Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
AU MVB High School Bar_left27%AU MVB High School Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
AU MVB High School Bar_left0%AU MVB High School Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
AU MVB High School Bar_left9%AU MVB High School Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
AU MVB High School Bar_left0%AU MVB High School Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
AU MVB High School Bar_left45%AU MVB High School Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

3 posters

AU MVB High School

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

AU MVB High School Empty AU MVB High School

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:27 pm

Martin Van Buren High School was just as noisy as ever, with students arriving either via school bus, by car or by walking. John's light blue truck pulled into the parking lot with said Wilder behind the wheel and Patty in the passenger seat. Terry, Chuck, Fred and Buster were all in the back bed of the truck, holding onto the sides. Technically there were laws about not riding in the back of pickup trucks like that, but no one on the entire island followed them. Besides, the speed limits were low enough that even if someone fell out, they wouldn't get hurt too badly.

Provided there was no vehicles directly following them.

Nevertheless, as soon as the truck was parked, the boys scrambled out of the back of the truck, with Terry opening the door for Patty. She took his offered hand and gently kissed his cheek as he helped her step onto the blacktop. She stood at approximately five feet and eight inches tall and had thick, luscious black curly hair that fell to her shoulders. Her soft brown eyes twinkled at her enormous boyfriend as she smiled at him from behind a dainty pair of glasses. "Aren't you just the sweetest teddy bear on the entire island?" She teased, twisting one of his wild curls around her index finger.

"Shh, you'll ruin my reputation," Terry chuckled warmly, pulling her into a hug, "I'm supposed to be intimidating."

"Mmhmm." Patty hummed, unconvinced, "Don't forget you're having dinner with my parents and I tonight."

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." He leaned down and kissed her forehead.

As Chuck and Fred hopped down from the back of the truck bed, they overheard John and Buster talking about the previous Friday afternoon.

"I can't believe you paid me in pennies, you douche." Buster muttered, shoving his asymmetrical bangs out of his face, "What kind of sadist even does that?" He was freshly showered and rather floofy this morning, coffee in hand and backpack slung over his shoulder. Now that he'd actually put effort into his appearance, he was annoyingly attractive. And despite having darker hair and green eyes instead of blue, he looked like he could potentially have been a Wilder if things had gone differently.

"Hey, you deserved it, shithead." John shrugged, unbothered, "She was tired and already in a bad mood, and you made it worse."

"I'm guessing the bad mood was your fault." Buster quipped dryly.

"Eat shit." John replied.

"You eat shit." Buster fired back.

"Quit telling each other to eat shit." Chuck warned.

Fred rolled his eyes. "Oh, eat shit Chuck."

"Sounds like you all need me to knock your heads together." Terry was unimpressed. A chorus of apologies sounded from the lot and the group turned to make their way towards the building.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

AU MVB High School Empty Re: AU MVB High School

Post  Celi Shiel Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:14 pm

Ah, Martin Van Buren, her new school and place of educational imprisonment for the next few years of her life until she finally made it to graduation. It was rowdy and chaotic, and while not nearly as large, fancy, or new looking as it's rival Valevay, MVB held it's own as the main educational establishment of the island.

Sure, with her grades Celi could've easily gotten into Valevay, in fact the headmaster of the school had tried to greatly encouraged her to do so over the phone not too long ago. The benefits she would receive from going there would no doubt be a wonderful kick starter to her design career and he was more than willing to bend a few rules to allow her sister to stay in the dorms with her too.

But Celi wasn't interested. She'd gone to private schools her whole life, been chained to their rules and dress codes and constant pressure to be academically perfect. And needed a change from that upper crust way of life, where a grade could be bought and your only value was in how well you did for the school's name. It was shallow, it was boring, and it was not the life for her, not anymore anyway.

No, Celi had wanted a quieter and simpler academic life for her and Mimi, one where they'd both have the freedom they so craved and could never get at such a prestigious institution. So she had no qualms about attending the "lesser" school if it meant she'd have the creative freedom she always wanted, no skin off her back after all.

She did however, have some grievances about having to get up so early though. It was only for today, thank god, but Celi had had to get herself and her sister up at the crack ass of dawn, all so they could get their school tours out of the way since of course they couldn't do them over the weekend!

And as per expectations, there was paperwork and going over the rules and blah blah blah. Lots of rambling from the man who she was currently following around the high school's parameter, who introduced himself as MVB's own Vice Principal and rule enforcer, a Mr. Paisley Ennis. A name so...unique that Celi nearly did a spit take with her coffee.

That poor, poor man, what a childhood he must've had.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:16 pm

The group of hooligans - and Patty - made their way into the school and through the halls in a clump, tromping along in boisterous chatter amongst themselves until a random student shouted down the hallway, "Hey! The vice principal is giving a new student a tour of the school!"

Undoubtedly, the entire student body felt the man shudder.

With that announcement, Patty produced a wicker basket and an apple. "Oh, I'm glad we'll get to see him on the way to class! Did everyone remember to bring him a piece of fruit to add to the basket for his first day back after his sabbatical?" She asked kindly, looking behind her at their group. One by one, each Wilder produced a different type of fruit and held it up. Even Buster had brought a clump of grapes along today. She smiled brightly at them, "You boys are all so thoughtful. Let's go wish him, and the new student, a good morning!"

And with that, she turned and set off to greet them. The boys each exchanged less-than-wholesome grins and followed her down the hall. Patty was always such a sweet, considerate girl. They'd try to be as subtle about this as possible.

As they approached the vice principal, Celi and Mimi, Patty waved jovially and handed the man the basket, placing a delicious looking apple inside. "Good morning, Vice Principal Ennis. Good morning, miss! I hope you enjoy your time here at MVB. My name is Patty. If you need any assistance, you can always come to me and I'll be happy to help."

The man smiled as Patty moved aside so that the students behind her could greet him next, but his expression immediately paled when he saw just who those students were. The Wilders, all lined up in single file and each holding a different fruit. Presumably for the basket.

"Good morning Mr. Penis." Terry murmured quietly, placing a small round watermelon in the basket and joined Patty on her way towards class.

"Mornin' Vice Penis!" John greeted loudly, dumping in a coconut. He winked at Celi as he passed by.

"Good mornin' Mr. Penis." Chuck smiled in embarrassment and set some oranges in the basket before moving along.

"Morning, Vice Princi-penis!" Buster cheerfully added in the cluster of grapes. He grinned at Celi, but continued on after John.

"Gooood morning Mr. Penis~!" Fred sang - in a strangely harmonious, attention-catching way - and added some strawberries to the top.

"Fred, get back to the middle school." Mr. Ennis said flatly, "And the rest of you boys have detention!"
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:09 pm

Celi blinked in bewilderment and gave an awkward wave to the nice girl who had introduced herself as Patty, it wasn't like she was trying to be unfriendly or anything, but she wasn't exactly expecting to come across the three stooges after such a short amount of time and she was still trying to wrap her head around it.

That, and the whole fruit basket thing was just plain weird.

Sure, a part of her had rationalized when she had met them that they probably weren't Valevay students, but MVB wasn't a small school by any means either! So she was thinking it'd be a week, or maybe a month or so at most before she saw them again, not three fucking days!

But she supposed life had other ideas? So after they had finished their little fruit parade, Celi had every intention of striking up a conversation with them, if only in the hopes of getting away from the most blow-hearted and long-winded Vice Principal she'd ever met. The man had been going on and on for an hour about his accomplishments as Vice Principal, and even Mimi who loved listening to people's life stories was falling asleep!

Before she could even get out a 'hello' though, the man in question proceeded to give the lot of them detention before going off on them for....something, Celi hadn't even the foggiest.

"Honestly, all of you troublemakers, especially you Wilders! Do you enjoy giving me a headache with your shenanigans?!" When one of them seemed ready to raise a hand in confirmation, he shut them up with a finger to the face and a stern look. "Not a word! Not a word from any of you! I'm over here doing my job as Vice Principal and trying to show our new exceptional student around her new educational facility and here you are acting like...acting like..."

At his fumbling, Celi used this as her chance to pipe in.

"Acting like a bunch of students looking to give their teacher some fruit?" She asked, giving the man a rather harsh look at his prejudicial behavior since she had no clue just why he had it out for these dunderheads specifically. Sure, she knew for a fact now that John was a dumbass, and the creepy barista was well, creepy, but Terry was a pretty decent guy. And the others didn't look too terrible either, so what's the deal?

Faced with her skeptical look over his judgmental behavior, the Vice Principal coughed slightly before righting himself. She didn't know so of course she'd misunderstand things, luckily he was here to steer this new student on the right path to academics and him to the position of 'Principal Ennis'.

"Now Miss Celi, as you are new here I'm sure you don't know, but this particular lot of troublemakers needs a firm hand to guide them and I am just the man to do so" He said so with such confidence and bravado, it surely radiated to the new student just how strongly he knew what he was doing. "And I must suggest to you Miss, that as an explementary student with such high marks and achievements, you'd best not associate with...them, if you know what's good for you"
    John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:21 pm

At Vice Principal Ennis's last remark, Patty turned slowly towards him with a dark expression. Every local on Rai Island knew her parents not only ran the sole bank on the island, but also held regular fundraisers for the needy and for the local schools.

"I beg your pardon?" Her voice had gone from delightfully sweet to downright acidic, "Whatever do you mean by them?"

The boys in question had all clamped their mouths shut and were watching the young lady with wide eyes.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:53 pm

The Vice Principal gulped, he had forgotten that while an exceptional student herself, Miss Patty was also the beau of the oldest Wilder boy. Meaning that despite the boys unfavorable personalities and reputations, she remained steadfast as one of their strongest companions. A terrible choice really on her part if you were to ask him, but her parents were certainly not people he wished to get on the bad side of if he wished to have his own backing for the day he tried for the Principal's seat.

"I-I-I mean, they are certainly not the most punctual or rule abiding students s-s-so to speak, so my r-reasoning for judgmental behavior is q-quite founded, and M-Miss Celi is from a very p-prominent family! I'm s-sure that she and her parents would much p-prefer if she were guided to a m-much more advisable group of peers who-"

At his incredibly fumbled and stuttering mess of an excuse, Celi quickly interjected as soon as she heard that she was his 'reasoning for judgmental behavior'.

"Excuse me, Mr. Vice Principal, but if you'd read my files you'd know that I'm emancipated and as such, I don't give a rats ass what my parent's think of who I associate with so how bout keeping your prejudices to yourself and not get me involved?" Celi all but glared at him, she wasn't a fan of being used, especially as some sorry man's poor excuse to try and rationalize his own prejudices.

So flipping the bird in his general direction and motioning for Mimi to follow her, Celi decided to end the tour herself, walking over to small ragtag group with a huff and every intent of getting one of them to show her where her class was.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:48 pm

One of Patty's sleek black eyebrows arched as Celi soundly put the vice principal in his place and a smile curved her pink lips as she eyed the rosette. Being the sweet, wonderful boyfriend that he was, Terry had filled her in on everything that had happened last Friday. Namely, the hole that John - one of her future brothers-in-law - had dug for himself with this girl and how he'd managed to get mostly out of it.

It was no wonder that he liked her. She was more than willing to put people in their place when they deserved it.

Patty was absolutely delighted by this.

"I can see you and I are going to be very good friends, Celi." She reached into the breast pocket of her jacket and pulled out a business card, handing it to her, "Like I mentioned previously. Give me a call if you need anything. Anything at all, dear."
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:21 pm

Celi flipped the business card between well-manicured fingers with great interest, a catty smile playing on her glossy lips as her eyes glimmered with mirth.

She had originally thought that this Patty girl was a just sweetie, your typical teacher's pet who liked to look out for everyone and everybody. But lo and behold, here she was, literally reducing a man thrice her age to a stuttering mess and then hitting her up with a business card like she was a hit for hire.

The rosette had to say, she was very impressed, she liked people who had a backbone.

"Likewise. And remind me to never get on your bad side, you're scary" She chuckled at the older girl, already enjoying her new school if there were people like this around.

With one last look at the Vice Principal, who had turned a lovely shade of red and looked like he really wanted to say something in retort, but couldn't get past his own shit to do so. Celi mockingly waved at him from her place amongst the ragtag group, John standing to her right and the creepy barista to her left.

"Well, we'll be seeing ya Vice Principal Ennis, I think my sister and I will let one of our new peers here show us around the rest of the school"
    John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:00 pm

John couldn't help the victorious smile on his face when Celi and Mimi bailed on the vice principal and joined their little ragtag group. It wasn't that often that new students shunned the 'sensible locals' right away and decided to hang out with Rai Island's most notorious family. What made it even sweeter was that Celi had chosen him despite his offensive behavior the Friday before. Perhaps she secretly enjoyed troublemakers like him, or perhaps she was just sick of the fancy-pants snobs. Or maybe it was just that Terry's badass girlfriend had impressed her with that power play.

Either way, he'd take the win.

The group broke away from the sniveling 'Mr. Penis' and strolled through the hall with the pinkette sisters accompanying them, stopping every so often to point out areas, teachers and students of interest. Patty was extremely knowledgeable not only about the school and everything in it, but also about the gossip and how to use it to her advantage.

There was maybe fifteen to twenty minutes before classes began, so the gallavanting wasn't going to make them late. Not that the boys in the group cared much. John glanced at Celi out of the corner of his eye as they sauntered down the hall, and grinned. "Ah, you do like me." He teased lightly, "Enough to ditch the V.P. at least. And what a nice surprise that you decided to pick this school instead of Valevay. Did you miss me?"
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:56 pm

Since ditching the Vice Principal, the tour so far had been fantastic! It was way better than the long boring lectures that were putting them to sleep where they stood, poor Mimi had nearly rolled into a wall when he was going on and on about some poop infested statue that he got to inaugurate since the Principal had been away on business.

Patty's tour in comparison not only actually gave them some useful information that they could use, like don't use the bathroom on the first floor EVER because you'll be waiting for an eternity, but she also knew the gossip on pretty much everyone in school. From the students to the teachers, Patty seemed to know a secret or two about everyone, and honestly Celi was both impressed and a little scared at the woman's information network. You don't just get info like that by chance.

But she decided not to think too much on that, the rosette had already made a small promise to herself not to get on the older girls bad side out of respect, so dwelling on her extensive network would only give her a headache in the end.

Speaking of headaches, Celi rolled her eyes at John's teasing, in the few days since she'd seen him she had nearly forgotten what an ass he could be. This was an excellent reminder.

"As if, dumbass. You do realize that I had a 50/50 chance of going to the school you were in right? And then on top of that, in a school of about 600 students, in the course of just 2 weeks I still had a 42.8% chance of bumping into you during that time. So it wasn't me missing you at all, it was statistics" But at the blank stare he was giving her, Celi knew that what she'd said had just completely gone over his head.

With a exasperated sigh, Celi tried to level with him. "Look, private school is a been there, done that sorta thing for us so my sister and I wanted a change of pace. Ok?"

Not really waiting for an answer, Celi looked at her phone to check the time, it was about twenty or so minutes before classes began, so the older Shiel figured now would be a good time as any for said sister to head over to the middle school building so she could get to class on time.

"Hey Mimi, you should probably head out now, I don't want you late to class on your first day" The younger sister sleepily nodded as she rubbed her eyes with her overly long hoodie sleeves, the bunny ears on her hood drooping more than usual over her head from her tired slump. Poor thing was dead tired from having to wake up so early for the tour, and the VP's lecture did not help any.

But luckily it seemed like Patty and Terry were also excusing themselves before classes began and had offered to take Mimi, along with some of the younger boys, halfway to the middle school before they needed to split off to the stairway that took them to the junior year classes.

Leaving Celi with Tweedledumb and Tweedlecreeper.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:13 pm

Ugh, percentages.

And what kind of weird math was that anyway? That sounded more like an excuse for sass than anything else, but John didn't mind much. Any way he looked at it, Celi was his kind of girl. She was gorgeous and she had a smokin' hot body that had haunted his dreams at night and left him with a very noticeable problem when he'd woken up. Not that said problem couldn't be remedied with a little help from 'Rosie Palm and her five sisters', but eventually he'd like to have Celi wrapped around him instead.

Speaking of which, she was looking mighty fine today, and with him being a healthy teenager his mouth would almost surely get him in trouble with her. Especially when most of his current thoughts revolved around how he could use it on her. But no, he'd better not mention anything like that right now. It was too damn early in the morning to get himself in hot water.

And besides, Buster was still here.

Now that he was rested, clean and presentable, he was competition for Celi's affections. As frustrating as it was, his best friend also had every right to try to woo the new girl. John frowned at the thought as he glanced at Buster, who was smiling at the target of their shared affection. They had history class together for first period and John was sure the little sneak would offer to walk her to her first class. So he decided to preemptively intervene.

"Want me to walk you to your first class?" John asked.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:41 pm

Celi raised a delicate brow, she hadn't been expecting him to switch gears so fast. From what she'd known of him, which admittedly wasn't all that much at this point, she was sure John would've persisted like when they had first met. Probably with an annoyingly smug smile too, she mentally huffed.

But he didn't, which was a little confusing and more than a little suspicious.

Still...Celi thought with narrowed eyes, she didn't see a reason why she shouldn't accept his offer.

The alternatives being either she walk there by herself, or with the creepy barista who's class was possibly in the same direction. And while she was sure she'd find her way eventually, Celi wasn't confident she'd get there on time.

Likewise, even though he was certainly more put together than the last time she'd seen him, Celi still wasn't too partial to the barista on the simple fact that she didn't know him as well as John at point.

Not that John was a shining example of people she liked to associate with, but she had at least gotten to know him some under the watchful eyes of his brother and her sister. The barista not so much, and aside from smiling at her, he'd really yet to do anything to stop her unease around him.

So with a shrug, Celi just decided to let John lead the way.

"Fine, I suppose it wouldn't hurt"

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:54 pm

John tilted his head to look at the printed schedule she was holding and lifted his brows. It looked like they had several classes together, though they wouldn't be starting off each day with History. Well, there was nothing he could do about that... unless she wanted to skip. He could always take her to the roof, where he and his family members hung out, but something told him he should bide his time and wait for that one.

"English, huh?" John asked, wisely omitting their shared classes for now, "Easy enough. Follow me." He led her through the halls to their destination and even opened the door for her. Despite his lack of gentlemanly behavior in any normal circumstance, acting like one wasn't so bad. Not that he'd make it part of his daily routine. He had an image to uphold, after all.

"You're going to need pens and a composition book." Buster's voice piped up, and he held out a few pens, "The class always starts with a journal writing exercise that the teacher picks out, and she likes it when students let their creativity shine through. If you write well, and write a lot, you'll be on her good side. But if you slack like some people, you'll be on her shit list." His green eyes locked on John at the last part, but he still had an easygoing smile.

"Need a composition book? I have a spare." Buster offered, to John's annoyance.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:57 pm

"Sure thing" Celi said as she followed along side the taller boy easily enough, taking note of the direction for her future treks, as well as the fact that the creepy barista was following behind them with an irritated twitch in his eye.

But she ignored that, because it wasn't too long into their walk that she couldn't help but notice something...weird going on. Most of the student body seemed to be giving John, and by extension her, a pretty wide berth as they made their way down the hall. Not only that, but as soon as they passed, their onlookers seemed pretty interested in gossiping about what they just saw with their friends.

Or rather who they just saw.

Apparently, Celi mused to her, being the new student who just got an in-depth tour with little miss badass Patty wasn't enough to get the rumor mills going. But as soon as she's seen walking next to John and the creepy barista with no Patty in sight, she's the new eighth wonder of the world.

It made her ponder again just what kind of reputation John really had if she was getting this much attention from simply walking with him to class.

She was about to ask him in fact, what all the uproar was about, when the creepy barista piped in with some...actually pretty helpful advice to her surprise. He had been quiet since she'd thrown herself into their little group, and she had actually mildly wondered if he was still salty over her not taking to his earlier advances, apparently not.

"Guess he's not so bad after all?"

Still, she declined his offer to borrow his things with a shake of her head. "Thanks for the advice and the offer, but I have my own supplies...uh..." She paused, scrambling to try and remember his actual name. "Uhh....Pal?"

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:06 pm

He had the grace to look a little sheepish. Pocketing the declined pens, he gave her a small shrug and rubbed at the back of his neck. "Oh, uh... the name tag is just to make nice with the tourists. And to stop tourists for making fun of me." He gestured loosely towards John, "Johnny here was right. My name actually is Buster."

The barista in question looked uncomfortable. "My mom grew up obsessed with Tiny Toons and named me after the male lead."
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:20 pm

Now it was Celi's turn to look sheepish, not only had she not remembered his name correctly at all. Not that she had really tried to be perfectly honest. But she also had no clue just what he was talking about. What in the name of the seven bald saints was a Tiny Toon and why on earth would his mother name him after one?!

"Ah, I see, well that's...interesting" She awkwardly shot a look between the uncomfortable barista and John, who was either trying really hard not to laugh or was really pissed. She couldn't tell, she didn't give a damn, she just wanted him to pipe in and help this train wreck of a conversation!

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:45 pm

Of course, John's gut reaction to Buster's tried-and-true method of tugging on a girl's heartstrings was irritation, but when Celi had no idea he was referring to a cartoon it almost made him laugh. Now the conversation had turned awkward and both of them were looking to him for assistance. Celi clearly wanted his help to get out of the conversation, while Buster was hoping John would clarify for her.

Ha. Fat chance.

He looked between the two and idly wondered if he should bail either of them out. On one hand, he'd known Buster all his life. On the other, he'd love to get Celi all to himself. But should he keep pandering to her and risk damaging his reputation as one of, if not THE, meanest guy on the island? Hmm, decisions...

Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:14 pm

The uncomfortable silence had gone from awkward to just straight up dead as the two teens had tried in vain to turn to John for help with their eyes. A feat that had done neither any good as the boy in question merely stood to the side, clearly enjoying watching the train wreck as it was happening.

Celi for her part, had gone from frantically trying to figure out what a Tiny Toon was and awkwardly glancing around when she failed to do so, to glaring at John and all his unhelpfulness as she noticed the mirth growing more and more on his face as things stretched out.

Finally not able to take the silence anymore, and wanting nothing more than to wipe that smirk right off his face. Celi looked up at the taller boy with a glare, her arms crossed just under her chest.

"Something funny to you or do you like watching us make fools of ourselves to dead silence?" She knew before she even said it aloud what the answer was, especially when he had made no moves to help either of them escape from their conversational demise.

But John had an annoying knack for riling her up and Celi just couldn't let it alone if she tried.

"Actually thinking on it, if you were anything of a decent person, you could have stepped in to help us out. But I guess we're far too entertaining for you to do that, huh?"

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:29 pm

"Mmm... yup." John agreed readily with a curt nod.

Buster, for his part, rolled his eyes and shrugged it off. He and John had put up with each other's bullshit all their lives after all, so this was simply par for the course. The shorter boy simply exhaled in mild annoyance and it was as if the slate between them had been wiped clean.

Celi, on the other hand, looked like she wanted to deck him. Hard. And John knew in his heart of hearts that he shouldn't find her so attractive when her face was darkening with the desire for violence. Against him specifically. But the way her eyes widened and practically glowed with rage turned him on for reasons he couldn't even begin to fathom.

"Has anyone ever told you how pretty you are when you're about ready to strangle 'em?" John asked, grinning down at her, "Because I think you oughta know."
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:21 pm

Celi didn't think know which was stronger, her desire to angrily pummel John into the ground or her desperate wish for the ground to swallow her whole out of embarrassment. Neither were viable, she unfortunately knew, but that didn't stop her from wishing one of them would come to pass!

As it was, a brilliant shade of red painted itself across her cheeks and nose, and her fists were angrily balled at her sides as she stood to her tallest next to him. God, what she wouldn't give to be a foot taller right now, because having him grin down at her infuriated her to no end!

"You! What kind of inane bullshit are you even spouting?!"

At his maddening smile and wink, Celi whipped her head to the side to look at Buster in some sort of desperation, smacking John's arm with her hair in the process.

"Can't you do something about this dumbass!?"

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:45 pm

As it was, Buster was so caught off guard by John's bizarre compliment that the confusion was written all over his face. How on Earth could anyone be so enraptured by someone who was ready to punch him in the face?! He had absolutely no idea. And quite frankly, he didn't want to find out. Because unlike John, he enjoyed not throwing himself into fights serious enough to warrant a trip to the emergency room.

Suddenly Celi whirled to face him and Buster just about jumped out of his skin.

She was asking for his help. Honestly, he didn't know what to make of this situation himself, but he'd try anyway. He blurted out the first question that came to mind and hoped it'd work, "What does Bobby want for his birthday?"

John looked at him as if he'd grown another head, "His birthday's not 'til November, dipshit."

"No kidding." Buster frowned, "I'm asking now so I can save some cash, moron."

John's eyebrows furrowed as he thought about it and Buster made a show of checking his wristwatch. "Hey, lemme know on the way to History." He said and started walking off, "See you later, Celi." Upon realizing his friend was booking it down the hall, John nodded to Celi and jogged after him.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:32 pm

John wasn't the only one looking at Buster as if he'd grown another head, of all the moronic things he could have done, he chooses this crap?! Celi was already planning just how she'd beat John within an inch of his life for embarrassing her with his...stupid weird ass whatever that was! And now she'd have to add Buster to her list too!

"Way to leave me hanging, PAL!"

But somehow, someway, by some miracle, Buster's dim-witted plan actually worked! And the rosette could only stare on in wonder as he and John jogged down the hallway to their class, waving their goodbyes like nothing had happened, and leaving her standing in the doorway all by her lonesome.

Mindlessly, Celi turned and walked into the classroom, her feet taking her to the nearest seat where she sat down with a graceless thud and her forehead met with the cool wood of her desk. Her thoughts were scrambled and her body tired after dealing with the most ludicrous of events she'd ever had to deal with before.

She was only thankful that no one else, not even the teacher, had dared to try entering the classroom with John standing before the door. Otherwise the hole she was still wishing to envelope her wouldn't be deep enough to hide her humiliation.

Just remembering it had her groaning into her arms, her ears now dusted a matching shade of red as her face.

For the next five minutes, until someone else appeared in the classroom, Celi kept her head buried in her arms, willing her blush away as she muttered underneath her breath.

"Stupid John. Him and his weird ass flirting! Who even says things like that anyway? He's such a dumbass! How could he even, why would he even? He's so stupid!"

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:07 pm

The majority of the day passed by in the typical way high school days tended to go. Since S and W were relatively close together in the alphabet, Celi and John had a bunch of their classes together, such as Science, Math, Physical Education, Music, and lunch. This was great for John since he enjoyed bothering Celi every chance he got. The taller boy made it a point to walk her to all of her classes. When Buster shared classes with the two of them, he tried his best to keep John from driving Celi up the wall... with limited success.

During the walk to third period, however, it was a completely different story. John - though he was escorting Celi yet again - had put a temporary hold on riling her up and instead looked excited about going to the auditorium. Buster also seemed pretty enthusiastic. Soon, they were joined by Terry and Chuck as well, who were smiling nicely.

And Terry was holding what looked to be a cookie tin.

With how large and intimidating he was it almost seemed silly, but no one dared make fun of him. When they reached the little old lady that taught the music class, Terry bent down and gave her the tin. One by one, the Wilders (and Buster) all greeted her kindly as Mrs. Harper and gently shook her hand. She seemed positively thrilled to see the lot of them and was all smiles.
    Celi Shiel
    Celi Shiel

Post  Celi Shiel Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:37 pm

Celi followed behind the boys with an exasperated sigh, not really looking forward to music or any of the other classes, if they were all going to be anything like the rest of her day had been.

John had basically been on her tail all morning, and between his twisted sense of flirting when he had walked her to English and his near consistent need to make her angry there after, the rosette was just about at her wits end.

Sure, she had marked off the first time of him walking her to class as a simple friendly gesture, she was new so why not? But when she saw him right after she had gotten out of English, leaning against the wall, bored, as though he had been waiting on her. That's when she started to get suspicious.  

Of course, it would've all been taking in good stride if it was as simple as that, but Celi was learning very quickly that there was never anything "simple" when it came to John.

Case in point, instead of simply walking with her with some pleasant conversation like a gentleman, or even some good old comfortable silence, John thought it was fantastic idea to do everything in his power to annoy her just as badly as he had earlier that day.

When she had asked him why he was waiting for her after English, he simply looked down at her with that infuriatingly smug grin of his and told her 'it was to pick you up of course, cause I know you missed me'. When she was struggling to put her books away in her high locker, he thought it'd be absolutely hilarious to startle her by blowing on the back of her neck, and when she had turned around to snap at him for being a pest he laughed and tugged at her hair!

Childish pestering wasn't even the least of her worries, because John seemed to love to tease and push her buttons.

And the worst part was, there was no Terry or Buster in sight to help divert his single-minded attention!

No, she was on her own with him, all until he had come to pick her up for Music with several others in tow. To her utter maddening joy, apparently she shared a music class with the dumbass and several of the other boys.

They all looked excited and eager to go, Celi on the other hand wished she had taken art instead.

But at seeing the incredibly friendly interaction the boys were having with the little old lady with a kind smile, she had to wonder just what this class would have in store.

John
    John "Rodeo" Wilder

Post  John "Rodeo" Wilder Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:31 pm

As students began to filter into the back section of the auditorium, the four boys went right to the center area and started warming up without waiting for anyone. It was as if they were the only students in the room, as anyone who entered immediately stopped to listen to their barbershop quartet-styled rendition.

Of course, they were just fooling around with it, but the four of them harmonized incredibly well together.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:53 pm