Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
Day 3 Park - Page 5 Bar_left27%Day 3 Park - Page 5 Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
Day 3 Park - Page 5 Bar_left0%Day 3 Park - Page 5 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Day 3 Park - Page 5 Bar_left9%Day 3 Park - Page 5 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Day 3 Park - Page 5 Bar_left0%Day 3 Park - Page 5 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Day 3 Park - Page 5 Bar_left45%Day 3 Park - Page 5 Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

5 posters

Day 3 Park

Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Day 3 Park - Page 5 Empty Re: Day 3 Park

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:57 am

Lorilynn raised an eyebrow and put her hands on her hips. "Yui, I'm not five. I know there isn't a purple hippo behind me." Lorilynn wasn't really in the mood for jokes right about now. Still, she couldn't help but give Yui a small smile. If Yui was going through so many lengths to distract her and Gadiel, the least she could do was stop arguing, for now anyway.

Last edited by Lorilynn Schwann on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:00 am

Gadiel laughed at Yui's comment. "Yui, there are no purple hippos." He grinned at her, and giving her a quick hug. He smiled down at her, sorry he'd let his anger almost free.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:04 am

Yui smiled up at the two of them brightly so happy to see that they weren't fighting anymore. She nodded her head in sanctification that she single handed stopped world war three. then a small blush came to her face when Gadiel hugged her.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:12 pm

Gadiel felt himself relaxing now. The breeze had removed several short pieces of his red hair from the braid Yui had put in his hair. "Thanks for shocking me out of getting really mad, Yui." He said very quietly.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:40 pm

Yui looked up at Gadiel surprised and then a kind smile came to her lips. "anytime..." SHe whispered up to him and then she grabbed Gadiel and Lorilynns hands and started the drag them further into the park. "Lets go see the ducks!!" She screamed with excitement but then stopped a few feet of where they were last and turned around to look at them sheepishly. "Hehe... i dont know where they are..." She said shyly as she looked down at the ground and played with her fingers.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:46 pm

Gadiel laughed. "I know where to go. I see them all the time." He offered his hand to Yui and looked at Lorilynn. "They're this way." as he began walking. When they reached the duck pond, and they saw the ducks swimming in the clear water of the pond he said, "There are the ducks, Yui." he smiled.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:18 pm

Yui stared at his hand for a second and then gladly took it. They started to walk to where the ducks were and she was overly happy because she didn't trip once this time. When they got to the ducks her face lit up as a huge smile crossed it. She saw one duck laying down on the grass and she got the sudden urge to pet it. She started walking on her tipie toes trying to to make a sound or scare the duck away, but when she was a few feet away from it, it started to run away. Yui chased after it but when she tried to catch it she tripped over a stone. "Oof!" She said as she collapsed onto her stomach. "i was just trying to pet you..." SHe said to the duck who was now standing in front of her laughing at her.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:34 pm

Seeing as though she had no time to protest, Lorilynn let Gadiel and Yui lead her to the ducks. Her attention was on Yui for a while. Watching her chase the ducks was quite humorous. Looking at the ducks swim and quack bought back some nice memories of her childhood. The duck that was swimming in front of her looked like the same toy duck her father bought home from work. Quackers was his name. She took Quackers everywhere with her. He even came into the bathtub. No rubber duckie could ever take his place. Lorilynn gave a soft smile at the thought.

"Quackers," she spoke quietly.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:40 am

Gadiel looked over at Lorilynn, hearing her speak in a whisper. She looked happy, watching the ducks. Turning his attention back to the birds, he said, "lorilynn...yui...look there." He pointed at a duck who was sitting on eggs.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:53 am

Snapping out of her thoughts, Lorilynn turned to see what Gadiel had been talking about. When she saw the mother sitting on her eggs, a small squeak escaped from Lorilynn's mouth. "Ohmigosh! She's going to have baby duckies!" She squealed in delight before clamping both her hands over her mouth. She could feel heat rising to her cheeks. Man, what a dork she was. Slowly removing her hands from her mouth, Lorilynn turned her head away from the mother duck and her eggs.She was quiet for a moment before saying "O-oh, she's having ducklings. That's cool, I guess."
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:59 am

Gadiel grinned. "It's not bad to show excitement or happiness for something that makes you happy." He said. "I actually liked seeing you say that. You sounded happy." Looking toward the duck again, he said "I love seeing things like this..things you don't see often and may never see again."
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:09 am

Yui looked at Lorilynn with shock. That was the first time anything positive ever came from her mouth for the whole day. She walked back over to where Gadiel was and looked where he was pointing, and her cheeks became pink as a big smile appeared on her face. "Aww! it's a mommy ducky!" She said with excitement, and then she turned her attention back to Lorilynn. "Yeah! I'm always like that and its not so bad..." She said happily to her and then she tugged at Lorilynns sleeve and when Lorilynn came down to her ear level she looked at Gadiel to make sure he wasn't listening. "Just make sure your not a klutz like me... its not a good idea." She said.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 am

Still looking away from the ducks, Lorilynn's expression softened a bit. Although she hated to admit it, Gadiel was right. It wasn't bad to show happiness, but she had to be honest with herself. Lorilynn hadn't been very happy for a while now. It always felt that there was some king of black cloud looming over her head, and she just simply didn't want to show any signs of happiness, because the cloud would just rain on her parade. She just couldn't be happy, because in never really last long. Well, in her case anyway. Lorilynn turned her attention back towards the duck. She seemed so carefree, and happy to be having young ones. It couldn't hurt just to be happy for the duck, right?

"I guess," She started, sighing a bit. "I guess is does make me happy." She smiled. Soon, Yui was tugging at her sleeve for attention. She leaned to make sure she was at her height. "A klutz?" She whispered. "Why?"
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:27 am

"because it hurts and is embarrassing!" She said loudly and then a gasp left her mouth as she looked to the side to make sure no one heard that. "Plus i think Lori-chan is super nice... i just think you dont want to show it." She said to lorilynn and then gave her a kind smile.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:46 am

"Nice, huh?" Lorilynn thought. She never really looked at it as a matter of being nice, but, she was grateful for Yui's insight. She tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear and gave Yui a soft smile. "You think so? Well, thank you, that's very kind of you to say."
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:52 am

Yui smiled up to Lorilynn and then crossed her arms under her chest. "No problem! but i should tell you... i only speak the truth." She said and then she gave her a bigger smile.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:04 am

"I like your honesty." Lorilynn smirked. Yui was adorable. She'd make the cutest sister ever and Lorilynn would certainly pick her over Roselyn any day. "So, when are you going to show me how to be as flexible as you?" Lorilynn asked. She admired how she could bend, and thought it'd be useful when dancing. Of course she wasn't going to do the pretzel in a routine, but exercising your muscles was good, so you don't get hurt easily.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:15 am

Yui's face lit up with happiness. "Whenever you want! My roommate is rarely ever there so you can come over whenever you like. Ooh we can do hair and makeup too! Although i'm not very good at makeup and the only thing i can do with hair is braid it..." She rambled on like that for a few minutes just out of pure excitement. She talked and talked untel she ran out of breath... and ideas.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:32 am

"You've got a lot of plans for us, huh?" Lorilynn said, scratching the back of her head. Yui certainly was a big ball of energy. Maybe a lot more energy than she could handle. "Why don't we take it one at a time, alright? The weekend is a perfect time to do things like that."
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:35 am

Yui looked up at her and smiled sheepishly feeling a little embarrassed. "sorry... i've just never had a friend before...i got a little too excited..." She said shyly as she scratched the back of her head sheepishly. but she smiled and nodded her head to her suggestion.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:50 am

Lorilynn was astonished. How could a single person on this planet never have a friend before? And someone as nice as Yui? That wasn't just adding up. Lorilynn wasn't really affectionate to people she didn't really know, but Yui looked like she needed a hug. "But it's so out of my comfort zone..." She thought. Sighing, she places her hand gently on one of Yui's shoulders. "Well, you have a friend now." She smiled. Lorilynn glanced over at Gadiel for a second and returned her focus back to Yui. "Make that two friends."
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:53 am

Gadiel had been lost in thought during the girls' conversation, but when he heard Yui say she'd never had a friend before, he turned and smiled at her. "You have friends now." He looked at Lorilynn, rather glad that she had begun to show her nice side. He very much preferred it, and she looked much prettier when she was trying to be nice. He didn't want to upset Lorilynn by saying anything and ruining how happy she was, so he just gave her a small smile.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:12 pm

Yui looked at the two and her whole face lit up. "yeah..." She said shyly under a slight blush because she was happy. Then she ran up to Gadiel and gave him a hug around his waist. (thats as far as she can reach O.O) Then she looked over to Lorilynn and sent her a kind smile. "Come on... group hug!" She said as she motioned her to join in on the hug.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:16 pm

A faint blush appeared on Lorilynn's face. She just wasn't really used to showing affection to others. Other than Remy, Landon, and Leon, she never was affectionate to anyone else. Lorilynn would much rather keep to herself. She did tell Yui that they were friends. And she guessed that friends did give other friends hugs. She walked over to them slowly before mumbling "I guess that be okay..."
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:25 pm

Gadiel hugged Yui back, but as Yui pulled Lorilynn into the hug, he remembered her earlier outburst and so all he did was put one hand on her arm in a friendly gesture. He would not hug her unless he did it first.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 2:33 am