Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 4 Bar_left27%History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 4 Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 4 Bar_left0%History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 4 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 4 Bar_left9%History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 4 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 4 Bar_left0%History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 4 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 4 Bar_left9%History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 4 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 4 Bar_left45%History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 4 Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

+2
Kae Ramon
Guadalupe Moreno
6 posters

History Class: Ms. Kaufman

Guadalupe Moreno
    Guadalupe Moreno

History Class: Ms. Kaufman - Page 4 Empty Re: History Class: Ms. Kaufman

Post  Guadalupe Moreno Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:18 pm

"Huh?" Kaufman asked the new kid a bit confused. "Oh no, Sorry bout that. I meant Pinkie over here." She said pointing to Mimi. Although Michelle was her real name, she liked her nickname for her, even if it was cliche. "But uh, since you just got here, you should introduce yourself too. Keep in mind, newer kid, people are gonna ask you tons of questions, n then we'll finally get to move on"
    Mimi Shiel
    Mimi Shiel

Post  Mimi Shiel Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:17 pm

"Huh, wha? Who, me?" Mimi questioned, pausing her little "happy dance" and pointing to herself in confusion. Of course she was the only girl in class with pink hair, so she must be this "Pinkie" that Ms. Kaufman was talking about. What she really didn't get though, was why the teach wanted her to be the teacher's assistant, that shy late girl seemed responsible enough and had agreed to do the job, plus Mimi knew full well she wasn't really the brightest around and honestly didn't think she'd be much help.
    Guadalupe Moreno
    Guadalupe Moreno

Post  Guadalupe Moreno Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:30 pm

"Yeah, you." Kaufman confirmed, nodding. Folding her arms, the redhead pouted as she eyed Pinkie. "What? You don't wanna assist me with anything?" She whined. Katrina then launched into a complaint about working too hard and not getting paid enough, and other nonsense Lupe didn't care to listen to. Glancing at the clock, she realized class was almost over.

"Oh, well wouldja look at thaaaat... We got three minutes till class ends." Lupe grinned, carefully putting on her book bag. This made Kaufman turn her head to the clock in anticipation and excitement.

"Oh! Oh gosh it is! You're right!" She cried, giggling like a school girl. "Well, I guess next time class meets, we'll actually be learning something this time. How's that sound kiddos?"
    Mimi Shiel
    Mimi Shiel

Post  Mimi Shiel Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:29 pm

"Yay! Class is over! Bye Ms. Kaufman, see you la~ter!" The pinkette sang as she skipped out of the classroom with her backpack already packed and ready to go. Not that she didn't like her teacher or anything, but when she got all talky like that it was hard to keep up, not to mention Mimi wasn't too keen on answering her question on whether or not she'd be teacher's assistant. Nope, the cotton candy head was more than happy to put off that little talk for a loooooooong time.

Stepping, or rather skipping out of class, Mimi made sure to just wait outside in the hallway. Fred had said he wanted to talk to her after class, and she didn't want to just ditch him or make him run all over the place to find her since he seemed intent on getting some answers our of her.

Fred
    Fred "Romeo" Wilder

Post  Fred "Romeo" Wilder Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:13 am

When the students started filing out of the classroom, Fred dismissed his fangirls and told them he wanted to be alone. Though they were visibly upset, they complied with his request and sulked out the door. Each girl shot Mimi a glare as they left, knowing the object of their affection was going to speak to the object of their disdain. Alone, no less. Gathering his things, Fred sauntered out of the classroom and immediately went over to Mimi.

"Thanks for waiting." He began, giving her a little grin before deciding to come right out and ask, "You said that John was sleeping on your couch this morning when you were getting ready for school. Did you talk to him last night before he went to sleep or anything? Our mom was really worried when he wasn't home this morning. He didn't call or anything, so we didn't know what happened to him. Mom was in tears because she thought someone finally killed him."
    Mimi Shiel
    Mimi Shiel

Post  Mimi Shiel Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:37 am

The pinkette was completely oblivious to the looks of disdain thrown her way, continuously bouncing on the balls of her feet until she saw Fred's familiar soft curly head making its way towards her through the crowd. She returned his smile ten fold when he finally got close enough for them to speak clearly over the everyday hustle and bustle of school.

"Hmm, nope! I didn't get a chance to talk to him or my sister last night, I got in way late and went right to sleep. And this morning, I think I told you this in class, right? Well he was asleep on the couch and I was in hurry, so totally missed that chance. So I didn't get a change to speak to him at all! I'm sorry your mom got all worried though! He looked ok, a little black and blue, and a little red, but other than that he looked totally fine!"

Fred
    Fred "Romeo" Wilder

Post  Fred "Romeo" Wilder Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:56 am

Fred sighed in relief. So his older brother was okay after all. He'd call his mother after his next class to let her know in case John hadn't let her know by then. As for Mimi, he decided to explain what the bruises were from. "Those bruises were probably from his match last night. John fights at the arena about once a week to make extra money to help with the bills. He's a pro level cage fighter and his stage name is "Rodeo" because he dresses like a cowboy and no one's been able to successfully 'tame him'. Probably because he doesn't have specific attack patterns. He just goes crazy on his opponents and beats them to a bloody pulp." He was quiet for a few moments as he carefully looked Mimi over. She didn't look like she was from Uran and he'd never seen her in Samo before. Perhaps she was from Vepigo. But if that was the case, how did her sister know John?
    Mimi Shiel
    Mimi Shiel

Post  Mimi Shiel Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:29 am

Mimi smiled warmly at the boy in front of her, Fred looked a lot less tense now that he knew his brother was ok. "Aww, he must have been so worried about him! That's so sweet!" The pinkette knew she would have been worried too if not for her sister telling her earlier this morning that John had a very hard and dangerous job, but it was something that he could handle since he was used to it. Fred's explanation only clarified it, and made her understand just how well he could deal with it.

"I know! Why not come over to my house after school? I'm sure he'll still there since Celi said she still had some more work for him to do, you could see him for yourself and make sure he's 100% A OK!"

Fred
    Fred "Romeo" Wilder

Post  Fred "Romeo" Wilder Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:45 am

"You...want me to come over to your house after school today?" His eyebrows shot up in surprise at the unexpected invitation. She wasn't acting like one of his fangirls or lackeys, rushing about trying to make sure he got everything he wanted. No, this was simple kindness. He wasn't used to someone inviting him...well, anywhere unless it benefitted them as well. It was a little strange, but at the same time it also felt nice. And he had only just met Mimi less than an hour earlier. Didn't she realize that many people on the island viewed his family as hooligans or trash? He eyed her for a few moments, wondering why she was so nice to him. Not only was he kind of a stranger, but she seemed incredibly trusting...

"Okay. I'll come over."
    Mimi Shiel
    Mimi Shiel

Post  Mimi Shiel Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:45 am

"Yay! Fred's coming over!" Mimi happily cheered, literally jumping with joy right there in the hallway. Not only because Fred had agreed, he was super nice after all, and she knew Celi would love to meet him! But also because it wasn't all that often that any of her school friends agreed to come over, most just preferred meeting up with her somewhere in town. But Fred was coming over AND she'd get to officially meet his older brother John too, so today was definitely a good day for the bubbly pinkette!

"I'll meet you after our last class ok? It's a bit of a walk though since its all the way in Vepigo. You don't mind do you? I can always call my sister to come give us a ride if you don't wanna walk that far!" Mimi herself never really minded the long walk home, it was usually nice and peaceful, quiet, but that never bothered her much. Besides, it was a great way to stay in shape! But she didn't know if Fred would want to walk all the way there, half the time that was the reason why her schoolmates never wanted to come over, the walk was just too long for some of them to make there and back.

Fred
    Fred "Romeo" Wilder

Post  Fred "Romeo" Wilder Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:18 am

"Oh, don't worry. My brother Terry can give us a lift if you don't mind riding in his van with him, me, Casey, Raph, and Keith. Your place might be on the way to the grade school where we've gotta go anyway. Pick up our youngest two, y'know?" Fred explained with a sheepish smile. Terry was going to give them a lift today anyway, so getting him to make a quick detour would be easy as pie. Then he could just catch a lift home with John when they were done at Mimi's house. No problem.

"I'll give my mom a call during lunch to let her know, but I doubt she'll mind much. She just likes to know where we are and when we'll be home." He told the pinkette. She really was a nice girl. And very energetic. Immediately, an idea that was anything but chivalrous popped into his head, but he repressed it. It wouldn't do him any good to concentrate on her energy levels and what they'd be like if and when he happened to get her alone. Sometimes he hated his male instincts. They got in the way, but only if he let them. "I'll see you after class Mimi." He said simply, flashing her a quick smile.
    Mimi Shiel
    Mimi Shiel

Post  Mimi Shiel Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:55 am

"That's totally fine with me! I'd love to ride with your family!" The happy pinkette cheered in excitement, seemed like she'd get to meet a whole crew of Wilder's today! That was completely unexpected, but totally not unwanted! After all, Mimi just loved meeting new people! Especially if they were all as nice as Fred ~which Mimi was sure that they were~and she couldn't wait to meet them! She'd bet his younger siblings were absolutely adorable too!

"I just hope your brother won't mind a tag along, or going all the way to Vepigo, it's still a bit out of the way even if they're already going to the grade school" That was possibly the only bad side of living in Westside Vepigo ~aside from the neighbors~, it was just too far away from most things! Sure, Mimi didn't mind walking, but it was a good 20 minutes to the mall, and 30 to get to school! ~If she was unlucky enough not to get a ride with her sister~ She didn't want Fred and his brother's to have to make the unnecessary detour ~no matter how much she'd love a ride~, but if they were willing, she'd love to tag along with them!

"Alright! See you then Fred!" Mimi enthusiastically sang as the bell for the next class rang,happily giving his soft and fluffy locks another pet while she was at it too. She'd probably never tire of playing with his hair.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:23 am