Rai Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A progressive romance roleplay on Rai Island.

Welcome to Rai Island!

This is a progressive
(Anime Style) Roleplay Forum!

This Roleplay takes place within the sandy white shores of Rai Island, which is located in the American territory of the vast Atlantic Ocean. Rai Island is known worldwide for its remarkably brilliant boarding school, Valevay High. The students that attend and manage to survive its rigorous courses and earn a diploma are highly sought after for their knowledge and talent, seeing as only the most gifted and intelligent students graduate with their class. Aside from Valevay there are a number of schools your character can attend (from primary to college) located throughout the island! Keep in mind you need more than books smarts to survive Rai Island. You’ve got to be strong-willed and able to handle yourself in tough situations… not all the island dwellers are neighborly; it does have its handful of ruffians. Keep your head up, your wits sharp, and most of all have fun!

Poll

Who shall be the next Spotlight? Please one choice per Creator.
Day 3 Park - Page 2 Bar_left27%Day 3 Park - Page 2 Bar_right 27% [ 3 ]
Day 3 Park - Page 2 Bar_left0%Day 3 Park - Page 2 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Day 3 Park - Page 2 Bar_left9%Day 3 Park - Page 2 Bar_right 9% [ 1 ]
Day 3 Park - Page 2 Bar_left0%Day 3 Park - Page 2 Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Day 3 Park - Page 2 Bar_left45%Day 3 Park - Page 2 Bar_right 45% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Currents News:
Forum Remodel Complete!
Thread Cleaning: Soon
Character Thread Cleaning: In Progress
Any Questions on why your character was removed from the Customs Office get in contact with Hina or Lin. Don't know who these lovely ladies are? Then you don't belong on this forum!
Newcomers Open Enrollment : Currently Closed

Upcoming Events:
Valevay Homecoming
Halloween Party (Invite Only)

The Roleplay's Date and Weather:
Month : September
Weather : Hi(81') Lo(63')
Forecast: Expect morning showers, but no worries they wont stick around for long by this afternoon there will be clear skies for all those planned outdoor activities! Lucky for all you stargazers out there tonight there will be very little cloud cover leaving the skies clear for enjoyment!

Character Spotlight

photo 71c9de1a-5807-422a-b3c6-fc41908411c2_zps9c3fd02b.jpg

Kyren Ari Stills

Hello there my fellow Roleplayers!
Sorry for the delay but "Mr. Rodeo" had too much personality for just one month! Anyways lets kick him to the curb now and welcome our newest and most anticipated character, Mr. Moody himself,

Kyren Stills

From the words of our lovely Sui, "Like a true Cancer, he is moody and reserved!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

True this young man is rather rough around the edges. Far from your "friendly" average highschooler. Secluding himself majority of the time Kyren immerses his attention and talent into his sketchbook. However his stoic aura is shaken only when his adorkable little sister, Emma is in his presence! If your lucky (very very very lucky) when she shows up you may even see him crack a smile. And who knows he may even have a smile that makes girl's swoon! But it's usually gone just a quickly as it appeared.

Okay, lets just get it out of the way and say this boy has an undeniable sister complex! Unwavering in fact! After loosing their father at a young age Kyren promised to protect her in his Dads place. He spends the majority of his time making sure Emma is happy and healthy! Also for her own good he battles to keep the Samo strays far away from her. Now Kyren isn't ALWAYS, as his creator may claim, a Drama King! He can be very compassionate and more than willing to treat you as family if he finds you trustworthy and you become close enough with him.

So, some advice when crossing paths with this eyeliner wearing teen. Keep your loud antic to yourself they certainly don't impress him (just ask Lena)! Keep sugar out of his reach, it makes his do very very bad things! ;) && Don't and I mean DON'T touch his sister!
Follow these simple rules, and you might survive!

Now off to the Interview! This one should be a HOOT!

photo 58461928-9a0c-4ab3-a584-c530b9c2501c_zps7ddddbac.jpg photo cb14890b-4187-4bb5-a059-e11134602b38_zps96a7a440.jpg
 photo aadb8926-6ebf-4e68-904e-894096e3bb6f_zpse5d15489.jpg photo adb4db3b-e095-4f1c-9775-699983d9573a_zps36bf5d5e.jpg

Okay, so we know that over the past several months there has been very little activity in the roleplay! But really that wasn't the intial point in creating this forum in the first place.
Rai Island is what brought us all together. It's our home away from home, so to speak! We are not just a Forum full of gifted and creative writers . . . however a place full of wacky and crazy friends ;)
A place where we are creating unforgettable memories!

Even though we are constantly changing and still knee deep in finding ourselves in the world; we know that through the tears that fall and the smiles that grace our faces we will always have each other! Because no matter where our lives take us, nothing will change so much that we are not all friends still!

&& We will always have RaiIsland to come back to! Our Island ♥
Okay, okay enough of the cheesiness!
I love you CRAZY ladies!
tiny heart photo: Tiny Heart Gif GifHeart.gif Always, Raye

photo c832522f-37c1-4d09-ae76-0dfc80c67c58_zps470e2482.png photo 419d242d-a7fa-46d9-be91-1602c229236e_zps53de78c1.png
 photo 969ea55d-c4b3-41fb-a859-374d4e6a7fc8_zpsa49c3f38.jpg photo a7c0fb6e-a8f1-40a5-bf58-6d7f461b4bfc_zps2f0a36bc.jpg

5 posters

Day 3 Park

Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Day 3 Park - Page 2 Empty Re: Day 3 Park

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:40 pm

Lorilynn gasped and dropped her magazine into her lap when she realized the girl was asking her to come over. She didn't want to, for she felt awkward being around them. She was about to decline her offer when the girls words hit Lorilynn like a ton of bricks.

"Make my hair pretty?" She thought.

"What do you mean by make my hair pretty?" She put her hands on her hips and frowned. "Are you trying to say my hair isn't pretty now?" She then turned her attention to the boy who called out to her. "N-no thank you... I'd rather be alone today." Lorilynn wasn't about to let complete strangers touch her hair. For all she knew, they'd probably chop it off!

Last edited by Lorilynn Schwann on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:43 pm

Yui's gaw dropped when she heard the girls comment and then she started waving her hands in front of her chest again to deny the comment. "no no no!! its very pretty i just wanna braid it!" SHe yelled across the park and then she noticed people giving her weird stares so she hid behind Gadiel. "P...please come play with us..." She said shyly.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:52 pm

"It's ok Yui. No one's going to be mean to you." Gadiel said, as she hid behind him. He looked at Lori. "You have beautiful hair. I never cut mine, myself. It drives my mom nuts." He laughed. "she's always threatening to cut it all off." He smiled "It would be okay if you want to join us." he said. "Nothing's going on with us at all. Just good friends hanging out together."
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:02 pm

Lorilynn narrowed her eyes at the both of them. She had a small debate in her mind before slowly approaching. Her eyes darted back and forth from the guy to the girl behind him.

"You can braid my hair if you answer my question. But if I don't like your answer, you can't touch not a single strand." Lorilynn loved her hair, and took care of it everyday. She wouldn't know what to do if something ever happened to it. A small blush appeared across Lorilynn's face. She didn't want to ask it, but you'll never know anything if you don't ask questions.

"What exactly were you two doing earlier?" She asked. She shifted her gaze down to the grass, feeling embarrassed. She then looked back at them, awaiting their answer.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:04 pm

Gadiel laighed. "Yui was running through the park and tripped over her feet and fell." He shook his head, grinning at the thought. "she started poking my shoe and I helped her up, teasing her, of couse."
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:18 pm

"She... Tripped? And then poked your shoe?" Lorilynn questioned. Did this guy really take her for an idiot? Then again... that girl did kind of seen clumsy of her feet. Lorilynn ran her fingers through her hair and sighed. It seemed like a bad lie, but what if it wasn't? What if that was actually the truth? As lame as it sounded.

"I see..." She finally spoke. "Okay, fine. I guess... I guess you can braid it then."
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:25 pm

Gadiel smiled. "Come sit with us," he said. "Yui can do your hair. She did mine, see?" he said turning his back toward her to show her the looong braid down his back. Turning back toward her, he said, "What's you're name? Mine's Gadiel." He pulled Yui out from behind him. "This is Yui." he said.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Yui looked at Gadiel and then at the girl nervously. "n....nice to meet you..." She said shyly as she polightly bowed to the girl. Her face was red with embarrassment at the thought of her tripping spree. but then a thought hit her. "out of curiosity... what did you think we were doing?" She asked giving her a pair of big eyes.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:46 pm

"Hello Gadiel, Yui. I'm Lorilynn." She looked at Yui and it took her a while to understand Yui's words.

"What did you think we were doing?"

"Uhhh... Um.. Uhh..." Was all that could come out of Lorilynn's mouth. Her face turned a dozen shades of red before she she shifted her gaze elsewhere and played with her hair. "Um, n-nothing really... It's not really important." She said. "Don't worry about it." She added hurriedly.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:52 pm

Gadiel suddenly understood. "....OH.....you thought.....Oh no, that is NOT what was going on." His face turned the same shade of red as his hair. "She's like my little sister."
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Yui looked back and forth between the two, confusion painted her face and then she finally settled on Gadiel and she pulled on his sleeve to get his attention. "Not what?" She asked looking up at him with her big eyes. She was so confused and had no idea why everyone was turning red. "Nii-san? Are you okay?... did you get a sun burn?" She asked as she noticed Gadiel's face.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:03 pm

"W-well, you could of fooled me! You two were so close!" Lorilynn cried. She scratched the back of her neck before gingerly sitting down on the grass. "Yui, was it?" Lorilynn asked. "Just forget I said anything. You can braid my hair now, if you want." Her blush was still there, but she didn't feel so bad, since she had her back turned to them.
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Yui smiled brightly and was about to run over to her when she tripped over her feet again. "oof!" She cried as she fell to the ground. a blush crossed her face and then she noticed she everyone else faces. "heh... look were the same!" She said happily as she pointed to her face. She sat behind lorilynn and started to separate her hair in three sections.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Lorilynn turned around to see Yui on the floor... Again. "I guess she is pretty clumsy." She thought. She turned back around after seeing Yui was okay and stiffened a bit as she felt gentle pulls and tugs of her hair. "Just be careful..." Lorilynn warned her.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:20 pm

Gadiel's face was still beet red, even though, thankfully the conversation had changed. He said, "So what do you like doing on the island? I've lived here my whole life and haven't seen you before." He watched Yui happily braiding Lorilynn's hair.
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:24 pm

"Just be careful, just be careful, just be careful..." Lorilynn repeated in her mind. She never really let anyone touch her hair, save for herself, her hairdresser and Leon. No one really asked anyway. Maybe her attitude kind of turned people off so much that they just didn't want to. Or maybe they were intimidated by her. She decided she liked the second thought much better. But these people were persistent. Was this what her father called giving into peer pressure? If so, she wouldn't dare give in ever again. She was told peer pressure leads to bad things. Lorilynn was so deep in thought that she only caught a bit of what Gadiel was saying.

"Huh? I'm sorry, what'd you say?" After Gadiel repeated himself, she replied "Oh, I just came to this island a couple days ago. I'm only here for school."
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:49 pm

"Oh?" he said. "I could show you around. My cousin and his siter just moved here a few days ago...my mom went to the harbor to pick up their horses. They'll probably be here by tonight." Gadiel scratched his cheek. "I really like spending time here. and in the mountains."
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:07 pm

"Horses?" Lorilynn thought. She wasn't really fond of them. When she was 10, she was bought to her uncles stables because Roselyn wanted a "pony". While Lorilynn walked off by herself, she found herself next to a horse named Majesty. She was a very beautiful horse, and Lorilynn felt the need to pet her. When Lorilynn stood up on the stool to pet her, Majesty took a liking to Lorilynn's hair; so much that she started to eat it. Terrified, Lorilynn cried loudly, and it took a while for her uncle to get her hair out of Majesty's mouth. Her sister would tease her and say that if she their uncle hadn't saved her, the horse would've kept eating until he ate her head off. After that little incident, Lorilynn never saw a single horse again. Except for on the television.

"Oh, horses. I guess that's cool." She said flatly. Her pride just wouldn't let her admit she didn't like horses. "Uh, that's nice of you to do that, but there are other things I want to take care of first. I haven't even met my roommate." She sighed. She was about to play with her hair when she remembered Yui was braiding it.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:14 pm

"Yeah, it's a couple of foals, their mother and another horse." Gadiel said, smiling. "Mom's not thrilled, but the foals are pretty small yet." He shook his head. We have a small barn and pen at our house so mom reluctantly said they could come here."

Last edited by Gadiel Halwe on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:45 am

Yui looked at Gadiel with big eyes when she head the word 'horses.' "Horses?" She said looking at Gadiel from the corner of her eyes. "Can i see them some time? ive never seen a horse before..." She said as she continued to braid lorilynns hair. "Hey! Lori-chan should come with us!" She said happily.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:00 am

Gadiel smiled. "I'm sure Chepe won't mind. We can ask him later okay?" Gadiel grinned. "They're just little so we have to be quiet around them."
    Lorilynn Schwann
    Lorilynn Schwann

Post  Lorilynn Schwann Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:13 am

Lorilynn stiffened a bit. "Uh, thanks but no thanks. Things like that just don't interest me." She lied. She couldn't tell them about her fear of horses. "Besides, I like cats better." It was true, Lorilynn was a cat person. She had a fluffy white one named Princess, who was actually a boy. He ran out of the house and got hit by a truck. Remy decided that the entire family should be at his funeral. He was buried in a near by pet cemetery.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:20 am

Gadiel said, "We had a cat.....but that was 10 years ago." he didn't want to explain that they no longer had a cat or would ever have one until his sister was home safely again. "Now I have dogs."
    YuiSinclair
    YuiSinclair

Post  YuiSinclair Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:31 am

Yui grabbed a pink ponytail from around her wrist and tied of lorilynns braid. SHe stared at it with satisfication and let a small laugh. then she noticed the daisys on the ground and started to play with them. "Adam and Kristine never let me have a pet... so i would go out and play with the strays in our neiborhood." She said happily as she braided the daisy's together.
    Gadiel Halwe
    Gadiel Halwe

Post  Gadiel Halwe Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:37 am

Gadiel said, "I can't imagine not having a pet. I love Yoda and Bug." He played with the end of his braid, looking at the girls. "Are you scared of horses?" he asked Lorilynn.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:58 am