her seat at the idea of seeing more before suddenly pausing mid-clap. She gave Eyree a quick once over as she seemed to think of something. "And I don't think you need to worry about whats in. Warm hues, with a dash of bright color is whats popular right now, and you pretty much have that covered" She motioned to the golden jewelry and the girls purple locks with a grin.

Guadalupe Moreno
    Guadalupe Moreno

Post  Guadalupe Moreno Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:51 pm

Hearing Eyree speak a different language absolutely amazed Lupe. Her eyes widened in awe. Eyree could have been telling her "Go screw yourself" in Russian, and Lupe would have no idea. But it sure did sound cool, even if she was telling Lupe to go screw herself. "Iunno wha ju said, but it was really cool..." she spoke softly.

Kaufman had to say, she was impressed with this group of kids. They were so out there. In a good way. "Alrighty then. Well then Pinky, you're up!" Katrina grinned. "You seem like you've got a lot to say, so let's hear it!"
    Mimi Shiel
    Mimi Shiel

Post  Mimi Shiel Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:52 am

Mimi laughed at the teacher's comment, she'd been told before that she tended to talk a lot sometimes, guess this was one of them! "Well I'm Michelle Shiel, but you all can call me Mimi!"

Smiling cheerfully, the perky pinkette tapped her finger on her chin as she thought to herself. "Let's see...I like sweets and exploring shops. My hobbies....well I pretty much like anything fun and I like helping out my big sister with her fashion designs too. Oh! And I like making jewelry and other accessories!" She smiled, pointing to the handmade headband she was currently wearing.

"I'm not that great at sports unlike some people in this class..." She playfully grinned, glancing around at those who seemed like pro's compared to her. "But I'm a pretty good runner if that counts for anything. I think that's about it, so go ahead and ask away!"

Post  Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:56 am

Lily strolled into the classroom, naturally late. She sighed to herself. So many new people. I doubt any of them will talk to me. she thought as she walked to a desk as close to the back as possible. She placed her books on the desk, sat and eyed the others in wonder, then looked back at the teacher, then down at her desk. I should say something, I guess. But what "Hi, I'm new. Like me!" Nope that wouldn't pass. I'll just say something when I pass them in the halls or something. She thought with a shrug to herself, opening her History book and fiddling with the pages, reading random chapters and paragraphs. She bit her lip and wondered what her old friends where doing. Yes, they lived in a crowded 2 year old filled orphanage, but it was better since they weren't the new kid in school.
    Fred
    Fred "Romeo" Wilder

Post  Fred "Romeo" Wilder Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:19 pm

Fred grinned at the new arrival to the class as she came in and sat down, but opted to talk to her when it was her turn. When Mimi mentioned that her big sister was into fashion designing, something clicked in his memory. He remembered that John had recently been leaving the house more often than usual, despite his schedule as an underground combatant remaining normal. John had also been in an amused mood and had been earning more money as well. The older sibling had also worn a few outfits, Fred hadn't seen before.

"Mimi, does your older sister know my brother John?" Fred asked her with an honest interest.
    Mimi Shiel
    Mimi Shiel

Post  Mimi Shiel Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Mimi smiled and gave a not so discrete wave to the late arrival, she looked kinda nervous, maybe she was new? The cotton candy haired teen certainly had never seen her before, but then she wasn't all that great at remember others either. Her attention was quickly pulled back to Fred though, when he asked her a question about her sister.

John, John, the name sounded familiar but Mimi couldn't quite place where she had heard it before. But then, Fred had said that her sister knew him, so maybe........Oh! Now she remembered him! "Do you mean the Guard Dog?" It was a nickname her sister had used to describe him. Mimi had been rushing to school that morning, but when she passed through the living room, she saw a strange man she had never seen before sleeping on their couch. Later, in the car, she asked her sister Celi who he was and she had said "He's our new guard dog, don't worry, he won't bite but he sure does bark a lot".

If the John Fred was talking about and the John her sister told her about were one and the same, then they definitely knew each other! "Yep, I'm pretty sure they know each other! He was at our house this morning, I didn't know he was your brother though!"

Guadalupe Moreno
    Guadalupe Moreno

Post  Guadalupe Moreno Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:58 pm

Watching the dark-complected girl stroll into class, Kaufman’s eyes narrowed. Was this kid walking in to her class without saying good morning? Why she ought a-! “Yo, even later kid!” She cried. “You come in here and you don’t even say ‘morning’? Or ‘hi’? Or ‘yo homey g, sup’? Sheesh! Kids these days.” She sighed shaking her head. The cogs in her brain took a moment to start working again before she realized what she just said. “Not that I’m old or anything! I’m young. I’m like… twenty… somethin’… But anyway! I have a question for you, kiddo! Well, it’s not a question, but, I want you to be my teacher’s assistant!” Kaufman grinned. Mimi was super active and very optimistic. She’d be the best fit for when Katrina was flooded with work. “Whadda ya say?”

“Pfff, dey call your brother a guard dog?” Lupe snickered. Lupe has seen all of the Wilders before, especially John. He didn’t really seem like any type of dog, but the way Mimi described him, she couldn’t help but picture a Chihuahua, even though John was probably more of Rottweiler. This Mimi certainly was funny.
    Fred
    Fred "Romeo" Wilder

Post  Fred "Romeo" Wilder Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:13 pm

"Guard dog?" All pretenses dropped and Fred couldn't stop the look of shock that came across his features at the term. Most of the islanders either had heard about John or had seen him with their own eyes, and they would all unanimously agree that he wasn't the type to guard anything or anyone outside his own family. And he was at Mimi's house this morning? That jackass! No wonder none of them had seen him this morning! And here their mother was worried sick that someone might have actually killed him after last night's fight at the arena. Boy, was he in for a royal ass-chewing when he got home.

"Um... I'll have to ask you more about that later. Meet me after class, okay?" Fred asked Mimi, intent on getting answers, but preferably not in front of the whole class. Then he turned to Lupe, shaking his head a little, still in disbelief. "No, he's not usually known as a guard dog." He admitted, dragging a hand through his short hair, "Most people know him by his stage name, Rodeo."
    Mimi Shiel
    Mimi Shiel

Post  Mimi Shiel Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:59 pm

The pinkette laughed, Fred looked so surprised that she had called his brother a guard dog, and that he was at her house this morning too! But she guessed that it was natural to be shocked about that last bit of news. "Yep! Though Celi, my sis, said that she'd kill him if he answered the door while she was gone" Mimi could somewhat understand her sister's worry over that, their neighbors were just way too nosy sometimes! They often liked to stop by for no reason to "chat", or as her sister called it "spying on their lives since they have none of their own".

Mimi agreed to Fred's request to meet later, she figured there was some stuff he didn't know about his brother's and her sister's "relationship" yet, and wanted to ask her. Although she honestly didn't know much herself. Her curiosity was perked though, when Fred mentioned something about a stage name, and "Rodeo"? Was John a cowboy or something? The younger Shiel shrugged to herself, figuring she'd find out about that later.

Guadalupe Moreno
    Guadalupe Moreno

Post  Guadalupe Moreno Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:16 am

"Rodeo, eh?" the Hispanic thought aloud. She was just about to ask "How come?" When something in her head connected him to cowboys. Suddenly a dirty grin made its way to her face. "Hehe, cowboy... He kinda sounds like a stripper."

"Woah! We shall have no talk of strippers in here, young lady!" Kaufman warned, waving a finger. It didn't look like she was serious, though.

"I'm just sayin, it sounds like he's a stripper. Wait, Fred, is he?" Lupe inquired.
    Fred
    Fred "Romeo" Wilder

Post  Fred "Romeo" Wilder Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:28 am

"John's too mean to be a stripper." Fred answered bluntly, shaking his head, "He'd probably scare the daylights out of anyone who came close enough to him. No, he fights in the arena. There are a lot of people that cheer him on, but usually nobody outside our family has enough guts to approach him. Not unless they're picking a fight, anyway."
    Kae Ramon
    Kae Ramon

Post  Kae Ramon Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:44 am

Kae had stayed silent through the other introductions, not because he didn't want to get to know his classmates, but because well.....he was just too embarrassed to ask anything. He was pretty impressed with everyone so far though, even if they all did seem a bit eccentric. He wasn't sure about the late comer, she seemed nice enough, a bit shy looking maybe but she seemed alright.

He was floored though when that pink haired girl, Mimi, said that the Wilder's brother was at her house. Wasn't that a bit, y'know inappropriate? How could her sister allow such a thing! Wait...how could her parents allow such a thing! And what was up with the nicknames? Guard dog and Rodeo? Kae blushed when Lupe asked if he was a stripper because of the name, but was relieved(?) when Fred clarified and said he was a Fighter instead. "He doesn't mean like an illegal fight ring does he?" He had always heard stories of many illegal activities that happened around the island, it wouldn't be surprising if there was an illegal fight ring too. The very thought of it though scared the teen to death, he hoped he never caught a glimpse of that part of the islands life.

Mimi Shiel
    Mimi Shiel

Post  Mimi Shiel Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:57 am

"He's mean?" This had the girl confused, he seemed alright when her sister had talked about him, and Celi wasn't the type to hang around someone she didn't like. "He didn't seem so bad when Celi mentioned him though, and he didn't look scary either" Of course, she had only seen him asleep, he was probably very different when he was awake. But Mimi knew her sister well, and knew she'd never allow him in their house, let alone let him sleep there, if she thought he'd be a danger to either of them.

Fred
    Fred "Romeo" Wilder

Post  Fred "Romeo" Wilder Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:07 am

Fred quirked an eyebrow at Mimi's question.

"You mean you didn't know about his reputation?" He asked in a lowered voice, "John's known for being the most hot-headed one in the family. He tends to win most all of his fights at the arena and that lures wannabe tough guys to him. They have the attitude that if they can beat him, they'll be the big shot. Too bad for them, he loves a good fight, fair or not. If he was there at your house this morning, you shouldn't have anything to worry about though. John's not the kind of guy that shows up for no reason."
    Mimi Shiel
    Mimi Shiel

Post  Mimi Shiel Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:23 am

Mimi quirked her head to the side. "Well I have heard about the Wilder's reputation, but never his specifically" She had heard plenty about the Wilder's from her rumor-believing, over protective parents, but she never really believed them. From what Fred had said though, it made her wonder just how her sister came to know and befriend the older Wilder. "Knowing Celi, she probably just walked straight up to him"

She did laugh a bit, when she remembered what Cecilia had told when she asked why exactly he was there that morning. "Actually, and I'm this is what my sis said. 'He called me at 3 freakin AM because he couldn't sleep and was bored. He was damn lucky he brought donuts or I would've kicked his ass so hard' aaaaaand that's what she said" The younger sibling had laughed so hard when her sister had told her this, really, Celi made friends with the most interesting people sometimes!

Fred
    Fred "Romeo" Wilder

Post  Fred "Romeo" Wilder Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:39 am

From what Mimi had just said about her sister, the girl was either incredibly brave or downright insane. So John had come home, couldn't sleep and called Mimi's sister to alleviate his boredom? That was a new one. Well, unless they were sleeping together. In that case, Fred wouldn't be the least bit surprised. It wasn't unheard of for his older brother to do that, but he didn't usually stay the whole night.
    Eyree Sutherland
    Eyree Sutherland

Post  Eyree Sutherland Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:51 am

Mimi's introduction quickly turned to a rapid exchange between her and the Fred kid. Eyree's eyes followed the speaker, that annoying little smirk curling her lips the entire time. She almost didn't notice when another student came in. In fact, she wouldn't have noticed had Mrs. Kaufman not spoke up. She flashed a quick grin at the girl, watching her take her seat silently. She was a beautiful girl, all dark skin and glossy hair. Ripping her attention back to the fast-paced conversation. She picked up bits and pieces of it; something about Mimi's sister and Fred's brother. It all seemed exhausting and complicated. "I wouldn't mind talking about strippers," Eyree murmured. After all, she had inadvertently wandered into the Red Light District in Amsterdam when she was only twelve... it hadn't been so bad. People had offered to buy her a drink more than once (though she didn't realize until much later how clandestine and unsavory intentions really were). Crossing her arms, she sat forward slightly. "Excuse the interjection, but, for us not born and raised on the island. How many of you are there, Fred?"

Last edited by Eyree Sutherland on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Fred
    Fred "Romeo" Wilder

Post  Fred "Romeo" Wilder Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:03 am

Fred's attention was now on Eyree as she asked her question. "Well there's our parents, and I have eight siblings, so there's technically eleven of us on the island. It'll be twelve sometime next year though, because my oldest brother is getting married."
    Eyree Sutherland
    Eyree Sutherland

Post  Eyree Sutherland Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:16 am

Eyree nodded. "Mmmm. Well, mazel tov to your brother and his bride-to-be," she enthused airily in her raspy voice. It seemed that probably third of the population of the island was Wilders then. She grinned to herself. She certainly hoped her parents would be stationed on the island more permanently; it promised to be quite an adventure here. She focused her attention on Mimi. "Okay, here's a question. Most fashion designers have some weird little habit or quirk that they do when they're 'in the zone'. What's yours?" She grinned, showing a glimpse of white teeth behind pink lips in honey colored skin.

Last edited by Eyree Sutherland on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mimi Shiel
    Mimi Shiel

Post  Mimi Shiel Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:45 am

Running a hand through her wavy cotton candy locks, Mimi gave an embarrassed little laugh at the question. "Ah well, actually I tend to listen to Celtic music when I work. Or if I can't get a hold of any, I hum it" It was certainly an odd trait for anyone who knew the girl, while Mimi didn't hate it, she wasn't an avid fan either. She preferred bouncy, lively music, that made you want to get up and dance. But the Celtic masters of music seemed to be the only ones who could coax her to make her beloved jewelry.

Post  Guest Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:09 am

Lily looked up when the teacher called her out, and then asked a question. She looked up from the history book and said, "Oh, uh, sure." in a quiet tone of voice. I guess this'll give me the opportunity to actually not be an outcast? Or will it make me a teacher's pet and make me even more ignored? She closed the book and said "So what do I do as teacher's assistant?" a bit curiously. She knew she didn't know what she was getting into and her brain nagged her, wondering if she spoke too soon. She brushed her dark hair out of her eye and dismissed these thoughts, then listened to the woman intently, still feeling the other student's eyes on her, but shrugging it off.
    Eyree Sutherland
    Eyree Sutherland

Post  Eyree Sutherland Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:04 pm

A smile broke across her face. The girl seemed almost embarrassed to admit the fact out loud. Though, in her opinion she had nothing to be ashamed of. Music was a beautiful thing, one of the earliest expressions of art and self. If Eyree had inherited any sort of musical ability from her parents, she would have jumped on it in a heartbeat. As it was, she could only warble out a few raspy bars of "The Wheels on the Bus" before people begged her to stop. "If you like Celtic music, you'd love dinners at my house," she told her. "I mean, my dad's no 'Celtic Women' or anything. But he's from Ireland natively and plays a mean fiddle and bagpipe."
    Mimi Shiel
    Mimi Shiel

Post  Mimi Shiel Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:19 pm

A hand raised to cover her mouth as Mimi tried to stifle a cheerful giggle, her sky blue eyes twinkling with mirth. It seemed that Eyree had misunderstood her a bit, but she didn't feel the need to correct her. "Great, I'll be sure to come over whenever I'm in need of some creative inspiration!" She was mostly joking of course, she wouldn't randomly show up at the girl's house at some odd hour of the night but she did like the idea of visiting nonetheless, especially since Eyree's family sounded like a lot of fun!

Eyree Sutherland
    Eyree Sutherland

Post  Eyree Sutherland Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:12 am

Eyree seemed satisfied. "And then when all those creative juices get flowing, you can show me how you make all that cool fashion and jewelry stuff. I've gotten to see a few metal smiths working before. But never up close." She grinned. She liked Mimi. She was engaging and interesting in a far more refreshing and less cynical way then she was. However, she was becoming increasingly interested in her other classmates as well. There was such a diversity among the United States and their territories, something that could not be compared to anything else around the world. Eyree snorted inwardly. "God bless America," she muttered silently under her breath. Oh yes, she had missed being on American soil more than she could probably say.
    Mimi Shiel
    Mimi Shiel

Post  Mimi Shiel Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:44 am

Mimi practically jumped up and down with joy at the prospect of teaching Eyree to make jewelry, actually the pinkette did jump up and down, while clapping her hands excitedly too. All the while, looking vaguely like a bouncing pink and blue ball. But she had never gotten a chance to teach anyone to make accessories before and she was thrilled at the chance! "Of course! I'd love too! We can do it whenever you want!"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:58 am